“Good staff, Ok room”

Ramada Kent Seattle Area
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Kent
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I had a one night stay here on my last night in Seattle for business. The front desk clerk was very friendly and confirmed my room as a "suite" and issued me my key. As others have said, it's only about 15 minutes from SeaTac airport but in a quieter neighborhood.

The suite was what I would consider on par for a US Holiday, nothing super special and a bit on the older side but still well appointed. The room was also clean.

My only complaint would be that the walls/floor were a bit on the thin side so I could hear more going on around me than I usually would, although for a hotel in this category it's about normal.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Bellesen, Guest Experience Champion at Ramada Kent Seattle Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear ronin308,

Thank you for feedback. It is good to know you found our hotel to be in a convenient location and that you received great service from our front office representatives. We understand our hotel is an older property but know that we are constantly making improvements to make sure our guests can enjoy themselves while staying with us. We hope to see you next time you are in town. Thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Nice clean rooms at a great price, quiet and comfortable. We used the courtesy shuttle to get to and from SeaTac airport, only about 15 minutes away. Lots of variety in the complementary breakfast - omelets, sausage, biscuits, gravy, waffles, toast, juices, coffee, etc. Very friendly staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Donald S.,

Thank you for staying at our property and for your wonderful feedback. We are very happy to know you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast and shuttle service. We hope to see you again soon! Thanks again for your comments.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Rob at the front desk is fantastic!!! He was very helpful and informative. I would come back just because I know that I would get great customer service.!!!! the room was clean and quite. the jacuzzi tub is nice for the price.!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Bellesen, Guest Experience Champion at Ramada Kent Seattle Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear jtgresham,

We truly appreciate your wonderful feedback. We are very happy to know our front office staff made such a positive impression on you. We will share the feedback with our staff. Hope to see you next time you rae on the area.

Thank you!

Reviewed December 16, 2013

We had been recommended by a friend to this hotel, and we were very glad we took his advice. We had always used hotels close to SeaTac airport on our previous trips, but the location of this hotel in Kent worked even better for us. Their courtesy airport shuttle bus runs frequently, and the drive only takes about fifteen minutes. We were able to leave our car in the hotel parking lot at no charge, and the shuttle picked us up at the airport a week later. Our hotel room was quiet and comfortable, and the restaurant next door was convenient for dinner. The complimentary breakfast was excellent, with hot dishes like cheese omelets and sausage patties.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kathleen H
Bellesen, Manager at Ramada Kent Seattle Area, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Dear Katie H.,

We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed our hotel amenities. We appreciate the time you took to write about your experience at our property. We look forward to accommodating you during your next trip. Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed 2 days for business. Had a suite in the rear of the hotel, with an outside entrance. The walls are a little thin and this part of the hotel is a little older; bathroom was pretty clean with a few areas where the grout was getting dark. Rooms are large and fairly comfortable. Bed was great! had a small balcony that would be pretty comfortable in the summer months! The kitchen had some silverware and utensils and dishes, but lacked salt and pepper, etc.. no diswasher but the water heater works great! The lobby and breakfast area is very clean and modern with a the normal Holiday Inn breakfast fare..very satisfying. Staff were always freindly and accomodating. I would recommend it for any business stay in the Kent area. Felt pretty safe in the area and there is a family restaurant right next door! Had a pretty good chinese take out place near here too!

Room Tip: I found the suites in the rear to be very nice and clean and a lot of space!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jack50
Bellesen, Guest Experience Champion at Ramada Kent Seattle Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Hello Jack50,

We are very pleased to know you enjoyed your recent stayed at our property. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and your recommendations. We hope to see you again sometime soon!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I always enjoy staying in this hotel because we get upgraded to a Jacuzzi room. Breakfast is delicious and abundant and the rooms are clean. It is an older building, but it is kept clean. The Restaurant (Mitzell) next to the hotel is also very convenient for lunches and dinners. I just wish they quit using those tiny pillows. They are smaller than the standard sizes. It is not enough even for a small person like me.

Room Tip: I have only stayed in jacuzzi rooms both times I stayed here and it was in the same row and same com...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Hello Chat2travel,

We appreciate your preference and your helpful feedback. It is nice to know you enjoy our breakfast and our jacuzzi rooms when you stay with us. As for the pillows, please feel free to visit our pillow menu on your next visit so we can help you find a pillow that suits you better. Once again, thank you for your feedback and if there's anything else we can help you with, feel free to contact us.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

My husband got bed bug bites from a hotel cot. We spoke directly to staff during our stay; they did nothing. Upon our return home, I made several attempts to contact their corporate office and additionally sent a written complaint along with pictures directly to the hotel management. I have yet to receive a response, months later. I am disgusted with this hotel, their lack of care, concern and customer service. We will NEVER stay at another Holiday Inn. We will make sure to spread the word about this awful experience, and all of the additional money, time and energy we spent in cleaning bills and new luggage, upon our return home.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Kent Seattle Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Dear Anna F,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites Seattle Kent, WA. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
Comfort Inn and Suites Kent
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Kent/Sea-Tac Airport
Best Western Plus Plaza By The Green
Red Lion Inn & Suites Kent Seattle Area
Ramada Tukwila Southcenter
Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Kent

Been to Ramada Kent Seattle Area? Share your experiences!