“"Nice and clean RV park"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kennewick
Columbia Sun RV Resort
Veneta, Oregon
“"Nice and clean RV park"”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I reserved our site prior to arriving and specifically chose the site by the play area. It was a good choice. My kids could play basketball, climb on the structure and play in the game room without us having to walk them to the area. The bathrooms were very nice. Family ones at that. The pool was wonderful! The hot tub sucked out all my remaining energy! We used this as a "half way" point on our vacation, both going and coming. After being in the truck all day the kids really enjoyed burning off some energy. The owners are very friendly and proud of the park. The have planted trees around the perimeter and are planning to plant some more. My only not glowing review would be lack of shade, and they are addressing that.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Impeccable facilities, wide, clean spaces with a nice strip of perfectly manicured grass. Absolutely the nicest and best maintained showers of any RV park we have ever stayed in. There are showers in the main facility at the entrance as well as showers at the far end, so the walk it easy no matter where you are. The pool and hot tub are both excellent. Store seemed well outfitted, but we just went in briefly for check-in.

We checked in after hours and had trouble getting the map turned in the right direction so we could find our space in the dark. We had just about found it when one of the attendants pulled up on his ATV because he had seen that we might be lost and offered directions. This was the after hours service! While we were only in town for an event and didn't spend more than a little time within the park it has extraordinary facilities for travelers both young and old. We often avoid RV parks because it isn't clear that kids are always welcome. The facilities available made it very clear that the park is open and welcomes all ages and this was the first nice RV park I've been in with full facilities for kids. There is a play structure, tennis/basketball court and game room all together at one end of the facility. All seemingly brand new and is fabulous condition.

Staff was wonderful on the phone. We came in late from a sport event (youth baseball tournament we were in town for) and I called ahead to let them know we would be in late and out early each day. They got us completely booked in and we never had to stop by the office beyond picking up our packet off the "late check in" board when we drove in.

If there is a negative it is that the highway is close enough that you can still hear cars. That really isn't a problem after dark as traffic declines to a level where there isn't much noise. You hear trucks from time to time, but not too bad, worth the convenience from the same highway, and certainly doesn't negatively impact my overall experience.

Room Tip: If you plan to use the pool, you might try to get a space in the center of the park. If you have ch...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We arrived late this afternoon after experiencing a problem with our 5th wheel earlier. Our first view of this park impressed us. It definitely lived up to all the reviews here...wide, level & long sites with lots of green grass between. Everything looked fresh & clean. Staff were most courteous, friendly & extremely helpful. After making sure we were checked in with all the necessary info everyone helped us find a store where we could get what was necessary to fix our 5th, including making several phone calls & giving us directions. This park had easy access from I-82 (exit 109) but was very quiet. The office included a store with supplies & gifts, the pool looked wonderful although we didn't use it, all facilities were very clean. We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

This fresh new RV park has all the ammenities with a few extra personal touches. Showers and bathrooms are impeccably clean and well kept. Pool and hottub are clean and maintained. Staff is helpful and courteous. Laundry facilities, game room, play area, and lits of wide open space makes this a perfect fit for families traveling with kids. A welcome, quiet, clean, nice quality park that truly is just a few minutes from any destination in the Tri Cities area.

• Stayed April 2014
Revelstoke
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

New, green, gigantic sites, super wide, in a rural setting. The friendliest managers we have met in a long while. Great gifts and supplies in the store, propane on site. Fast internet, we extended our stay twice, it was so lovely. A real resort destination. Highly recommended.

For overnight era, great pull thoughts, just off of interstate 82.

This resort has everything.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank zaza0807
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I would have loved to have given this place a try however I wasn't given the opportunity. I was in the process of making a reservation, when we got to the part about what kind of RV I had I told her I had a truck camper (just for the record my camper is 6 years old and in very good repair). To this she replied she would have to "ask the owner" and she said if it was allowed at all that I wouldn't be able to take it off the truck. When I asked her why she said that it was due to an agreement they had made with the county when they built because the county "didn't want it to look like a trailer park and neither do we" so I called Donna at the Benton county planning dept. She looked through the agreement said she couldn't find anything that would substantiate that claim. The next day I talked to the owner who after initially blaming it again on the county (until I told him I called the county) admitted that it was just a park rule (but still somehow tried to partially blame it on the county). I guess it boils down to the fact that they think truck campers are (A) not really RV's (B) are some kind of trash you buy if you can't afford a real RV and (C) are not meant to be taken off the truck. In reality my camper (A) is an RV with all the amenities of any other (B) cost way more per square foot than a trailer or a fifth wheel and (C) has 4 way electric jacks, stabilizer bars and is made to be taken off the truck when you get to your destination. I've owned truck campers since 1998, have been all over the U.S. and have NEVER ran across this before. Do yourself a favor and stay at Wine Country RV in Prosser or Horn Rapids RV in Richland if you want to avoid the snobbery.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Creg C
Madison, South Dakota
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We are currently staying at a new RV Resort in Kennewick, WA. It is a beautiful resort with 145 sites covering 25 acres, 87 of which are pull-thrus. Most of the sites are over 70' long with several over 100'. Lots of grass and first class amenities, including private showers and bathrooms at both ends of the park and each having laundry facilities and one a game room and the other an exercise room with first class equipment. A 3000 sq ft event center with multi-mrdia facilities and a warming kitchen. The WiFi is awesome with 100mbs down at the server.

Would highly recommend this park to anyone passing through the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple