“saggy bed, noisy location, medicore breakfast”

Best Western Plus Kennewick Inn
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Kennewick
Huntington Beach, California
“saggy bed, noisy location, medicore breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

on the plus side had fridge, microwave, coffee maker, xtra sink outside bathroom, and room was spacious. But bed was saggy, location noisy, and breakfast (though plentiful) was of inferior quality. (Were there cookies? News to us.)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
jimgibson7, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kennewick Inn, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you for your time to review our property. I am sorry you did not enjoyed your stay at my property. The bed in your room is only 3 years old but had come off the frame. I have also followed up with my breakfast staff to insure that if product does not get consume in a timely manner it is to be replaced.

Jim Gibson General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Tacoma, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

The hotel itself was what I expected. Nice rooms for the price. I travel a lot for work and normally stay at Best Western as I can count on clean and safe. I was awakened the first morning at 5 AM from the smell of food. The smell of the great free breakfast everyone raves about is sent permeating through the hotel. It was nauseating. I was in a room right above the kitchen. I asked to be moved and I was moved to the 3rd floor at the other end. Every morning of my stay, I was woke up at 5 AM from the smell of food. The smell is everywhere. I have never had this issue in my hundreds of hotel stays. Upon expressing my concerns to hotel staff I was laughed at me. So if you are troubled by this happening to you, stay someone else.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Traveleeer808
Skaterdad7, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kennewick Inn, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
First thing I would like to offer an apology for my staff member not responding in a professional manner to your concern. I would like also to apologize that you did not enjoy your stay.

Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

This hotel was nice. The breakfast was amazing, the pool and hot tub were great, but everything else was typical. The front desk employees were just ok, and the room was nice. What we didn't care for was the street noise! We live in the country and are not used to hearing traffic, the room we were in was located close to the VERY busy road. The second night we turned on the A/C fan to be able to sleep and it was much nicer. Our recommendation...stay here, but ask for a room on the left side nearest the pool area, that way maybe you won't hear the noise from the road.

Room Tip: Rooms on the side nearest the pool area may be quieter.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Skaterdad7, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kennewick Inn, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. We are striving to be the Best! for our guests and your comments will help us achieve that goal.

Medford, Oregon, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Yes I am fussy, and I was very happy to find my room to be very clean. We were greeted by a helpful front desk person who let us know that there would be freshly baked cookies available soon. The cookies were yummy, and so was the full buffet breakfast. Great job Best Western Plus Kennewick!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Katherine T
Greve in Chianti, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed here in April and then stayed again in June. Both times were excellent. The staff is wonderful, the breakfast in the morning is fantastic, and the rooms are very clean and very comfy. This is such a wonderful hotel. Kudos to the whole staff.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank terkel
West Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2012

Our family stayed here for one night on our way to Boise from Canada. Had to give it five stars based on overall impression, but keep in mind that I'm rating it based on the competing class of motel, not high-end hotels. Here are our notes:

- Staff was friendly and helpful.
- Rooms were nicely appointed and everything was very clean.
- Good mattresses and bedding, we slept well here.
- Best free motel/hotel breakfast we've ever seen. Not just hot/cold choices, but choices within choices. For example, waffles or pancakes with a variety of toppings (including fruit).
- Very good pool. It's a really nice room with lots of windows, and the shape of the pool allows laps and/or play.
- We'd like to see the carpet replaced (dark color and older appearing carpet detracts from room appearance).
- Ample parking.
- Convenient to shopping, Starbucks, etc. Great Mexican restaurant just down the street (Fiesta).
- Easy on/off if you are passing through Kennewick, but it's still an easy drive to the Mall if you want to go to that area, or to the river parks, etc.
- This isn't a view motel.

It's very clear that the staff here all try to create the best environment that they can for their customers - from reception to housekeeping.

This motel is on our A list for future travels. We understand there is also a highly rated Best Western Plus in Pasco, but we haven't tried it yet.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Yuma, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

Great hotel and bike friendly staff. Allowed to park bikes right on side walk near front door. Good value, nice room and hot breakfast. We would stay here again. Harley shop right down the road and Wal-Mart next door. Right off the highway.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank imdbh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennewick
Hampton Inn Kennewick at Southridge
Clover Island Inn Kennewick
Hilton Garden Inn Tri-Cities/Kennewick
La Quinta Inn & Suites Kennewick
Red Lion Inn & Suites Kennewick Convention Center
Best Western Plus Pasco Inn & Suites

Been to Best Western Plus Kennewick Inn? Share your experiences!