“Great service quality”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Kent
British Columbia
“Great service quality”
Reviewed June 3, 2008

This hotel sure knows what service quality means. The front desk staff were so friendly. The hotel is undergoing renovations, the front lobby is very attractive, and the room I had was quite nice. Unfortunately when I was there, the renovations hadn't reached the point of replacing the individual room air conditioning systems. I had to change rooms because the room remained too hot. But the staff were very nice about finding me another room.
I opted for the park and fly package. Although I had to depart before the complimentary breakfast was available, the front desk fellow brought me tea, fruit and muffins to the lobby. My only concern was that the shuttle early in the morning was already booked for my preferred time of departure, but everything worked out fine. It is something to inquire about in making reservations.

• Liked — level of service quality
  • Disliked — had to change rooms after settling in because air conditioning not working
  • Stayed May 2008
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
PlazabytheGreen, Marketing and Sales Manager at Best Western Plus Plaza By The Green, responded to this review, November 12, 2008
Good morning,

Thank you so much for the compliment. We truly appreciate the feedback as it helps in our continual improvement of creating a better lodging experience.

Our renovations are almost complete with the exception of a few minor details.

We hope you will stay with us next time you come to the area!

Warm regards,
Mark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Evansville IN
Reviewed May 19, 2008

Great BW near the airport. Perfect for a overnight stay.

Nothing fancy, but clean, attractive, nice view of the golf course, restaurants nearby (get a discount coupon from the front desk for the grill at the golf club). Booked through AAA - $62 per night.

A great deal!

• Liked — location, price, cleanliness
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed May 7, 2008

We just spent 5 nights at the Best Western Plaza by the Green and were bowled over by the level of service provided by each and every hotel staff person with whom we came into contact. Bowled Over.

We arrived at the hotel with little or no expectation of, well, anything (after all, it is a chain hotel in Kent), and soon realized what an exceptional property this is. Everyone has a Can-Do attitude, clearly takes pride in their work, and genuinely seem dedicated to making your stay enjoyable.

The hotel itself is very clean (and recently renovated), and we had a room with a balcony overlooking the golf course. There are restaurants nearby (although we did not eat at any of them), and the hotel's location is very close to Hwy 167, a main north/south artery in the area.

We will definitely stay at this hotel again, and have no problem recommending it to friends and family. The service is THAT amazing!!

• Liked — Service, hotel cleanliness, service...
  • Disliked — It's all good!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed April 29, 2008

Absolutely loved this hotel. Gave it a "4*# rating only because it's not a 5* resort. The hotel is only two offramps way from SEA-TAC so commuting for an early morning flight is no problem.

What I liked best about it was the friendliness of the staff, the size of the room, and the room(s) that face the Golf Course. Absolute quiet except for the hardly noticeable early morning bird calls. I stayed there midweek so guests were probably minimal compared to the weekend so I really didn't hear conversations in the hallway or doors slamming.

The lobby is well lit and clean. The rooms were exceptionally clean. As of the end of April 2008 the hotel is almost finishing off redoing the remainder of the renovations.

I really liked the firm bed and not too cushion-like pillows. Something that I'm used to already.

There is a Chinese restaurant next door, literally, but I did not try it. There is a burger place less than a 100 yards down the street. I didn't drive around the place so I really didn't see what other eateries were available

Breakfast at this BW is okay. Cereals, pastries, hard boiled eggs, and a variety of toasts. Nothing that you wont' find at other comprable hotels.

Overall it's a really good hotel although you will need your own personal transportation to get to the hotel (I'm not sure if this BW has a shuttle to/from the airport). I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I wanted to get away from the SEA-TAC traffic and noise.

• Liked — View of the golf course (knowing that it would be "quiet").
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with friends
Louisville, KY
Reviewed January 2, 2008

I've stayed here over the last few years, and apart from new clock radios they haven't updated the rooms in ages. The shuttle to the airport is very reliable even in poor weather.

• Liked — Cost
  • Disliked — Age of property
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
Washington
Reviewed December 19, 2007

I often stay in hotels to relax after a stressful week. This by far happened to be one of my favorite place. Met and exceeded my expectations. It's very clean, you could tell the minute you walk in the lobby. Loved the fresh, sweet smelling scent! Staff are friendly and helpful. It is conveniently located-- close to restaurants, Starbucks(I'm a coffee-drinker so I need to mention this LOL), gas stations, and other stores. Room was great, though it was next to the parking lot, it was still quiet for me. Breakfast was ok-- nice selection of healthy day starters. Best of all, I could check my emails anytime because I didn't have to pay for Internet...everything was worth it! I enjoyed my stay and will definitely keep this place in mind the next time I plan for another 'mini getaway'.

• Liked — VERY CLEAN
  • Disliked — NOTHING REALLY
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
Buckeye, Arizona
Reviewed October 9, 2007

We were very disappointed by our stay at the Plaza on the Green.
First there were billing problems upon checking in they said we hadn't paid and even with our reciept and confirmation, the clerk couldn't fix it. We got our room anyway and attempted several times during our 2 night stay to fix the problem until finally at check out a manager was able to straighten things out.
Our room had a small balcony overlooking the parking lot. This wasn't a problem until the nightclub sharing the same parking lot got going on Friday night.
The bed was just average and in need of updating. The work desk was coming apart where the leg attached to the table top. I was really, really worried it would collapse even with the weight of our lap top.
The room was clean and bath amennities were acceptable.

Tip:
There is a pretty decent chinese restaurant located next to the hotel.

• Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
3 Thank redheadedangel41
Good morning,

I wanted to apologize for your experience at our hotel in October of last year.

Our hotel has been renovated so the issue with the work station has been resolved. We have new Management at the Front Desk and billing/check in issues have been minimized. Noise in the parking lot has been reported to Police, Management and Ownership of the property.

If I can do anything to change your impression/experience at our hotel, please let me know. My personal cell phone is 206.571.6824.

My best regards,
Mark
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
Comfort Inn and Suites Kent
Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Kent
Red Lion Inn & Suites Kent Seattle Area
Best Western Seattle Airport Hotel
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Kent/Sea-Tac Airport
Ramada Kent Seattle Area

Been to Best Western Plus Plaza By The Green? Share your experiences!