Howard Johnson Inn Kent
QualityInn
$139
$98
$85
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The staff at the counter was more concerned with the food they were having dropped off by a friend than checking us in to our room in a timely manner. I should have known this hotel would be terrible as I tripped going up the broken stairs to our room. The room was absolutely disgusting. Every single surface was dirty and had I not been traveling all day prior, I wouldn't have even taken a shower in their gross, cold shower nor used the, I would assume, unclean towel. I slept on my own dirty clothes to avoid having to sleep on their linens - which had cigarette burns and excessive stains on them. The television didn't work (to drain out the noise of every pin drop going on around us). I couldn't wait to wake up early and get out of the room. Will never stay at another Howard Johnson chain hotel, just based on this terrible hotel alone.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Our room was disgusting. It was so gross I slept on top of the blankets. The floors were black with filth and it smelt as if they tried to cover up the old moldy smell with air freshener, which did not work. All it did was give me a headache. I will never stay at this hotel again. Ever.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends