“The truest test is in what happens when things go wrong”

Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Kent
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Kent
Tampa, Florida
“The truest test is in what happens when things go wrong”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I must say that after an abysmal stay at the La Quinta Inn, Auburn Washington (ref my review) http://tinyurl.com/p4nwdu9, I am very happy to post a review of a real gem. In the case of the aforementioned La Quinta Inn, the problems generated there were all their own fault and I was forced to make up for their shortcomings. In THIS case the problem I encountered here was my own fault. In my rush to make accommodations due to the booking screw up by the La Quinta folks I accidentally booked for the wrong month at the Hampton. I did this online and of course it was a non-refundable reservation.

Of course I found out about my mistake while trying to check in here at the Hampton Inn, Kent. "Megan" at the front desk was a one woman whirlwind. The phone was ringing off the hook, folks were checking out and then there was me...the guy who booked the right days but on the wrong month. In all of this I noticed that NO ONE was left hanging. Every phone call and everyone at the desk was acknowledged and attended to in short order with no one waiting for more than a couple of minutes. In all of that one person had a key that didn't work and the manager personally escorted that guest to the room with a new key to make sure it would work. What a difference from the La Quinta Inn Auburn. I couldn't get ahold of the manager or anyone in La Quinta management even after the whole debacle. Incidentally I am still waiting for someone to respond to my inquiry on that a week later. So far...nothing.

At one point I noticed Megan attending to four items (calls and front desk items) simultaneously and in all of that she managed to rebook me for the days I needed while at the same time getting me a refund for what was supposed to be a non-refundable reservation. All of this while maintaining a smile and an attitude of gold. I also noticed it wasn't just Megan. Every time I walked by the front desk either going out or returning I was greeted cheerfully by who ever was attending that desk.

I am literally a world traveler due to my employment as an airline captain and as you might expect I am no stranger to hotels. This one gets my top score. If there was a rating here better than excellent I would give it that one. Whatever you decide I am wishing you a great stay in the Seattle area. If you have any questions about my review on this or my referenced review, please feel free to click on my profile and email me. I will be happy to answer you.

3 Thank SpectreCGR

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Hampton Inn in Kent, Wa. New, quiet building with easy access (short drive) to Seattle tourist attractions/downtown area. Very family-oriented, clean and loved having the continental breakfast available. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone - especially those travelling with children.

1 Thank Travis K
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was ideal for a quick business stay - clean, great staff, comfy beds - nothing fancy but everything you need. They have free breakfast and free wifi - awesome! The hotel is only a few years old, and well kept. I highly recommend if you need to be in Kent, and I'll be back!

• Stayed July 2013
Kent, United States
Reviewed July 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel as I was on a business trip. We found the staff to be friendly and helpful, the room to be clean and comfortable, and the complimentary breakfast to be very good. Also, we found the location easy to get to from the SEA-TAC airport. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Crystal Springs, United States
Reviewed July 25, 2013

After arriving to Seattle from our cruise I called the hotel for a shuttle only to learn they have NO shuttle especially since I asked them when I booked and they told me they did. The hotel was very clean and staff was friendly but they had no shuttle from the Ports or to the airport which would have made my trip better and I spent more money on taxi service.

Port Townsend, United States
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Staff were friendly and helpful. Very clean hotel and room. Plenty of amenities nearby. I stayed at the hotel for a business trip. The location was very convenient and the service was excellent. Would recommend this hotel and will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

washington
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Clean hotel and friendly staff. The main road that this hotel is on is a long straight road that is often used as a drag racing strip. It was after 2:30 AM before the racing stopped. Maybe ask for a room on the back side of this hotel would help reduce the street noise. Good breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
BEST WESTERN Plus Plaza by the Green
Comfort Inn and Suites Kent
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Kent/Sea-Tac Airport
Ramada Kent Seattle Area
Red Lion Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle-Airport/28th Ave

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Kent? Share your experiences!