“It will do in a pinch”

Carlsbad, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It will do in a pinch”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is a 24 hour restaurant located next to Best Western, food was okay but nothing to write home about

Visited April 2013

Vancouver, Canada
“Nice service but filthy”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed at the Plaza by the Green Best Western hotel for a night as we were flying out of seattle and tried Shari's for a quick dinner before going to bed.
Even though the customer service was acceptable, the restaurant was dirty everywhere (sticky table tops and cutlery was all grimy) Our server seemed to have skipped a shower for months.
We hardly finished our dinners and all we wanted was to run away from the place.
I'd never set foot in this chain of restaurants again.

Visited March 2013
“Worst service ever in my life!!!”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Usually, my husband and I go to this Shari's during the weekday lunchtime and it is fine then. Twice now we have gone there early on Wednesday evenings and had exceptionally poor service. Slow to seat us, slower to get someone to wait on us. Even slower to get our food, which sat ready at the kitchen for so long for the waiter to get it, that it was not even warm when we got it. This time we had a group of six. Half of us got our food after about a half hour wait. Two more waited another 10 minutes for their cool food to arrive. One person did not get her short stack of pancakes until the rest of us were nearly finished. After another wait, we finally got to order the pie that comes with meals on Wednesday nights and it arrived after we watched it sit on the counter for another 10 minutes. This is the first time in our lives that none of us left a tip. The people at the next booth were having the same troubles. It was absolutely terrible both of the times we went there on a Wednesday night. The place was not at all busy so there was no reason for the slow and in attentive service!
Needless to say, if we ever want to go to Shari's for a Wednesday night pie night, we will not go to this one in Kent.

Kennewick, Washington
“comfort food”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

After traveling for three hours it was good to sit down to a hot meal. The wait staff was very friendly and accomodating and I highly recommend a return when possible.

Visited December 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Yummy Breakfast”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Service was decent, place was nice, and I was pleasantly surprised at an above average breakfast. At a place like this, I couldn't believe that my omelet came with fresh avocado! I'd eat breakfast here again.

Visited November 2012

Been to Shari's Restaurant? Share your experiences!