“Outstanding Szechuan Cuisine”
Review of Szechuan First

Szechuan First
Ranked #85 of 324 Restaurants in Kent
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Based on reviews I'd been meaning to try to this restaurant for a long time. I wish I hadn't waited so long. It is wonderful. The menu is extensive, and includes a back page in Chinese. The signature dishes are featured on a blackboard, so be sure and look for that. We had a party of three and everyone sampled each others' dishes, and we all loved everything that we ordered. Flavor, texture, presentation were all first rate. Our waiter was very helpful and helped steer us to the right dishes based on what we were looking for. The space has nice decor and was spotlessly clean. Prices are very reasonable, so this is one of the better values in the Seattle area. As noted by others, the location can be a little confusing. As you approach the address you will see a Harbor Freight Tools store. Enter that parking lot, continue past Habor Freight, and directly in front of you is another building with a strip of businesses, one of which is Szechuan First. Enjoy!

Reviewed March 13, 2014

This was our favorite place to eat when we lived in Tacoma. We stopped back here again on our way through Seattle. The food is always fresh and authentic. Our favorite dish is the spicy beef noodles as well as the pork with pickles. Also good is the Chinese eggplant. The only thing I have never liked here is the dumplings as they taste a little old (but hey, thats what Din Tai Fung is for). Go here for the real deal but be aware that you might have to wait for table. We had to wait once because it is popular for families. Give it a try and get some authentic food!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

Chinese food that is some of the best I have found in Seattle. Twice cooked pork, ordered mild, perfectly spiced, noodles and shrimp, barely battered crunchy shrimp, and garlic broccoli were all perfect and very, very tasty. Be sure to order mild as they tend to be spicy. Portions are large but just take home the left-overs, you will want them!

The food is soooo good this restaurants downsides still don't take it off my list. First, I could not figure out how to get into the parking lot. At night it is not easy. Second, we got a dirty glass of wine. They changed it but it was a major turn-off. Third and fourth, service proved somewhat slow and perfunctory with a most amusing collection of fruit hanging from the walls! Heck, go anyway, the food is great.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

I have been going there very frequent, because I love the food there. The chef is doing an excellent job. but the waiters there are rude and they obligate me to give them more tips.

Reviewed August 19, 2011

Restored my faith in Chinese food

All I can say is wow, I man am I glad the Thai place next door was closed the night we went.
This place is a gem in a sea of mediocrity. I have searched a long time for a place that serves great Chinese food this is that place. When Boeing comes here to buy food for Chinese buyers, you know they are doing something wonderful.
First thing I was searching for was some great Kung Pao, I found it here. Simply amazing flavors and more meat than anything else.
We also had the fried fish. It was fall off the bone tender with a slightly seasoned taste, delicious.
The Tea Leave smoked duck was perfectly cooked and unbelievably tasty.
But the dish that made me want to cry was the Chili Crab. There really isn't any adverbs that can describe this wonderful plate of heaven. All I can say is go and try it, you will not be disappointed.
We loved this place so much we went back the next night also. unfortunately we live on Flathead lake in MT and can't go here every week or we would.
Thanks for having a place like this open.

2  Thank polsongrizz

Been to Szechuan First? Share your experiences!