“Unlikely style for Holiday Inn”

Ramada Kent Seattle Area
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Kent
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Unlike most Holiday Inns in that it has an older style and layout. The facility had a friendly and helpful staff. The room was clean but the bathroom was rather small. The carpet could use shampooing---as most of the hotels we have stayed in on our week trip.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Affordable, Nice staff, fairly clean room, not too far from Seattle. I would definitely stay at this hotel again if i visit seattle again provided that the price stays the same. Theres a pretty big mall / shopping center near by if you dont feel like going into seattle.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Pros: friendly staff, clean rooms, good hot breakfast. Nicely updated. Good access to highways. Guest laundry. Cons: outdoor pool only, no HGTV or TLC on their cable package. Also seemed like they were short staffed at times. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I had been flying 23 hrs even before hitting the US so I decided that instead of waiting another 8 hrs, for another 8 hr flight I would just go the next day and relax and maybe do some laundry and plus I could use a shower. I had originally booked the seatac holiday inn, but got my days messed up with all my time traveling back and forth and they were not avail on the correct day ~so I cancelled that, and picked the kent hotel.

Upon arrival at the airport we went to the shuttle area, waited a little bit saw a holiday inn shuttle bus and asked if he was going to the kent hotel. The driver told us we had to call them since it was a smaller shuttle. So I gave them a call(there is a airport phone in the shuttle area they are #11) and the guy at the front desk informed me that the shuttle was unavailable because it was doing something away from the hotel at that moment. But he did tell me to take a cab to the hotel and they would pay for it. Fine by me// cost about 20$

When we got to the hotel, from the outside it looked like a standard holiday inn, but when you went inside you noticed the little things that differ. the lobby is nice. we checked in with no problems. then we were given a map to our room :) we were located on the other side of the pool so had to exit the main building to get to the other side. The property itself was nice, it reminded me of different hotel chains, I didn't think it would be detached buildings. I'm not sure if the #2 side had a elevator since we were on the second floor, I didn't find it but we just dragged our luggage up the steps.

>> on my walk up the stairs and down the hallway I noticed that the building it self could use a good fresh coat of paint and it would look much nicer but it wasn't terrible.

The room itself was ok, we were upgraded to the suite with the kitchen/living area which turned out great for us since we tried out the room service(pretty good) and had plenty of space to eat.
I liked the view of the pool, and the open balcony not just a sliding window. the beds were what I expected from holiday inn with regards to pillows/bed spreads. Yes they are small but its a double~ clearly stated when you pick the room so no surprise there.
We tried out the pool/hot tub which was fine a nice end to our day. there were even ducks hanging out in the pool with us which was fine by me. They even let you swim pretty close to them. In the am, they were still hanging out in the pool.
The breakfast was ok, there were a ton of people there which i didn't expect Ive actually never seen so many people at a hotel breakfast. They had a buffet style, with a waffle maker that was constantly in use.
Over all I was pleased with my stay,, I would stay again if ever needing a layover.

The shuttle back to the airport was ok, took a little bit longer then the cab but no issues.

My only problem, was that it was clearly a non-smoking room, they stamped my papers and made me sign it, there was a plaque in the room that said the same. Now my room did not smell like cigarettes, but I found 2 cigarette butts on the floor. One in the living area and one in the closet of the bed room.
I do not smoke, neither does the rest of my group, so either the cleaners aren't doing a great job or people are getting away with smoking in the rooms and trying to get the next person in trouble.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ittybittyxx
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Kent Seattle Area, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear ittybittyxx,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. We are sorry to hear about the cigarette butts you found in your room. I have taken note all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Thank you for staying with us and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for my birthday weekend. My husband called and informed the front desk that they would be staying for my birthday. When we arrived, they had upgraded us to a jacuzzi suite at no extra charge, gift basket and birthday card along with bottle of champagne without even asking!! Great customer service! We will be back next time we are in the seattle area.

Room Tip: We always pick top floor so nobody above us
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bellesen, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Kent Seattle Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Dear Donna C.

We are extremely happy to know you enjoyed the surprise we had prepared for you during your last stay. We truly appreciate you preference and are looking forward to see you and your husband on your next stay.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

From the moment of our arrival until our departure every aspect of our stay was perfect. The concierge was accomodating to our need to leave our car for 2 weeks, they offer a wonderful service if that is necessary. The room was quiet, dark and bed comfortable. All of the things that make or break a stay away from home. The continental breakfast was as good as any others that include breakfast.

Room Tip: Not on a busy road so the traffic isn't loud outside. Offer shuttle to Seatac airport.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello IIovegod1

It is exciting to know our staff provided you with quality service, as we really work hard to make sure our guests are able to enjoy themselves while staying at our property.

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback!

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Excellent value. Free parking and breakfast included. The attached restaurant is pretty decent (home-style fare)

This place checks all the boxes to make it a 3-star hotel, but the room was kind of shabby. We would have preferred to go without the extras for a cleaner room. It would be good for families (outdoor pool). The staff were friendly and professional.

Room Tip: Floors are a little thin... go for a 2nd floor room to avoid hearing your neighbors walking around.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Robb T

Your feedback is very much appreciated it. We sincerely apoligize for the condition of the room. Please know that we always try our best to make sure all of our rooms are as clean as possible at all times. Our hotel is expecting to undergo renovations towards the end of the year. We hope you can give us a second chance if you are ever visiting the area again.

Once more, thank you for your comments and thank you for staying with us!