“Nice Hotel with great views of the Columbia River”

Clover Island Inn Kennewick
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Kennewick
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This is a decent hotel overall and for two nights it served our purpose. We had a suite on the top (4th) floor with a great view of the Columbia passing by, but there was no outside seating area for the room. It was a large room with separate bedroom and a huge bathroom with double sinks and separate shower from the tub. The shower had plenty of water pressure, but the shower head was way to low for me and I'm only 6' tall. The room was very clean and the sleep quality was fine, other than a lot of train whistles in the middle of the night. The hotel was pretty quiet other than the trains and I know it was full. The room amenities were fine.

The property could use some updating as others have commented on, but it's not in bad shape, just showing its age in places. I found the staff to be very helpful and pleasant. We ate dinner in the Crows Nest restaurant and it was excellent food and service. I probably will have no reason to return to the particular hotel, but if I did I would certainly consider it again and watch the "Columbia Roll On."

Room Tip: Any room with a view of the river.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Major12
There are newer reviews for Clover Island Inn Kennewick

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Had a fantastic 2 days at the Clover Island Inn in Kennewick...Dishes enjoyed in the Crows Nest were top 5 of all time (my band-mates and myself speak from experience of 2000+ restaurants in our travels). the Hotel is super-quiet with a warm nautical feel, Perks like free bicycles pool and exercise facilities are exemplary.The staff's hospitality is unmatched and Mark the Manager proudly monitors the pulse of the music scene and regularly creates events featuring local and international recording acts. A picturesque view of the Columbia river, cradled by it's beautifully lite cable bridges, offers an irresistible invitation to enjoy romantic and memorable walks along its paths...see you all there again soon!

Room Tip: maybe get one on the Colombia river side
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The view of the river was very nice and the place was clean. The outdoor pool and hot tub looked very nice but it was too chilly outside for my husband and I to try. Our 13 year old son enjoyed the pool. The hotel is very dated and it's sad because the location is awesome and they could have a gold mine there. The mattress and pillows were not comfortable. We stayed for two nights and I didn't have a very good sleep on either night. The continental breakfast didn't thrill me or my family. There's nothing wrong with the hotel, but if we come back for another baseball tournament, I'll choose a different hotel.

Room Tip: Make sure to request a river view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This is an amazing hotel. The views of the Columbia River were just fantastic. Staff very helpful and friendly. The continental breakfast was perfect. Fresh fruit, etc...very good variety. The Crow's Nest restaurant is also worth checking out. Excellent food, good prices and service.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 14, 2013

While its not new it offers a the amenities one could ask for.

While this Inn is not new (built in the 70's I think), its still a very nice place.

The staff is excellent. The room was clean and nicely appointed. We enjoyed the pool the complimentary breakfast, the bicycles, the shuttle.

We appreciated the two restaurants within in easy walk. All in all we enjoyed our visit to this facility. It was an excellent value too

They took good care of us.

Room Tip: If you're looking for new this isn't for you - but, as an independly owned and operated Inn...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We bought a package deal for the Untapped Blues and Brews Festival. Based on some of the reviews I was a little skeptical. However what I found was a well managed facility. The hotel may be older but the room was clean and nice. I recommend paying the extra $10 to get a River View and if possible try to get higher then the 2nd Floor because otherwise you look right into the pool area which takes a little bit of your privacy away but not too bad. The AC was quiet and worked great on a 97F day. The restaurant was excellent. We had dinner which was very good and a mother's day buffet which was absolutely excellent. Stay here if you want to maximize the value of your vacation. You will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Stay on River Side and on 3rd floor to maximize privacy from the pool
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank roy n
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I travel for my company and have stayed in all kinds of places. I heard about this place on the river. It was nice and quiet had a great view of the river. I was able to work from my desk and have an get some peace and quiet with good nights of sleep. No freeway right outside you room! Open your window and heard the river. The staff is great, the breakfasts from the 4th floor was a great start to my day. It has a vintage feel and they keep it up. I will stay there again and for a vacation I'll have to get a boat to check out the river and moore it at their dock! Again the staff are very accomodation and very nice people. Some persons wrote critical reviews but they were unfair in my opinion. See for yourself. It's a nice place to stay....

Room Tip: Stay on the low teen room numbers on the water side. FYI there is a ball room on the 4th floor and...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business