“DON'T TRUST THEIR (877)STAY-HGI BOOKING SERVICE”

Hilton Garden Inn Tri-Cities/Kennewick
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Kennewick
Reviewed May 30, 2011

On the sixth night of a recent road trip through Northern California, Oregon and Washington we found ourselves stopping for the night in Kennewick, Washington. While an hour or two from the city we called the (877) STAY- HGI phone number that we thought would reserve a room that night at the Hilton Garden Inn. After speaking with a very nice lady we were told we had a room confirmed for the night. I even had her double check to make sure. WRONG !!. When we arrived at the facility we found that we had been double booked (not a problem) but they did not have the room requested and CONFIRMED for us. I will say the front desk person was very sorry for the mix up but it is not what you want to hear after hours on the road. The front desk person called numerous hotels in the city and was able, with a lot of luck, to find us a room in another facility for the night.

Room Tip: Call the facility directly or try your luck !
Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tourist058
MilesWilkins, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tri-Cities/Kennewick, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2011

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Kennewick. I apologize for the overbooking issue you faced when you arrived. I can assure you this is a rare occurrence. Unfortunately, there are times a guest decides not to check out during a time when the hotel is completely booked causing an oversell situation. I am sorry this occurred and hope you will give us an opportunity during your next visit to the Tri-Cities to show this was definitely an exception and not the rule at our property. We value our guests and strive to give the best customer service possible.

Jerry Beach

Reviewed May 25, 2011

I arrived near midnight to a line of people and a frantic desk clerk. Many guests extended their stay and the hotel was having to relocate people to another hotel. I waited over a 1/2 hour to check in. Not what you want that late at night. The desk clerk was doing his best to call cabs and other hotels for the relocated people. Knowing this situation was going to happen the hotel management should have had another person on staff to help handle the situation. Fotunately I have "status" with Hilton and I was not a relocated guest.

They did cover my breakfast for the wait.

The hotel is a little dated from some HGI's. Older standard format TV's, furnishings that appear to be from when the hotel originaly opened and are nearing a time for updating; but not in bad shape.

My room was huge with tall ceilings. I'm not sure if that is typical of all the rooms.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
MilesWilkins, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tri-Cities/Kennewick, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Tri-Cities/Kennewick, WA. I can assure you this was a rare occurrence for our hotel. I would like to invite you back to see that this situation is not normal for our hotel. With out guest comments we cannot improve our level of service so thank you again for informing us about your stay.

Hilton Garden Inn Tri-Cites/Kennewick WA

Reviewed April 25, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised to be the "Guest of the Day" & upgraded to a suite. It was a fantastic surprise. The front desk staff (Nicole specifically) was absolutely delightful, genuine conversation & very polite. The suite was on the 3rd floor so there was a different smell near the suite (rm 352). The room was pretty clean, the furniture seemed worn & the carpeting seemed like it needed a good steam clean. The bed was fantastic & the bathrooms were clean. The TV's were older but suitable. We do suggest the HGI to visiting friends & will continue to stay there ourselves & will also continue to post reviews. Thank U Kennewick HGI for being so great to us.

• Stayed: April 2011
MilesWilkins, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tri-Cities/Kennewick, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay here at the Hilton Garden Inn/Kennewick WA. We hope to have our new televisions installed this summer and you should come back and enjoy a movie on the larger flat panels.

Reviewed March 8, 2011

So I've had my fair share of Hilton Garden stays at various properties, so I came into this with high expectations. Unfortunately for us several college bball teams were staying there, which inevitably means a hotel full of immature and loud college athletes. PROS: front desk staff upon check in was very accommodating and helpful with our needs and concerns, changing our room several times after discovering noise issues. Breakfast guy is awesome, makes great egg dishes! Located near alot of retail and restaurants, and easy to find. And fantastic water pressure in shower! CONS: old and small tv for size of room...will I die without a flatscreen? no, but when all others have it why doesnt this one? WiFi signal could be spotty and inconsistent, though improved once in lobby. Walls, floors and ceilings are thin so we could hear all the stomping and voices.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank setiramm
MilesWilkins, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tri-Cities/Kennewick, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay. We are in the process of upgrading our old style televisions to new flat screens and hope to have this completed quickly. We hope to see you again the next time you travel to Kennewick, WA.

Reviewed January 29, 2011

I stayed at this hotel at the employye rate for Hilton. The staff was effiecent at check in the room was very well appointed, but not overwhelming. The bed was incredible. I would refer any family or friends to this hotel. I will be back again in March.

Great Stay.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
MilesWilkins, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tri-Cities/Kennewick, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at our hotel. We will see you again in March.

Reviewed January 14, 2011

Romantic weekend get-away, NOT! There was no hot water for showers...two nights in a row! Said they had the problem fixed but did not. Pool temperature was COLD so we couldn't even swim.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank willqh
MilesWilkins, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tri-Cities/Kennewick, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2011

Dear Guest,

I apologize your weekend getaway was not enjoyable. We have since had our hot water system repaired and checked for proper temperature. I would like to speak with you about the possibility of trying to book another weekend getaway.

509-735-4600

Reviewed April 4, 2010

I stayed at The Garden Inn on two separate occasions and it is average in many ways -- nothing extraordinarily great and nothing extraordinarily bad. The lobby area is attractive and the front staff is friendly. The free Wi-Fi worked very well. The rooms are reasonable clean (but not spotless). Two things about this hotel were not up to par. The first is that the bedspreads on both the beds had weird lumps all over them...reminded me of a mogul ski slope. I've attached pictures so you can see what I mean. I assume they laundered the bedspreads which caused the insulation in them to lump. As a result the beds looked strange and the comforters were thin. The second complaint I had was that the exercise room was exceptionally hot...like a sauna. The temperature was above 90 degrees on two occasions.

For the price the hotel is average. I didn't walk away feeling I'd been cheated, but neither did I think it was a good value. The breakfast buffet looked okay but was expensive. I ordered room service for three evening meals and wouldn't do so again. The food came within 20 minutes but was cold. I didn't eat breakfast at the hotel.

I would recommend this hotel because it wasn't bad. It suited my purposes as a business traveler sufficiently.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Sue H

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to comment of your stay at the Hilton Garden Inn/Kennewick. We have since looked into different ways of washing the bedspreads so they do not ball of like moguls. We appreciate your honest feed back.

Assistant General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennewick
Hampton Inn Kennewick at Southridge
Red Lion Inn & Suites Kennewick Convention Center
La Quinta Inn & Suites Kennewick
SpringHill Suites Kennewick Tri-Cities
Homewood Suites by Hilton Richland
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Kennewick / Tri-Cities

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tri-Cities/Kennewick? Share your experiences!