“no complaints at howard johnson”

Howard Johnson Inn Kent
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Kent
Renton
“no complaints at howard johnson”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

it was a good stay,friendly staff easy to find no problem with the check inn it was one of the best times ive had for it not to be a 5 star resort I was treaded like royalty

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Colville
Reviewed September 28, 2013

TV was not coordinated with the remote. Room was clean, bathroom adequate. Bed lumpy but comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Yakima, Washington, United States
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Not up to HoJo standards. Positives: +Clean room +Good breakfast. +Denny's across the street gives a discount if you mention you're staying at the HoJo. Negatives: *Dangerous Stairs: steep/exposed to rain. One stair is mis-angled; another has a broken chunk, exposing an iron rod. *Door to room was malfunctioning. Insert key card -> light turns green -> door still locked. It only worked after numerous attempts. *Shower water ran brown for a bit. *Tub drain bubbled up garbage. *Lobby smelled like someone was smoking (not tobacco). *Told front desk that door to our room was malfunctioning. I was told, "If you'd take the time to notice, there is a sign that says to pull up on the door handle." Never insinuate a paying customer is stupid! *I called ahead of time to verify the pool was open (someone in Aug. reviewed pool was closed) & was assured it was. Upon check-in, I was told pool & hot tub hrs were 9:30AM-9:30PM. We came down in our swimsuits less than 1/2hr later to find the pool/hot tub area locked. Front desk informed us it was closed due to a complaint that there was bleach instead of chlorine in the pool. "It was a management decision." There was hardly anyone there... There were no wet footprints around the pool area... At check-out, she was giving someone else the same excuse, word-for-word. I doubt the pool was actually open when we checked in. *Someone went around banging on doors and jiggling handles at 6AM, claiming to be from the front desk. There were also homeless people loitering by the lobby. My friends are "never staying here, again."

Room Tip: Beware the stairs to the second floor, but due to the neighborhood, second floor is safer than first...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Kent
Reviewed September 14, 2013

My bathroom grout was full of mold and mildew so I was not able to shower for two days. My water in the sink didn't work and when I reported it, the guy at the desk said he would send someone to fix it but never did, even after another call later in day. Finally he left and I was able to talk to someone else who sent someone to fix it. I had no running water in sink for 24 hours. Wi-fi didn't work in my room and I asked the same guy about it and he was very condescending to me and said I probably didn't know how to use my lap top. I also told him that 2 lights were burned out and basically he just blew me off and did nothing and called no one. Poor selection at breakfast, I ate out on the second day. Worst hotel I have ever stayed in and will never go back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo