“Not as good as I remembered”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #94 of 238 Restaurants in Kennewick
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I have talked about going to Outback for awhile as neither one of us had been there in a number if years. We were surprised how expensive it was and they were short staffed when we first arrived. Good was ok, but the portion sizes seemed smaller than what I remembered. Not sure if we will be going back as it was just an expensive dinner for ok good.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

for the last two years.

Went with family last night for grand-daughter's b-day. Service was a good as possible given the venue (let's be clear that it's not fine dining, by any stretch) and the table of 12 the waitress had to deal with.

The last few times I've been with friends or family I've become increasingly disappointed. Tough steak (whether sirloin—which I appreciate is more chewy—or tenderloin). And, as if they didn't already use enough salt in the past, it seems to get worse by the visit. On the flip side, the salad was limp and tasteless ... I guess that's my bad for scraping the cheese mix (seriously?!) off. I used olive oil and pepper as a dressing.

My sense is that the food quality has degraded to the point the where they have no place else to hide other than over-seasoning. The exception? The Ahi platter used to be a fave as it came unseasoned because it should have its own flavor ... but now it's just flavorless.

I never thought I'd say this, but Sterling's (at Queensgate) has them beat. Went for MIL's birthday a few weeks back (her choice ... sure as hell not mine!) and I was pleasantly surprised. Wife had steak/lobster special (same price but much better than this Outback). I had the seafood steamer. Very good! Give them a try, instead. I'm not saying it's amazing there, but the food was better and the atmosphere much more pleasant than this Outback.

1  Thank SDH_2_8
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I went to Outback on 7/15/13, as we were getting ready to leave I decided I wanted to order a bownie togo. We had already paid and were at the front door so I asked one of the two hostess if she could take care of this for me. There was no one waiting to be seated. She informed me that if I wanted to order anything I needed to go back to our table and wait for our waitress or I needed to go to the" take out order" room and place my order there!! Seriously! Very POOR customer service! I decided just to leave because of the trouble it would of caused them to get my brownie to go!

1  Thank AandK3505
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I used to love eating here. But now the portions are small. Food less flavorful. Service is still great, but for the money, not worth it.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I had not been to Outback steakhouse for about a decade. It was that bad. But, we received a gift certificate and ventured there again.

The Bloomin Onion is a grease bomb- but you know that before you order, I mean, it's an onion thickly battered and then deep fried.

We also ordered the fish and chips- Very heavily battered with a salty batter. Somewhere in each deep fried batter lies a bit of fish. Three pieces on the plate with French fries that are dry and warmish.

We also ordered the lamb. It was tough and unappetizing.

We ordered a bottle of G3 Goose Ridge red blend available anywhere for $16. Outback charges $28.

Outback is a sort of greasy spoon joint that way over charges for poorly prepared food in an outdated ambiance.

1  Thank pinkpepper9