Clover Island Inn Kennewick
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Econo Lodge(Kennewick)
View Hotel
All reviewscrows nestcolumbia riverriver viewcable bridgefourth floorcoast guard stationroom was cleancontinental breakfasthot tubpool area isstay there againbiscuits and gravyfront desk staffwafflesthe tri citieshotel is locatedan older property
Reviewed December 1, 2008

We stay at the clover Island inn every summer when we go to tri-cities for the Jehovah's witness convention! They have always been really good to our organization and give us really fair rates! I've only stayed in a regular room but it was very adequate and comfy- like a typical hotel. but I hear hey have some really great rooms with views and even some suites with jacuzzi's that would be wonderful! The grounds are gorgeous and this hotel has the best location and views out of every hotel in the area! it's privately owned so it feels very homey! the staff has always been very nice and helpful! and accommodating! This past time we wanted to stay and extra day after the convention and they gave us the discounted rate again which was very nice of them! Also This past time when we were there the Kings men were playing a concert there in the parking lot they are the guys who sing "louie louie" from back in the day and that was kinda cool! It's more my mom's type music..LOL but it was cool none the less! They also have a GREAT breakfast in the morning and for free!!! with waffles and biscuits and gravy, one morning they even had french toast! They have a very nice out door swimming pool which came in very handy since it gets soo hot in the tri- cities! and also a hot tub! All in all our stay there each year has been very nice! And I bet the suites are amazing! but even if you just need an average room these were very nice! they had micro's mini fridge, and an iron and board, and a blow dryer which I made use each time I've stayed!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 19, 2008

We stayed in the Captain's Quarters. The room was nice, the view exceptional. You could lay in bed and watch the river flow by. There is huge bathroom (three sinks!) a two person jacuzzi and a small balcony accessible from the bedroom and living room area. This room rents for $350 a night but you still get styrofoam cups for your coffee? Unfortunately not very many rooms have a balcony to take advantage of the beautiful view of the Columbia River. Things are little worn at the hotel, that's a nice way of saying old. We enjoyed the pool but it was cloudy and the hottub was green with algae. (Yuck) They need to fire the grounds keeper. Are the owners taking a look once in awhile? They do have a supercharged continental breakfast included with your stay which included biscuits and gravy, waffles and hardboiled eggs. The staff is friendly. The have bikes that you can use to explore the trail along the river. Bring you fishing pole, they catch bass here right by the hotel. This is not a chain hotel and it is locally owned, I just wish it was something special. I would recommend the Hampton Inn in Richland which is also on the river.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank juliebug52
Reviewed February 25, 2006

This property is OLD! Yes, there are some good views, IF you can get a river side room, but the qulaity is is not the best.

I have attended meetings in this hotel and also stayed here for 3 nights, and am NOT impressed!

I strongly suggest seeking rooms at the Hampton Inn in Richland, about 7 miles away, and on the river. There are other hotels or motels better than this! :(

• Stayed: April 2002, traveled on business
5  Thank SoapinTrucker
Reviewed June 19, 2005

I planned my vacation at the Clover Island Inn Hotel for 2 nights on 6-16-05 and I had a really good time at the hotel, the view of the river was fantastic and having the swimming pool close to the river was awesome, plus the beds were pretty comfortable, since I'm also a train lover it was a treat getting to watch the trains go by on the swimming dock.

I feel that I've gotten my money's worth staying at the Clover Island Inn Hotel and the staff was generous and helpful with their customers, I highly recommend anybody who is looking for a nice hotel should check out Clover Island Inn in Kennewick, it's alot cheaper than some of the chain hotels and you get almost the same accessoraries as the more expensive hotels.

• Stayed: June 2005
3  Thank Darian80
Reviewed April 22, 2005

The room was clean. The view of the river nice. The train bridge and trains all night long with whistles blowing. We wore ear plugs.

As said before this is an old property. We made the mistake of booking a suite because it had a balcony. We were celebrating a special occasion. There are only two rooms with balconies.

Our lodging for two nights was $506 plus change. Well, this is not a classy hotel. The workers take their smoke breaks around the pool. We got in the hot tub and a couple workers were taking their smoke break and chatting away. It seemed a bit unsophisticated.

If you stay here, book a lower priced river view room. We're going to try somewhere else next time.

Pizza and beer at the Atomic Brewery is really good!

• Stayed: April 2005