“I would definately recommend this one”

BEST WESTERN Plus Plaza by the Green
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Kent
Montreal
“I would definately recommend this one”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2008

I really enjoyed my 2 night stay at this hotel. The front desk was efficient and nice. The room was very nice and clean... however, the fridge made a lot of noise.. I had the AC on to cover the annoying noise to sleep (FYI:room 212- I know the manager reads these reviews). Also... a bit annoying that not enough electrical outlets available in the room. (we have laptops, cell phones to recharge at night...) Should consider multi-plugs. Breakfast was nice and room was clean.

• Liked — room decor
  • Disliked — noisy fridge
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank josee19963
PlazabytheGreen, Marketing and Sales Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Plaza by the Green, responded to this review, November 21, 2008
Good morning,

Thank you for reviewing Best Western Plaza by the Green. We appreciate any and all feedback for our continual efforts to improve our guests' lodging experience.

Our Maintenance is fixing the refridgerador as we speak.

We look forward to hosting you soon!

Mark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Aberdeen, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2008

I stayed at the Best Western since it was close to the SEA TAC airport and on the way to Fort Lewis. The photos and reviews made the hotel sound very nice. Instead, it was a fair hotel, but not worth the extra travel from the airport.

My reservation asked for an extra blanket and pillow for the room, and upon check-in, the clerk handed me the blanket and pillow, rather that offering to put it in my room (after she tried to convince me I would not need them.) I was already saddled with my own luggage! The room was cold so I needed the extra blanket.

The room was nice enough, and quiet. I did not get a room with a balcony or a view of the golf course, so all I saw was the parking lot. So much for the “on the green” aspect of the reservation.

Tuesday was a manager’s special night so there was some free beer, soda, water, cookies, and a vegetable tray. Nice enough, better than nothing, but not worth the extra advertizing. (And most of the food was gone ½ way through the time period.)

It was very disappointing that I could not use the hot tub/spa. The tub worked, but the room the tub was in was colder than outside the hotel, blowing air conditioning that could not be stopped. The front desk tried to help, but the thermometer was broken. I did not want to get sick. Was I the first person to mention this?

The exercise room was ok and well lit, but had no nautilus equipment or free weights.

Overall, stay here if you have to, there are food places you can walk to, but don’t go out of your way to stay here like I did thinking it was going to be something special. This is just your average two star hotel.

• Liked — Quiet room
  • Disliked — Hot Tub
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank JoVo19
PlazabytheGreen, Marketing and Sales Manager at BEST WESTERN Plus Plaza by the Green, responded to this review, November 12, 2008
Good morning,

I would like to apologize for your less than favorable experience at our hotel. I understand your concerns about food at the Manager reception, hot tub maintenance, and blankets/pillow not being in your room.

I have spoken to the Guest Services Manager, Maintenance Technician and General Manager to stress your disappointment and employ policies to prevent this from happening again.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do personally to change your impression/experience at our hotel.

My personal cell phone is 206.571.6824.

Best regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2008

We stayed here on our trip to Seattle because of other great reviews. The room was very, very nice and the staff was just super! They have a free shuttle to pick you up at the airport. If you need a ride back to the airport at an odd hour they will call a cab for you at the hotels expense. The breakfast was pretty good. Get a room with a view of the golf course, it's very quiet.

• Liked — It was very clean and quiet.
  • Disliked — The smoke detector went off one night because of some dust in the heater/air conditioner unit.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank potteryone
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2008

A pretty nice hotel within easy striking distance of the Seatac airport. A somewhat nicer location than the strip immediately south of the airport, but only a few minutes farther.

The rooms are nicely renovated but a little on the small side. Minor problems: the internet connection was slow and flaky, and footsteps from above were a little loud (but subsided by the time we went to sleep). We checked out to make our flight before we could sample the included breakfast.

I would stay here again unless I really needed to use the internet.

• Stayed August 2008
1 Thank Xman_7
California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2008

The facility itself is of good quality. Sheets, pillows, bed, bath room, TV are all great.

This place locates in a plaza that shares the same parking lot with other stores. One store is a bar. The bar is 10 steps away from one end of the hotel.

During Saturday night, the bar goers occupied the parking lot with cars equip with large speakers and play loud music. The bar goers went drunk and went crazy partying in the parking lot. It went on for hours and won't stop.

If you go to this place, don't stay on Friday or Saturday night. If you have to be there, don't let the hotel give you room number greater than 160, or 260. Any room above "x60" is located at the wing that is near the bar. You'd be better off getting a room with odd number (facing the green and not facing the parking lot).

I asked for a quiet room when I checked in at the front desk and I didn't get it.

Stayed August 2008
Good morning,

My name is Mark and I represent Best Western Plaza by the Green.

I wanted to apologize for the poor experience you had when you stayed at our hotel. I would like an opportunity to cange the impression you have of Plaza by the Green.

Please contact me at your convenience at 253.854.8767 or by Email at sales@plazabythegreen.com.

My best regards,
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2008

We were visiting relatives in Seattle and wanted a reasonably priced hotel with cancellable reservation in case our plans changed the day before. Found the BW Kent reviews and booked an $80 weekend AAA rate.

We were so glad we stayed! It was nice not to be staying right on a highway--quiet location even though our room was over the parking lot, restaurants and stores right there.

Front desk staff helpful and efficient both in and out. Fresh fruit on the desk for snack. Tea and coffee in the lobby as well as maker in the room. Computer terminals.

The room was clean and comfortable. Bed was comfortable. Husband liked it as much as the Airport Hilton we had stayed at upon arrival. This room was smaller, but who cares?

Breakfast had good selection.

When we returned to Seattle at the end of our trip, my husband wanted to go back to the BW, but the rate that night was $126, so we tried another motel near the airport--mistake. Stay here and drive to the airport in the morning or drop off your rental car and use their shuttle both ways!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Metwo3
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2008

Very impressive. Clean and quiet, and just the right location for us two ladies from NJ to do sightseeing of Seattle. Everyone was so friendly and courteous, and I just can't get over the sweet little lady the ran the breakfast bar. She kept up the area by cleaning and making sure everything was stocked. Kudos go for her!! Front desk ladies were very helpful and cheerful, although busy, but they took the time out for us with our questions. I would definetely stay there again.

• Liked — Close to Seatac airport and close to Seattle
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything that I disliked.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank babsrus
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
Comfort Inn and Suites Kent
Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Kent
BEST WESTERN Seattle Airport Hotel
Red Lion Inn & Suites
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Kent/Sea-Tac Airport
Ramada Kent Seattle Area

Been to BEST WESTERN Plus Plaza by the Green? Share your experiences!