“Good location and rooms”

Best Western Plus Kennewick Inn
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Kennewick
Reviewed October 15, 2006

We booked the room on our return trip homeward from Spokane after hearing some unfavorable reviews on the Kennewick La Quinta. We stayed at the Pasco Best Western on our way to Spokane and loved it so much we thought we couldn't go wrong with this Best Western. In my opinion it wasn't up to the Pasco standards but we still enjoyed our stay. It was everything I would expect from a Best Western hotel as we prefer to stay at this brand of hotel. Had a great location near shopping and restaurants. My only complaint was the long trips to your room as you had to enter through the main door or a back door that was far from any rooms as well.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank wvaligrl

Reviewed October 9, 2006

We stayed here for two nights out of a week long trip thru WA state. By booking our room in advance, at a non-refundable discount rate, we paid less than we have at many other hotels that are not even comparable in quality, cleanliness and comfort.

My husband enjoyed the suana and pool, while I found it convenient to update our travel plans in the business center. He had biscuits 'n' gravy, sausage and eggs for breakfast, my nephew had waffles with strawberries and whipped cream and I enjoyed gourmet coffee, yogurt and a selection of breads. The continental breakfast room was so cheery and lovely and since we had other friends and relatives staying in the motel for a family wedding, it gave us another opportunity to visit.

I can truly say the rooms were very large and comfortable, immaculate and QUIET ... something I appreciate most in a hotel room.

This motel is a GREAT place to stay. Staff are friendly, the value can't be beat, the location is convenient to the interstate and everything in the tri-cities area. If I return to tri-cities, I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else!

South Carolina Traveler

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
1  Thank LoveQuiltingandYoga
Reviewed September 22, 2006

We stayed here for two nights and found it very nice. My husband was there to play golf and the course was just about a half mile away. I liked the location as I could just walk across a parking lot into Walmart.

The beds were comfortable and the place was very clean. The continental breakfast was good. There were scrambled eggs, bacon, waffles, etc. Even strawberries and whipped cream for the waffles. Great cookies each evening.

I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2006

This hotel is OK but not fantastic. Our room was near the pool and there were a lot of kids running and screaming in the hall. The beds were pretty hard. We didn't try the breakfast, but the cookies were always gone. We found a few gigantic cobwebs in the room.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2006

This was my first stay at this Best Western. I travel extensively throughout the Northwest so making comparisons with other similar properties is pretty easy.

Quite frankly I'm not sure why there are so many high ratings. I thought the property was simply ok. Average sized room and amenities - something I would expect from a Best Western but not anything out of the ordinary. I did notice that a piece of furniture that used to be adjacent to the TV cabinet was missing which gave me little surface space to put my belongings. I thought most motels have eliminated dispensers for soap and shampoo in the shower/bathtup but not this motel. And plastic or paper cups don't impress me much.

The front desk staff was very courteous and helpful and the breakfast buffet was higher quality than most. Coffee provided in the lounge at evening cookie time was cold.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed July 11, 2006

This Best Western location was very nice and clean. The location is very good for those wanting to do some wine tasting. The room was a decent size, included wireless internet (they'll get you a card if you need one), and a refrigerator. An indoor pool is there too and can be used 24hrs. Included in the rate ($70/night, we paid) is a free continental breakfast. This was not your ordinary continental breakfast though. They had eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, cereal, bagels, coffer, juice, and a belgian waffle maker, where you can make your own waffles. You will not have to go out to breakfast if you stay there! It is located next to a WalMart (ask for a room not looking out into their parking lot), Walreens, numerous gas stations, Subway, McDonalds, Burger King, and Fred Meyer a mile away. So if you need something, you will not have to go far to get it.

The front desk staff was very attentive and if you needed soemthing, they took care of it for you.

Our purpose in Kennewick was to do wine tasting at many of the local wineries in the Tri Cities area. It would take 15-20 minutes tops to get to most wineries. It was a good location at a fair price.

The only negatives we have are that the door requires some special pulling back and turning to get it open after you swipe the card. Once you master the "Jedi Door Trick", it gets easier, but can be a little frustrating at times. The first night our room was slighly hot and the a/c may have either been shut off (maybe turned on right before our check-in to save on energy costs) or set too low. It took a good 10 hours after check-in until the room was really cooled down. It wasn't unbearable by any means, but when its 100 outside, you want a nice cool room. Once we got it cool, it stayed cool for the 2 nights we were there. The positives FAR outweigh these negatives, but still should be noted and is what keeps me from giving it a 5-star review as we were still quite happy with our stay there.

If you're in the Tri Cities area, you can't go wrong with staying here.

• Stayed: July 2006
1  Thank supersdc
Reviewed May 7, 2006

My husband and I just stayed at the Best Western Kennewick, and were VERY pleased. It's well maintained, attractively decorated, with well equipped rooms having every amenity we needed (microwave, small fridge, hairdryer, shampoos, etc), comfortable beds, quiet room, and one of the best continental breakfasts we've had at a hotel. It included eggs and bacon, fruit, juices, a variety of breads, waffles, yogurts, fresh coffee, etc. The staff were pleasant and helpful. The only complaint I can think of would be an odor we noticed when we first arrived that permeated the upstairs hallway and our room. It was kind of a perfume type scent that we decided must be the cleaning spray the maids used earlier. It was a bit annoying but eventually disappeared. If a person were very sensitive to smells it could be an issue. Otherwise, we'd highly recommend this place, and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2006