“A Pleasent Gem In The Seattle Metro Area”

Best Western Plus Plaza By The Green
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Kent
Tel Aviv, Israel
“A Pleasent Gem In The Seattle Metro Area”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I stayed at the hotel while visiting Seattle. A friend recommended it to me, and I saw the good reviews on Trip Advisor. I was placed at the second floor facing the parking lot. The room was very nice and clean, and I was treated to a surprise at the room. A small gift from the hotel with some snacks and an apple. The only problem with the room was that I heard the train horns. The following morning I asked reception to move, and she offered me a room on the other side of the hallway, facing a golf course. I took the room, but I noticed periodic squeaking in the room. I suspected that the smoke detector has a problem and told the receptionist my suspicions. Eventually she sent the maintenance person who saw the problem and replaced the batteries of the smoke detector and noise ceased.

Overall, my stay was very nice and I do recommend this hotel. The service was excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the golf course.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank dhz_tlv
PlazabytheGreen, General Manager at Best Western Plus Plaza By The Green, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Thanks so much for your review and we're glad that you found Plaza by the Green to be a gem! I am pleased to see that, even though you experienced problems, our team seemed to resolve the problems quickly resulting in excellent service. We appreciate the time you took to post a review about your experience and thank you for choosing Plaza by the Green.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Penticton, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed August 29, 2012

We stayed two nights in the middle of August while in the area for a concert and a ball game. The hotel was right in the middle of everything we needed and worked out perfectly for us. Sean at the front desk, who I believe is their Guest Services Manager, was welcoming upon arrival and gave us great insight into the area. The bathroom vanities are far superior to many hotels we've stayed at in the past, and the exhaust fan is a nice touch. Overall we had a great stay, and we would certainly come back when visiting the SeaTac area in the future.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank TimH891
Thank you for writing a review to share your weekend experience. I'm pleased to know that your time at Plaza by the Green was enjoyable. Thanks to Shawn for leading the team at the front desk; he is a great model for customer service and we appreciate him. Please think of us again for your next trip to the Seattle area.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Last weekend we went down to Auburn, WA for the horse races at Emerald Downs. We chose to stay overnight at the Best Western Plus Plaza in Kent, WA instead of the Best Western in Auburn, WA after reading the reviews on tripadvisor. It was a great decision on so many counts, but particularly because of the staff. Every person who worked at the hotel whom my husband and I encountered was pleasant, genuine and extremely helpful. I can't emphasize enough how delightful it was to stay someplace where everyone was so customer oriented. The hotel itself was clean, modern and comfortable. I would have preferred a firmer bed. If that is available upon request at check-in it's worth noting, but otherwise there was nothing to complain about. The A/C in the room was so quiet! A real treat. The coffee machine in the lobby that provides fresh, individual, brewed cups of coffee was a lovely surprise. A room facing the golf course, with chirping birds in the tree outside the balcony also was a cheerful and lovely surprise. Lots of great walking areas for those who like the outdoors. Close to malls, restaurants and the race track.

Room Tip: high floor - view of golf course; no feathery visitors asking for seeds golf course side - very qui...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lynnhoops
I'm very proud of the people on our team that served you, adding to your experience. I'll be sure to thank them and pass along your comments to encourage their efforts. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your experience at Plaza by the Green.
Davis
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I read many of the reviews on Trip Advisor before deciding to stay here. I was prepared for the location in the parking lot, in fact, it helped me locate the hotel and it was handy having a 24-hour restaurant in the same shopping center. The hotel lobby is much nicer than the guest rooms, at least the room we stayed in. We were on the second floor overlooking the golf course (which is much better than overlooking the parking lot). When I first got to my room, I wanted to check out of the hotel, it seemed dirty and old...and it is old and in need of renovation. The room seemed very dark and depressing, although the window overlooking the golf course helped. I think it was the dark gray carpet that made the room very dark, and the carpet also showed the dust. Although I saw housekeeping vacuuming every day, they didn't get the areas next to the wall clean which were white with dust. But the bathroom was clean, as were the sheets.
The bed was soft and squishy and not very comfortable. The air conditioner was noisy, but it worked well and kept the room cool. Unfortunately, something was wrong with our tv or cable, as the tv would automatically go off or change channels for no reason. This happened all four nights we were there. The breakfast room was very crowded and offered the usual Best Western items, nothing special. On the weekend, the breakfast area was open the same hours as during the week which didn't work with our schedule. However, free coffee and tea were available 24/7.
During our entire stay, no one at the front desk ever said "hello" or even looked up when we passed by. The housekeeping staff were very friendly though, and the front desk staff could take some lessons from them. Would I stay there again? Good question, but probably not.

