“Great rooms and great people”

Ramada Kent Seattle Area
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Kent
Yakima, Washington
“Great rooms and great people”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Our room was clean with a comfortable bed and nice amenities. The staff were warm and welcoming. We got lost in Seattle and called the manager for instructions back to the hotel. He stayed late to ensure we had arrived back at the hotel before going home for the night. I highly recommend this hotel. A great breakfast was also included.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Turkish first
Spanish Fork, Utah
Reviewed April 12, 2012

From a quick glance, the facility looks nice. And the staff was very friendly and I enjoyed the breakfast. But in my room I suffered from noise (a squeaky ceiling when someone walked), an uneven floor (felt like carpet padding was missing in places) and the faucet leaked from the handle when I turned it on. And I don't know what was up with the bed, but I tossed and turned all night. I would not return to this location.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Dallas C
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Kent Seattle Area, responded to this review, May 28, 2012
Dear Dallas C,

Thank you for your recent stay, and providing feedback. I'm sorry you received accommodations that were less than satisfactory, but pleased the staff was a highlight of your stay. We are always looking to be the best we can be, and the feedback we receive will help us to accomplish this. We hope to have the honor of serving you again in the future.

Ben J
Case Manager
IHG Care
Maryville, Tennessee
Reviewed April 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a night while I was in Kent for business. This is pretty standard fare for a Holiday Inn. The rooms are clean and everything seemed new. I'm not sure what the other reviewers are talking about the rooms being smoking and outside access. Our room was a non-smoking room and was accessed by going through the front doors of the building passed the lobby.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed February 29, 2012

The hotel consists of a main building with room access from indoor hallways but it also has two 'external' buildings with access from the outside similar to what you see at motels. The large building houses the front desk, staff, exercise room, breakfast dining area and business computers (with printers). If you end up in one of the two external buildings, you have to walk outside to the main building to access these services. One of the external buildings doesn't have a covered walkway to the main building, so if it's raining, you're going to get wet. I stayed once in the main building and it was nice and convenient. I stayed once in one of the external buildings and my dust allergies flared up because the room was dusty and when I went for breakfast, I had to walk in the cold and rain to the main building. That stay wasn't so nice. The breakfast wasn't very good either.

Room Tip: Stay in the main building if the weather is bad and you plan to eat breakfast or use the exercise ro...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Kent Seattle Area, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
lovemuseums,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We’re sorry that your accommodations were less-than-satisfactory. It is IHG's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ben J
IHG Care
Seattle
Reviewed December 26, 2011

I booked 4 rooms here to handle my annual work inventory and wanted everyone to be close to our office. I visited with the manager and made special arrangements based on my past great experience at HI properties, but I did not look at the rooms "assuming" the best. Unfortunately I should have checked things out further. While the staff were great and helpful, I found the whole property to be dated and actually had outside room doors, not seen at a HI for many years. I booked us all suites and mine smelled of what appeared to be cleaning fluid, one of my guest changed rooms because of the smell. The bedroom heater did not heat the main part of the suite due to poor circulation so cold on one side, hot on other. My deal included free breakfast and I counted on at least as good as a HIE, Wrong!
it was one of the worst hotel brekkys I have experienced. Eggs and sausage were dry, coffee poor and selection limited. We all ended up eating at Mitzels next door at our own expense.
To summarize, avoid this hotel, stay at one of the others close by. A nice new Hampton Inn just 10 min from this close to Boeing and a Starbucks would be a better choice even.

Room Tip: None, don't stay here.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I just completed one of my many stays at the Holiday Inn Kent, WA. The location is great, the proprty is quiet, clean and attractive but the best part of this hotel is the Staff, they go out of the way to make you feel welcome and to accomodate your needs. The Manager has done an excellent job with this team.
If you need a hotel close to the city and aiport and tired of the hotel mess around the airport I would stay at the Holiday Inn Kent!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank DMGTraveler90630
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 7, 2011

We booked nonsmoking room and they even made us sign that they would bill us $200 if we smoked in the room (which seemed odd) But as soon as the door opened to our room my wife and i turned to each other and said this is a smoking room (labeled as nonsmoking though.) Our son has severe asthma and can't handle it besides the fact we didn't want it. When I tried to call from hotel phone they didn't answer after 22 rings. So I used my cell and they picked up. They said they had no other rooms to offer and wouldn't refund us. My son's asthma of course was severely aggravated.

Then late that night some people tried to open the door with their key and when I opened it they were shocked. Their room key envelope had our room number on it.

The manager called the next day and said he would refund the money but when Hotels.com talked to me they said he only refunded 45% of what we paid Hotels.com. Hotels.com refused to refund more.

Besides these issues, this is clearly an old 1950's style, entrance to every room from the outside hotel that was taken over and "redone" But they didnt do a sufficient job converting the smoking rooms to nonsmoking. To do that properly you need to remove carpet, etc. That doesn't appear to have been done.

The walls and ceiling were thin--we could hear people on all sides walking and talking too. This hotel seemed to cater to 2nd rate bands--tour bus in the parking lot and interesting crowd coming and going.

I've stayed at other Holiday inn properties but this one was cut from a different cloth.
There's a Hampton we stayed at a week earlier which is about 2 miles closer to the airport on the same road, I'll stay there next time thank you--100% smoke free and built in 2010.

Room Tip: stay at hampton down the street 2 miles
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
Comfort Inn and Suites Kent
Best Western Plus Plaza By The Green
Red Lion Inn & Suites Kent Seattle Area
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Kent/Sea-Tac Airport
Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Kent
Ramada Seatac Airport
Ramada Seatac Airport
#19 of 34 in SeaTac

Been to Ramada Kent Seattle Area? Share your experiences!