“Old but nice experience”

Ramada Kent Seattle Area
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Kent
Charlotte, NC
“Old but nice experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2008

I stay here at least once a year and although I could stay at a newer hotel in the area, I like the fact that this hotel has rooms with separate bedrooms and a kitchen. It just feels more like home. They are older rooms but they are clean and I have never had a problem. The hotel staff has always been pleasant and the restaurant next door, Mitzels, is fantastic. I keep saying I will try another hotel next time but always end up at the Holiday Inn!

Stayed February 2008
1 Thank MarilynJ6354

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Turkish first
Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2007

Stayed here for two nights and enjoyed our stay very much. Room was a nice size and very clean. Large pool and very warm hot tub. Breakfast was generous, lots of selection including freshly made waffles. Guest laundry was very clean on extremely reasonable. Staff was extremely polite and friendly. Stayed on points so not sure about the rate. Close to outlet mall in Auburn and other shopping in south Seatle is also very close. Restraunt next door is also very good. Only problem found was that the floor was a little uneven by the door but other than that, it was excellent.

Stayed July 2007
1 Thank abroseabrose
California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2007

My husband booked a room with this hotel for eight nights to visit his family for the first time in four years. Since we were staying so long we needed a kitchette due to health issues we both have.

Upon arrival our room was so small there was barely room to walk around the bed. The TV wasn't working. AND there was no kitchette. We called to complain but they didn't have what we needed even though our reservation made our requests clear.

We were in the room about a half hour total and left the hotel to find accomidations that suited our needs.

Two days later a charge appeared on my Debit Card for EIGHT days. We contacted them and the General Manager assured us we would get a refund. It's now been about seven weeks and we still have no refund. They are now saying there will be no refund because we prepaid.

We NEVER prepaid. The charge went through two days after we left the hotel. We were charged eight days for a half hour in the room.

We travel a lot and will never ever use Holiday Inn again.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Being charged for not even staying there.
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't go there.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank Munchkinn
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2006

I spent a week at this hotel while traveling alone on business. Everything was fine and I didn't have any problems. The rooms in the main building are a little nicer and have easier access to the amenities from what I heard from other guests. The rooms were quiet and I had a great night's sleep. The beds weren't as soft as say Hampton Inn's Cloud Nine's, but they were clean and still comfortable. There were plenty of pillows of all sorts to choose from and the blankets were clean and soft. The room itself was very clean. The only problem with the room was that the desk was squished between the tv stand and the wall and I couldn't get the chairs out to actually use them. But, with a wireless connection (that actually worked!) I was able to just work on the bed and didn't really mind. The breakfast was nice--the usual hard-boiled eggs, cereal, yogurt, pastries, bagels, fruit--but also featured the make-your-own waffles that are always great and fresh biscuits and sausage gravy that was yummy, although bad for your diet. There was quite a bit of room to sit in the breakfast area, at least at 7:00 am every day. The fitness center was easy to get to and had nice equipment--two treadmills, two stair-steppers, a bike and some sort of weight thing (I don't ever mess with those, so I don't know what it was). My room had a small refrigerator and a microwave, both of which worked. There were even two complimentary waters inside the fridge, which is great when you've been on a plane all day and don't feel like going out searching for some. The staff was very friendly and polite. The restaraunt next door was very good. There's a covered walkway between it and the hotel so you don't get drenched in the Seattle rain going over. The waitresses were very friendly and there was a varied menu. I ended up eating there 3 times and had something completely different that was good every time. Our company uses this same hotel anytime anyone visits the office and I have heard some complaints, but they were all people that stayed in the outer buildings and all were, frankly, picky people that are never happy with anything anyway. I will gladly stay in the same hotel next year when I return for a visit to our office here.

• Liked — Safe and clean
  • Disliked — Desk was too small and hard to access
  • Tips/Secrets — bring a lap desk if you've got a lot of work to do
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank InventoryGirl
Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2006

I should have known better. I contacted the front desk to confirm reservations and they immediately told me we were all set. The response was so fast that there was no way she could have looked it up. When we arrived, our reservation was completely screwed up. Billing info was wrong along with a host of other issues. The Manager was rude and appeared that his job was getting in the way of his social life. Pay the extra couple of bucks and stay somewhere else. A business trip/vacation can be challenging enough without having to deal with a hotel's incompetence.

Stayed September 2006
2 Thank 43Fan
Kennewick, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2006

The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites in Kent, Washington, is an easy place to get to and stay. Nice, helpful staff, a great selection for the complimentary breakfast, decent rates. We blew a tire on our trip to Kent and needed the directions to the nearest tire dealer. The front desk provided directions but didn't know the store's hours, so I was directed to the lobby computer, which guests can use free of charge.

Beds were a bit hard, but for the rate and service, you can't expect them to feel like your own at home. I'd definitely stay again.

2 Thank sleigh
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2006

Room OK
Front desk staff couldn't enable our phone for long distance.
Front desk manager who appeared later in the day was rude and charged us for calls we didn't make.
A very nasty experience.
"feed back" on ichotels www site brought no response other than "its up to the Hotel".
No protection from a brand name despite loyalty club membership.

• Stayed May 2006
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
Comfort Inn and Suites Kent
Ramada Seatac Airport
#20 of 34 in SeaTac
3.0 of 5 bubbles 1,552 reviews
Sleep Inn SeaTac Airport

Been to Ramada Kent Seattle Area? Share your experiences!