Best Western Plus Plaza By The Green
TripAdvisor
$81
$72
Hotwire.com
All reviewsgolf coursecookieschinese restaurantshari's restaurantparking lotbreakfast roomseatac airportpark and flygreat place to staykent stationvery nice hotelseattle areafree shuttlequiet locationwafflessea tacwould stay here again
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stayed here during a recent vacation. It's in an odd spot (strip mall) but close to ShoWare Center and was very nice. Great service by everyone. Ask for a room with a golf course view (223 is an excellent choice because it also has a balcony). Free breakfast to get the day started and the lady working there was very efficient to keep everything going. We left for a few days and then changed reservations we had at another place upon our return because this was so nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the golf course
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
PlazabytheGreen, General Manager at Best Western Plus Plaza By The Green, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for the time you took to write a review after staying with us at Plaza by the Green.
I'm pleased to know that your stay was great and we thank you for the strong rating. We look forward to serving you again the next time you are in our area.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stayed here to go to ShoWare Center and also to visit Seattle. The room was clean and comfortable, with plenty of hot water and water pressure, and with a good-sized TV, an iron and board, a hair dryer, an alarm clock radio, and a little balcony looking out at the golf course. There's an adequate free breakfast. There's free wifi, as well as a computer room with two computers and a printer. There's a well-appointed lobby, with good coffee available all day long. The staff is very friendly and helpful.
The best thing was that they offered free shuttle bus service, on call from early morning until late evening, to and from the airport, the light rail station and ShoWare Center.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for choosing Plaza by the Green and for posting a review about your experience. Thanks also for visiting the Seattle area for this event at ShoWare Center. Your feedback means a lot to us and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

My friend and I stayed here for a multiple day event happening at the Sho Ware Center. Since we didn't have a rental car, the hotel shuttled us to and fro, pretty much on demand. Once even stopping at Safeway en route so we could pick up food items for the room refrigerator. I'd say that was beyond the call of duty. :) I had read the reviews and expected quality hospitality, and that's certainly what we got. We ended up in a large and very nice room overlooking the golf course and on the second floor. Very quiet and clean. We liked the prints on the walls and the rest of the decor - tasteful and subdued. Bathroom was very nice with granite vanity. As previously mentioned, there was a refrigerator (quiet), and a coffee-maker. The beds were very comfortable. The heating/cooling unit was a little noisy for me, but I just turned it off. Complimentary breakfast was supplied - the usual make your own waffles, juices, warming tray omelets, sausage, hard boiled eggs, various breads, such as bagels and wheat bread, etc., cereals (hot and cold), yogurt, fruit. The lobby is very nice and overlooks the golf course. There is a good Chinese restaurant next door, and Shari's 24 hour family restaurant a little bit farther. All in all, we were very happy with our stay here at this Best Western.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the golf course - quieter and with much nicer views.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank SkateSand

Thank you for staying with us during the event and for taking the time to write about your experience at Plaza by the Green. I'm very pleased to read that our people really made the difference in the service they delivered. We have a great team and I wil pass this on to encourage them.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Fine service. Clean, up-to-date rooms. Great amenities including airport shuttle and breakfast.
Don't be put off by the strip mall entry. One of the best values I have experience recently in the hospitality industry.

Room Tip: Ask for a golf course view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Thomas W
PlazabytheGreen, General Manager at Best Western Plus Plaza By The Green, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

One of our purposes of being in business is to be a good value for customers, vendors and team members, so your comment is very important to us. Thanks for choosing Plaza by the Green and I appreciate the time you took to share your experience with others.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel before. I was given a very nice modern King room on one side of the hotel. At that time I noticed a small corridor off.to one side of the lobby but thought nothing of it. Well, I found out during this stay. I booked a Queen room, expecting the same very nice modern room but I was very disappointed. When I was given my room, I was told it was down the corridor I mentioned above. This area of the hotel is NOT updated. The room was small and outdated. Luckily, I was staying only one night before flying out of Seatac. I booked my second stay through a third party, maybe that had something to do with the sub par accommodations. I will not stay here again. (I paid equal rates according to the room on both stays)

Room Tip: Make sure you know what you are paying for. Ask for the updated rooms!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Solo67_4

Thank you for choosing Plaza by the Green again for your recent stay. Please accept my apology for the fact that you felt let down with the single queen room compared to the king. Your feedback is valuable and I appreciate the time you spent to tell us why you will not return. Your advice to other travelers could possibly cause confusion, so the details of the 2008/2009 hotel upgrade follow.

All 97 rooms at Plaza by the Green were updated in 2008 with new paint, carpet, beds, bedding, light fixtures and curved shower rod with updated curtain. One difference between the king room and the single queen rooms is that the furniture in the king and double queen rooms was all replaced in 2008. Since it was and still is in good condition, furniture in the single queen rooms was not replaced. Bathrooms in the king and double queen rooms have nice, new vanities with a granite top. The bathrooms in the single queen rooms did not get the new granite counter top since the Corian countertops in that section of the building were also in good condition.

Many of our regular business travelers have a strong preference for the single queen rooms, but obviously they are not for you. Again, I'm sorry that you were disappointed and I do hope you will choose us again and reserve a king room.

Andrew Hutchison, General Manager