“Very nice stay”

Clover Island Inn Kennewick
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Kennewick
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Nice big hotel with a great view of the Columbia River (for $10 extra). Nice people at reception, large clean room. Air conditioner worked great. Pool was packed so took advantage of the Crow's Nest restaurant, good food and great views again. Big hot breakfast in the morning, too. Only negative was pretty thin walls. Could hear the neighbors doing the dirty and then snoring.

Room Tip: Pay the extra money for a river view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Good place if you like being by water; the hotel is located on Clover Island between the Columbia River and a marina. The man-made island has a long bike/walking path with lots of plants, bird-watching and a pretty 'sail bridge' close to the hotel. The hotel itself is perfectly adequate for a couple nights. But when it comes to the reception desk, I've felt more welcome at convenience stores.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Mark B, Manager at Clover Island Inn Kennewick, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Hi Brenda,
Thanks for being a guest of ours the other day! I read every review, and take them seriously. I am sorry that you didn't feel welcome by our front desk staff. I will share your comments with our Front Office Manager and her staff. One thing that we really try to be is friendly.
Thanks again.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

From the shanty look of the weird wooden cribs on the outside of the concrete building, to the moronic 'slippery when wet' ceramic tile entry, to the aged carpets, and finally the backward-plumbed sink in the room that drains slower than molasses in January, this place is old and tired and it shows. TINIEST TVs I've ever seen in a hotel and the non-smoking room is perfumed with an overpowering cover up that smells like mom was trying to hide cigarettes or a worse odor from the in-laws in town unexpectedly. On-site restaurant but no room service, and not even a computer with printer for guest use or wi-fi!! Dumb to have an outdoor-only pool and hot tub overlooked by the entire section of riverside guest rooms too.

They need to pony up some serious capital for this place to even stay in business.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Heather F

Hi Heather,
Thank you for staying with us. I just wanted to clarify that we do have a business computer, with a printer, and free Wi-Fi. The wooden slats on the perimeter of the building are to cover the a/c units, and look nautical. The ' slippery when wet ' signs at our tiled entrance were recommended by our attorney. The T.V.s are 26" flat screen, wall mount. Yes, we are an older property, but we try our best to keep it clean, updated as we can, and a great value.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I know, I know, Kennewick isn't exactly a primary destination....Hawaii? Kennewick! .... Disneyland? No! Let's go to Kennewick this year! But I must say, kudos to management - the Clover Island Inn knows what they're doing and they do it right.

I had to work this past weekend and obviously something else had filled the usual hotels weeks in advance (I later learned there were baseball tournaments and a squaredance convention in town), but I'm glad because it forced me outside the city's core on Columbia Center Blvd and to the Clover Island Inn. Just think, 'controlled chaos' and follow that up with 'absolutely phenomenal staff'. Every person I encountered was above and beyond - totally! This is a great hotel that a family would have an absolute BLAST at - it has a big outdoor pool that overlooks the river with tons of seating and lounge area, and it's also pet-friendly!

Just watching people checking in with their kids and pets was an adventure! And here again, I commend the front desk staff (I so wish I could remember the woman's name who assisted me because she was amazing.) It was a very busy Friday evening with a nearly filled waiting room and yet when I stepped up to the counter, this woman was totally focused, efficient, and dealt with every query knowledgeably with what appeared to be sincere patience. (And remember, we're talking tons of kids, pet crates, and parents along with everyone else checking in!)

It's a beautiful setting and the nearby Columbia Park is gorgeous - acres and acres of shady areas, bike and walking trails, and room to just get off by oneself.

I was on the (top) fourth floor and the Crow's Nest restaurant was just steps down the hall so decided to partake - plus you get a discount just for being a guest. Again, the customer service was heartwarming - and the food was delicious! Prime rib and lobster was the special which my friend chose, and I ordered the seared Ahi tuna with new red potatoes and sauteed vegetables - just excellent. Watching the sun go down with the river glistening below, having some great chow and a tall glass of beer - what else can I say? Just wish I hadn't had to work the next day.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This is a decent hotel overall and for two nights it served our purpose. We had a suite on the top (4th) floor with a great view of the Columbia passing by, but there was no outside seating area for the room. It was a large room with separate bedroom and a huge bathroom with double sinks and separate shower from the tub. The shower had plenty of water pressure, but the shower head was way to low for me and I'm only 6' tall. The room was very clean and the sleep quality was fine, other than a lot of train whistles in the middle of the night. The hotel was pretty quiet other than the trains and I know it was full. The room amenities were fine.

The property could use some updating as others have commented on, but it's not in bad shape, just showing its age in places. I found the staff to be very helpful and pleasant. We ate dinner in the Crows Nest restaurant and it was excellent food and service. I probably will have no reason to return to the particular hotel, but if I did I would certainly consider it again and watch the "Columbia Roll On."

Room Tip: Any room with a view of the river.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Major12
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Had a fantastic 2 days at the Clover Island Inn in Kennewick...Dishes enjoyed in the Crows Nest were top 5 of all time (my band-mates and myself speak from experience of 2000+ restaurants in our travels). the Hotel is super-quiet with a warm nautical feel, Perks like free bicycles pool and exercise facilities are exemplary.The staff's hospitality is unmatched and Mark the Manager proudly monitors the pulse of the music scene and regularly creates events featuring local and international recording acts. A picturesque view of the Columbia river, cradled by it's beautifully lite cable bridges, offers an irresistible invitation to enjoy romantic and memorable walks along its paths...see you all there again soon!

Room Tip: maybe get one on the Colombia river side
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The view of the river was very nice and the place was clean. The outdoor pool and hot tub looked very nice but it was too chilly outside for my husband and I to try. Our 13 year old son enjoyed the pool. The hotel is very dated and it's sad because the location is awesome and they could have a gold mine there. The mattress and pillows were not comfortable. We stayed for two nights and I didn't have a very good sleep on either night. The continental breakfast didn't thrill me or my family. There's nothing wrong with the hotel, but if we come back for another baseball tournament, I'll choose a different hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure to request a river view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family