“Great hotel and free continental breakfast”

Hilton Garden Inn Tri-Cities/Kennewick
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Kennewick
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great hotel and free continental breakfast”
Reviewed October 7, 2005

The hotel was top notch and when we left in the morning, the waitperson said the full hot breakfast was cooked to order and included many chilled items, rolls, etc. from the center serving table but you had to pay for it. The cold items on the SIDE table (yogurt, juice, limited fruit, cold cereal, toast and coffee) was their continental breakfast and was free. If I hadn't been told which table was which, I probably would have hit the center table and had to pay for it. Their signage needs improvement.

• Stayed September 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Beaverton, OR
Reviewed July 17, 2005

Everything at the hotel was great. We ordered room service which was excellent and delivered right away. We were on the 3rd floor and heard nothing at all, not even water from the other rooms. Breakfast was excellent and we saw nothing that led us to believe it was free. It was one of the nicest places we have ever stayed.

• Stayed July 2005
1 Thank msdj
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 22, 2005

The hotel is still very new and so it is in great condition and just beautiful. The room was very nice. I enjoyed having the coffee maker, refrigerator, microwave, and iron/ironing board. I could never get the internet access to work in my room though. There is a card on the desk that tells you what to do and if it is not working, it may require a code that you can get from the front desk. When I asked the front desk about it and told them my troubles, they were very uninterested in the problem and said there is no code and it works just fine. Well, obviously there was a problem and I finally took the phone cord and hooked it up that way to get VERY slow access. It almost wasn't worth it.

I didn't like the fact that there wasn't a free continental breakfast. I felt a little misleaded because there are signs in the elevator that say, join us for a full breakfast buffet or if you are in a hurry try our continental breakfast. I thought it would be no charge from that sign though it wasn't stated that and when I went down to try to get something on my way to my meeting I was informed that the continental breakfast was $6.00. The staff was none too friendly about this either.

Overall, the hotel was great. The service left a lot to be desired though.

• Stayed June 2005, traveled on business
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed January 7, 2005

I am generally a fan of Hilton Garden Inns so when I heard that they opened this hotel last week; I canceled my existing reservation and moved to this hotel. It is so new that the towels and sheets still had that "new linen smell." The service was outstanding. All the staff was very friendly and went out of their way to fulfill my needs. Some of the amenities are still not operational but will be in the near future, i.e. no airport shuttle service (the van is on order), pool was not opened, and exercise room was being worked on. However, as I am a Gold Hhonors member, I received a daily hot breakfast and they even packed it to go on my last day. The beds are very comfortable (Sealy). All of the rooms have microwave, fridge, and coffee maker. Each room has high speed internet access (not wireless). All in all it was a great stay. I will stay there again next week.

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business