“Average hotel”

Howard Johnson Inn Kent
Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Kent
Reviewed July 15, 2012

This hotel was nice, the rooms were clean and quiet, breakfast was typical, the coffee was hot and there was a good selection of bagels and muffins. We stayed in this hotel for 5 nights and moved after the first night because the toilet would not flush properly and there was no pressure in the shower. The staff were accommodating and apologized for the issues.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 11, 2012

We had a good stay at the Howard johnson. The front desk was friendly and did a good job. Checkin was easy.The check in was 3pm but i got room around 1.00 since they had availability. My stay was pleasant with the pool being open and the breakfast till 10.00. Will come back definately !

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2012

I hated my stay here. I will NEVER stay here EVER again! I have had better customer service at Mc Donalds than this place. The front desk clerks were unprepared, unhelpful,and extremely rude. The manager was careless and rude. The owner of this hotel should get a better manager to manage their front desk. The price varies between travelers, I noticed it really depends on who is working the front desk! One morning I heard the lady at the front desk give a quote on the same type of room I was in for acouple days later for $20.00 cheaper. The housekeepers were friendly but the one who "cleaned" my room must have ran out of towels because all they did was refolded my old ones. My room was dirty,smelly,and unsanitary. There is a lot wrong with this hotel definitely not a place to bring your children to unless you want to have them exposed to dirtyness, the prosititution ring going on at the back part of the property ( bottom floor very last rooms), the lack of safety (sure they have cameras but what are they good for if no one is watching them!). This place needs a renovation in the staff and in their rooms. I will stay clear of this place as if it was a plague.

Room Tip: Find a better place to stay!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I beleive this surveys works wanders
We stay two uears ago n i wasnt happy at all.
People they fix the rooms, the smell is bettle , water in shower is much better this time wont change from worm to hot so its much better i will come back

Virginia from connell wa

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

Hotel staff was doing nothing about the prostitution going on in theirmidst. Someone reported a drug deal and the staff was only concerned about their money! The carpets were disgusting, beds not made and room with fore hazards! The trash was not removed nor was the bathroom cleaned. Onkaar the owner allows convicts to work for him and let's his front desk staff rip off his tills.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed September 1, 2011

They print a bill when you walk in and quoted a price, then they want to copy your card. They said it was for extras. The next morning the orginal bill cannot be found and they print a new one on the copy with your credit card on it and add things like a safe charge. The price for the room is more. What is worse is that the room is a filthy dirty room with the worst cheapest bed you will ever see. We thought that Howard Johnson had some standards. What a joke! We will avoid them in the future like the plague. Worst hotel we have ever been to.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2011

My niece n I call this place crack-tel. Crack motel that is. We just left there today after staying for 3 nights total. Asked for non smoking but everytime we entered ... still smelled like smoke . We gagged everytime we entered. Not enough towels .. just cut corners too much. As a business owner u want to save money but this is over board that u are hurting ur business . Honestly I would never go back. I am staying at another howard johnson for another 2 days n hope ts dfferent. Tonight I m staying at aother motel in centralia . Also about the same price 50 or so. Omg ... much better environment inside n out. I no longer wonder if my rental car will be there in the morning or not.

• Stayed: August 2011