“Definitely a Plus”

Best Western Plus Plaza By The Green
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Kent
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is what Best Western Plus ratings should strive for with friendly greeting on entry, baggage carts on each floor and great view of golf course from balcony. Updated TV and shower. Good online price, convenient to freeway and efficient, cheerful checkout added to the pleasure of the experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
PlazabytheGreen, General Manager at Best Western Plus Plaza By The Green, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for your kind words about our staff and our service. Our people are honored by your high rating and we appreciate the time you took to share your experience. Andrew Hutchison, General Manager

Reviewed July 11, 2013

The rooms were clean. The staff was outstanding. They went over and above. We had a shuttle available daily to take us to the light rail station at SeaTac Airport. The whole experience was a very positive one and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

I'm so glad to know that you had such a good experience at Plaza by the Green. Thank you for sharing the details with others and we look forward to seeing you again. Andrew Hutchison, General Manager

Reviewed July 10, 2013

As a business traveler I enjoyed the scenery of the golf course with mature trees and west setting sunset. Very clean, roomy, quiet with balcony and staff was very helpful. Away from traffic and hourly airport shuttle to SeaTac, although the hotel is located within a small shopping area the inside was a pleasant surprise.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for staying with us at Plaza by the Green! I'm pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and that the staff and cleanliness prompted you to write a review to help others decide where to stay when visiting our area. Andrew Hutchison, General Manager

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed the night before a very early flight to Europe and chose the location because the prices seemed decent to leave a car and get a shuttle to and from the airport. We will not leave the car again. The room itself was typical. Not dirty, but nothing special. Nice view if you want to look at a golf course. My car had clearly been hit by another car which was very disappointing. I recommend maybe wally park or somewhere you can be assured the car will be ok upon your return. It would have been worth the extra money. The van to the airport on the way out was full at the time we needed it so the hotel hired a driver. Our luggage fit and so did we but the vehicle was experiencing mechanical problems and we were actually worried we might not get to the airport in time... Little scary... The van was not working when we returned, but again they had hired a driver/van and we were picked up and returned in one piece. It did take almost 30 minutes for them to pick us up from the airport. I was glad I called before the baggage even came off the plane.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mishel777
PlazabytheGreen, General Manager at Best Western Plus Plaza By The Green, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

I'm so sorry to learn that something happened to your car in our lot while you were away. I can honestly say this is a rare occurrence. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. We do hope to see you again the next time you travel our way.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We picked this after we weren't able to book the Best Western closer to the airport for two nights. Our stay was nice and we would definitely consider staying there again. The room was perfect for the three adults, the staff was very friendly and helpful, and answered all of our questions about the best route to SeaTac.

While the breakfast wasn't amazing, it was better than other motels and I appreciated the helpfulness of the wait staff. The first morning we were there, it was quiet; the second, I honestly think that the entire population of Seattle was there. And people were impatient as the staff tried to accommodate them; but I think that the staff did amazingly to keep up with the crowd.

I would definitely stay there again as it is much quieter than the airport area and access is easy to to SeaTac. And my husband and son really appreciated the cookies and fruit!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the time you took to share your experience at Plaza by the Green! I'll use your words to encourage our breakfast team during this very busy season. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed here on our way home from a quick getaway that we had planned. The front desk staff are very friendly, efficient and helpful. They said hello or greated us each time we went by the desk. The room was spotlessly clean and had everything we could want. The rooms also have good soundproofing which is very nice. I know there were people in the unit beside us but we did not hear any noise at all. My husband did not like the pillow. He said it was very hard on his neck.

The only downside was the continental breakfast that left a lot to be desired. They were very busy but the staff seemed very surly. I saw that other tables had yogurt so I went up to get some. I could not find it and when I asked one of the wait staff. She was very abupt when she said "It's coming" I notice the same thing when one of the guest asked about orange juice. The omelettes that they serve are obviously prepackeged because they are all exactly the same size. They were not heated up at all. It seemed like they came straight out of the refrigerator, they were that cold. Ugh.

Overall except for the breakfast it was a good stay and we would certainly consider staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the gift of honest feedback about the breakfast experience to help us improve our service. We appreciate that you will consider staying with us again and we look forward to serving you. Thanks for taking the time to post a review about your experience. I'll share your remarks about the high level of cleanliness and friendliness with our team.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I would stay at this hotel again in a heartbeat! The front desk staff are very friendly and helpful to the extreme! I had never been to Kent before and they were very helpful with directions and even puked my daughter and I up from the Safeway when we got a bit stuck for finding our way back to the hotel. The rooms are very clean and well maintained. The breakfast served each morning was pleasant and more than I expected. Great value for the money. The shuttle to the airport was a huge help! Great Job!! My only complaint is that the air conditioner was noisy.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor just to be sure it was quiet. But I don't think that was a real co...