“Worst customer service ever”

Howard Johnson Inn Kent
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Kent
Kent
“Worst customer service ever”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

My bathroom grout was full of mold and mildew so I was not able to shower for two days. My water in the sink didn't work and when I reported it, the guy at the desk said he would send someone to fix it but never did, even after another call later in day. Finally he left and I was able to talk to someone else who sent someone to fix it. I had no running water in sink for 24 hours. Wi-fi didn't work in my room and I asked the same guy about it and he was very condescending to me and said I probably didn't know how to use my lap top. I also told him that 2 lights were burned out and basically he just blew me off and did nothing and called no one. Poor selection at breakfast, I ate out on the second day. Worst hotel I have ever stayed in and will never go back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Calgary, Alberta
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We thought Howard Johnson was an average chain, so their hotels would at least be acceptable. We stayed overnight on a shopping trip, so when we saw the great rate on Expedia, we booked it. Boy was that a mistake. This hotel was quite run down. The carpets were worn, bed cover had burn holes in it (and you're suppose to use the bed cover as your blanket!). Things were falling apart too. Just felt bad the minute you walked into the room. But, we did get through the night without any disturbance, and didn't wake up with any red rashes on our bodies!
If you're staying a night, and price is important, you may consider the place. Fact is, for $20 more, there were many other better choices. I've learned my lesson.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Irvine
Reviewed August 27, 2013

- Sticky faucet that need very strong hands to turn on water (push/pull action faucet)

- Bathroom tub that looks as though it has not been scrubbed for at at least 3, 4 months with comets or bleach

- Bathroom tub water backup almost to my knees when I shower

- Faucet in bath tub move about in /out 2,3 inches because surrounding wall area all broken up

- There's a few big fly in the room that hover around

A completely disgusting hotel that I've ever run accross in a long time. Note that we were on a 9, 10 days trip staying at various hotel. I booked this one because we had stayed at Howard Johnson in Victoria, BC and it was decent. This one put the nail in the coffin for HoJo - I will never stay at a HoJo again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

1 Thank tdmdjd
Las Vegas
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We were here for 9 days from 6/21-6/30/13, thought we were getting a decent rate through AARP. WRONG! Howard Johnson clearly states on their website free WiFi in ALL rooms. Only free WiFi was in the main office and kept crashing. NOT IN ANY ROOMS! Pool area was closed and jacuzzi was drained. There was NO Fitness Facility!! Why do they get away with this, they trap you in and your stuck!
Room was nasty smelling, including dirty carpet, iron broken. Maid service barely cleaned the room and only left us with one towel (there was 3 of us). Had to request more towels everyday and the office said they were short on towels. 1/2 of the power plugs didn't work in the room. Someone next door smoked pot and it vented into our room 107. Two nights later they moved us to room 106 and both beds were literally broken in the middle, they apologized it was the only room they had available. Next 7 days we slept on broken beds. I couldn't get my money back and go somewhere else. We were stuck! They made no compensation or offered to move us to a different location. My son's first time to Seattle! Why didn't I go to Red Roof Inn like I did years ago. Worse experience EVER! Out of a $600.00 cost Howard Johnson only offered a 100.00 refund!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Rochester, Washington
Reviewed August 16, 2013

First of all this place lied to hotel planner. I have a bad back and with all the driving and walking around I do for work I really wanted a hot tub/ spa which they said they had and it was running. My husband and I booked the room for 2 weeks while we are on this side of the state working. Let me tell you I would have rather of stayed in our car I would have felt a lot safer and cleaner.
When you first drive up the place looks nice and clean. Then you get to your room and YIKES it is bad. I had to use the bathroom when we got there and when I went to use it the smell of mold was strong, especially since it was all over in there. The sink lighting was covered in some kind of old looking food like ketchup bottle exploded. The microwave was older than I was I believe and I am 40. We looked out the window to find our hot tub empty and pool GREEN. Except when we booked it the lady said it was working. This place I have to say is a hooker hotel. I found our pillows with dried blood, bed had been slept in before and they never bothered to change the sheets. The wall that is less than 6 inches away from bed had been used as someone's toilet paper. It was covered in snot and lord knows what those other marks were. We booked a nonsmoking room to have it covered in burn holes and a odd smell. The carpet was very dirty and stiff do to all the spills and dirt. My husband spoke to our hotel planner and they got us out of this horrible hotel to the comfort inn down the street. By the way Comfort Inn on 84th street is a WONDERFUL hotel. Very clean and the breakfast there was wonderful. I had waffles, yogurt and banana while my husband had eggs, sausage and bisket and gravy. Not to mention they had a running hot tub and a nice size pool. A lot better place to stay for 2 weeks and I even felt comfortable to go bare foot.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business