“great hotel”

Best Western Plus Plaza By The Green
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Kent
Reviewed September 21, 2010

I picked this hotel because of the reviews and the price. Pricewise it was lower than most hotels of similar types. It was clean and the staff was very nice and helpful. Next time I will bring my golf clubs and try the course behind the hotel. It was located 20 minutes from downtown Seattle which was ok. Traffic was not bad. There was food and stores located nearby which was nice. I would stay there again for sure!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
PlazabytheGreen, General Manager at Best Western Plus Plaza By The Green, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2010

We consider feedback a gift and thank you for taking the time you took to share your experience with other travelers. Our team will continue to work hard to deliver a great experience and great value.

Reviewed September 16, 2010

I thought this hotel was just right for our stay. We had 2 rooms next to each other and it was very convient for us. I wish we could have had rooms with the golf course view. The golf course was beautiful by the way. The only thing that could have been better in my view was the breakfast selection, it was good if you like to eat "healthy", my husband and mom insisted they have meat with their morning meal. Other than that the staff was great and so was the location. Very close to all we needed

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience and for your kind words about our staff. I'm sorry to hear that we didn't meet everyone's needs for breakfast, but fortunately Shari's Restaurant is open 24 hours just a block away. We will consider offering meat at some point if we can do it well. Your feedback is important to us and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Reviewed September 13, 2010

-Not enough hotel owners are even close to the consciousness of customer service this morning staff has shown:
Had fairly serious lap top computer problems needing wired connection / phone access for remote access tech help.
-Once I made my needs known:
TOVA, Marissa and Andrew continuously never hesitated to immediately assist with every attempt to bring success to the table.
Beginning in the hotel room and ending in the guest computer room (with their cordless phone) every time I stepped into the lobby they made eye contact and took whatever action needed for success. Thanks Tova
-This was the icing on the cake today:
I have had past needs and received very good results.
My normal visits to this hotel have always been a cut above most all other hotels.
My husband stays here monthly and speaks very highly of the facility and staff.
Louise

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
PlazabytheGreen, General Manager at Best Western Plus Plaza By The Green, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2010

Louise, thank you so much for your kind words about our team. We are truly excited to know that you enjoyed your stay enough to take the time to post a review. I will be sure to pass this on to our great team.

Reviewed August 28, 2010

I ended up staying here for a very short night as a stopover to catch a flight from Seatac in the morning. The airport shuttle is great, it picked me up and were very friendly from the start and very accomodating! As a solo female traveller staying in a hotel on my own, they got me a room on the 2nd floor, and scheduled my shuttle departure the next morning and wake-up call before I even got to the hotel. Great accomodating staff, and very nice clean room! Next time I fly out from Seattle again I would definately stay here.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo

Our people are always working hard to deliver great service and I'm very pleased to read about your experience on Trip Advisor. Thank you for sharing and I will be sure to pass this on to our entire team. We look forward to serving you again the next time you are in the Seattle area.

Reviewed August 24, 2010

Staff (especially housekeeping) were very friendly. Nice amenities. Quirky location (sort of in a strip mall on a side street) but in back is a golf course so I really liked having a room on that side. The way it read when I booked it, I should have had a balcony room but it appeared every other room had a balcony and I didn't get one (only disappointment.) Clean and comfortable. BW seems to have stepped up from what I remember it used to be.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
PlazabytheGreen, General Manager at Best Western Plus Plaza By The Green, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2010

Your comments about our inn are appreciated. Thanks for staying with us and for sharing your opinion on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed August 23, 2010

This is my first stay in a Best Western hotel and I am impressed...

The hotel do not look great from the outside but the interior was great... They have a really nice and cosy lobby... And the hotel room was great. The aircon seems new.. the decor is really chic and business like... The bathroom was nice and clean... Really enjoyed my stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am pleased that you had a good experience and please do consider Best Western wherever you travel. Our housekeepers work hard to keep the facility clean and I will post this for them to see.

Reviewed August 13, 2010

I do a fair amount of business travel but have never stayed at a Best Western. After this 2-night stay, I will definitely try the chain elsewhere. The customer service, from reservation to check out, was better than I've had at Select Registry Inns. Here's one example: When I called for hotel's airport shuttle, it was temporarily busy, and the staff told me to get a taxi at their expense. As the taxi pulled up at the hotel, the desk clerk ran out and paid.

One downside is the hotel's location which is pretty far south of the action in Seattle.
However, the hotel will shuttle you to the light rail system, which is a great way to reach downtown. Another location positive: the hotel is adjacent to a beautiful golf course and river. Ask for a room with a view and enjoy the river trail.

The buffet breakfast was ordinary and not very healthy.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business

I'm so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at our Best Western. Our staff is working hard to meet or exceed your expectations and we hope to see you again soon. When I inspected the breakfast today I found some healthy choices like fresh blueberries, instant oatmeal, cereal and yogurt. We also offer some less healthy items like vanilla-malted waffles (my son prefers the "fake" maple syrup we serve over the real thing) and frittatas with ham & cheese.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
Kent Comfort Inn
Red Lion Inn & Suites Kent Seattle Area
Ramada Kent Seattle Area
TownePlace Suites Seattle Southcenter
Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle-Airport/28th Ave

Been to Best Western Plus Plaza By The Green? Share your experiences!