“Nice Place! Loved the Live Music”
Review of Grill on Gage - CLOSED

Grill on Gage
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: "The food is unbelievably fresh and, dare I say, perfectly prepared with an impressive and complementary selection of wine and micros. The environment is cool and trendy, yet friendly and intimate-fine dining in a bistro setting. Grill On Gage has a warm and sophisticated charm in a comfortable and friendly setting, and with live music every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday nights, it's a lively place to have dinner and appreciate the local art hanging by your table while diving into the inspired local music scene. Your destination for a guaranteed great night." review from one of our customers! Enjoy
Reviewed July 19, 2013

It was our first visit and well worth a repeat! We arrived around 7:45pm and they weren't busy There was a blues guitarist playing that was very good and was a nice compliment to the ambiance. It's not a big place, but we had plenty of room and were comfortable. Local art hung on the walls, which was a nice touch.

The smoked chicken salad was delightful - glazed walnuts, baby greens and a fried goat cheese croquette - delicious!! We had the prime rib and it too was WONDERFUL - smokey and tender! We asked for rare and they delivered - everything was very well prepared and tasty.

Our server was attentive right up until we were finished our meals, then disappeared. We waited 15 minutes to get our bill and finally had to ask the kitchen help to send out our server. We were full, but if we had wanted dessert it would've been a long wait. That was the sole disappointment. I would definitely return - the food was really very good!!!

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We've been there numerous times. Give it a try. Super folks and fairly inventive food. We've eaten their ribs as well as the wine themed dinners. The prices are fair and best of all it's local.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

We've just moved back to the Tri-Cities after being gone for 1.5 years; this is a lovely new restaurant for us. Driving into the parking lot and seeing the outside smoker was a very good sign. The four of us had prime rib, ribs, and scallops. All excellent except the two who had the prime rib said it was overly done. The service was very good, but overall, a bit slow. The quality of the food is phenomenal, in general, and one would think that the ambiance could be of a bit higher quality to match the food; but, if this is what the business needs to maintain a profit, I can live with it if they continue to serve excellent food. There was also live music that is a nice addition; I kind of just can't get over the laminate tables and cheap silverware. BUT, they serve breakfast and lunch and we definitely will go back to check out those menus. I encourage people to support this local restaurant.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

The cheeseburgers are fantastic!.. especially the bacon burgers. They have a "special" chicken & rice soup that is to die for also ut you cant get it all the time. The tomato basil is absolutely nasty though... When you order a burger (about $8.50) it comes with a bag of lays chips and 1 side... Extra bag of chips, or soup. It does not come with a drink. My husband works for pepsi and I know how increadibly cheep it is to "make" a fountain drink so it irritates me they dont include it. I think that price for a burger should include a drink!

I dont like the atmosphere at all though... You walk in and its like... Where is the counter? Who do I talk to? Unless the "hostess/waitress" knows your walking in you dont really know if your suppose to seat yourself or what is going on.

When you pay your transaction is done on an ipad... I dont like this. The waitress hovers and watches you. most times I have eaten here I have actually gotten it "to go" because my work was right next door. i walk in, pay the waitress as she is literally standing in the kitchen area.. It is uncomfortable and akward. Especially,when she asks if I want to pay a tip (5, 10 or 15 %) umm no... I am not having the greatest customer service standing 2 feet from your stove top while burgers are being flipped!

1  Thank Lil_miss_sweetness
Reviewed December 9, 2012

My husband and I stopped in for a Sunday brunch and were pleasantly surprised. I chose the Red Mountain Turkey sandwich and my husband had the Reuben. Both sandwiches were excellent, with freshly cooked meats and freshly prepared toppings. I selected potato salad for my side dish; it was easily the best I've ever had - restaurant or home-prepared. My husband enjoyed his tortilla soup as well.
The prices were reasonable, the service prompt, and the restaurant clean. As mentioned by other reviewers, both the owner and the chef stopped by our table to check on things. Turns out we know the chef, so I'm confident the barbecue will be outstanding too! We'll definitely be back, for both lunch and dinner!