“Excellent sushi!”

Sushiya
Ranked #14 of 237 Restaurants in Kennewick
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed June 27, 2014

My husband and I recently moved to this area and we're skeptic we could ever find a place we liked more than our hometown favorite but we did. This place is hands down amazing! We picked Sushiya from all the reviews we read and wow, the fish was very fresh and the flavors. We have since been 3 times within the 2 months we have been in the Tri-Cuties. I have had sushi all over the country and it rivals some high end spots. Happy we found this spot, service is great, prices are fair and food is amazing!

There are newer reviews for Sushiya

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Ate here on the suggestion of a friend. Definitely was not disappointed and are trying to figure out how to plan a trip back to eat here again. The service was very friendly, waiter helped us pick since we are new to sushi. The presentation was beautiful, almost too good to eat...until the first bite!

Reviewed June 1, 2014

I was in Kennewick on business and wanted to try a local Sushi place. I noticed Sushiya while searching for my hotel the previous day and made a note to try it. The place is cute, with small tables and a sushi bar. I was alone so I sat at the bar. I ordered spicy tuna roll, nigiri unagi and edamame. the edamame and nigiri eel were good but I did not like the spicy tuna. they make it with Sriracha hot sauce so it has that "garlic" taste and they add red food coloring so it looks funny. I know a lot of folks like spicy tuna made that way but I really prefer fresh tuna finely chopped with bird beak (thai) chili peppers very finely chopped with kewpie mayonnaise. Other wise, it was a pleasant meal.

1  Thank Melissa_H687
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Found this on Yelp, and was not disappointed. While it is in a strip mall, and not fancy, the special rolls we tried were all very good.

Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Have visited this place three times while traveling for business. What I love most is with the nigiri platters they actually let you choose what kind of fish you want. I've never seen a place that let's you pick what kind of fish you want. Usually the chef picks it for you and you get the standard, but here you can get all the great stuff like scallops etc... The prices here are great and the staff is very nice and courteous.