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room overlooking the golf course, more quiet and bright.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank princesspanda56
PlazabytheGreen, General Manager at Best Western Plus Plaza By The Green, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you for the time you have invested to write a review about your experience at Plaza by the Green. We appreciate the research you did and I apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I will encourage our housekeepers with your comments about their friendliness and the cleanliness you mentioned. Your specific feedback about the front desk is very helpful and we will use it to coach our team there. Thanks for the gift of feedback and I hope that you will decide to stay with us again.
Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We have stayed at Best Western hotels all over the world but this one is set up differently. We really liked the lobby which was looked inviting and comfy. The room behind it which is usually the eating area in other Best Westerns is a meeting type room with a Keurig coffee maker (good idea) although all the coffee was extra bold which is too strong for my liking. The eating area was in a room of its own down the hall which is a really good idea because it is annoying sometimes having people walking through the hotel while you are eating. The hotels was exceptionally clean and the breakfast area was also very clean and it was well run with nothing running out. The breakfast had a very good selection of items. They even had a person cleaning up after you. The only sad thing about some Best Westerns is that they are not pet friendly. We travel several times a year with our dogs as we compete in flyball and we have to stay in La Quintas most often. Anyway this is a really nice hotel beside a golf course and there some pretty fat ducks waiting outside the patio doors for a handout which was a big hit with the kids. The beds were comfortable and we did appreciate that the air conditioning was already turned on when we arrived as it was a very hot day.

Room Tip: The second floor has the ice machine
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank smartcook
I'm so glad that you found Plaza by the Green to be clean and comfortable and our staff efficient! Thanks for choosing us and for writing a review about your experience.
Washington state
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I was not really impressed at first, i thought it was an average hotel in a shopping center parking lot. When I first checked in I had a small room, on ground floor, on the parking lot side of the hotel. I was traveling alone and prefer not to be on the ground floor. (this hotel is only 2 stories) I asked if I could be relocated and was given a wonderful room facing the golf course. It really changed my experience at the hotel. The staff was wonderful, very polite and helpful. If I have business in Kent, I will be sure to stay there again.

It happened to be hot in August this year and the a/c was working great. One feature I have not noticed on hotel wall a/c's before but this one was on quietly all the time, when it needed to cool down it didnt make a lot of noise, so it did not wake me up all night long...on off on off like other hotels.

They had a nice wine and cheese reception on Tuesday evening.

Room Tip: My recommendation would be to request a room facing the golf course when you make your reservation.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank wildcainwa
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your experience at Plaza by the Green. I'm pleased to know that we responded in a way that improved your stay. We look forward to serving you again the next time you visit our area.
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I've stayed at a number of Seattle area Best Westerns. This is by far the nicest. It is relatively small, exceedingly friendly, you feel like an important person, the location is on a golf course, the breakfast was very nice, and the room was excellent.

The only draw back I can think of is that the airporter bus to the airport runs only once an hour, on the hour, so you need to do some careful planning.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank AK_Steve_AK
PlazabytheGreen, General Manager at Best Western Plus Plaza By The Green, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
What a high compliment this is considering all the great Seattle area Best Westerns! Thank you so much for your review and for sharing your experience. I'll be sure to pass this on to our team to encourage their efforts.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kent
Comfort Inn and Suites Kent
Red Lion Inn & Suites Kent Seattle Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Seattle Kent
Best Western Seattle Airport Hotel
Ramada Kent Seattle Area
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Kent/Sea-Tac Airport

Been to Best Western Plus Plaza By The Green? Share your experiences!