“UGH!!! Looks are definitely deceiving”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Kennewick
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Kennewick
Reviewed May 2, 2008

OH MY!! Where to begin...

RESERVATIONS: Didn't have any.

ARRIVAL: The front desk clerk was...well...uninterested that we were there. I didn't expect a brass band to welcome us, but a friendly greeting would have been nice. Though he wasn't rude, he acted like we were taking him away from something more important than his job.

ROOMS: There were 4 of us travelling and we had 2 rooms on the first floor. The rooms were a little on the small side, but that wasn't a big deal. My parents room was okay. However, my daughter and I were put in a room where the t.v. wasn't working properly, the door wouldn't lock and the air conditioner was VERY noisy after running for 5 minutes. Also, the room never cooled down. We were moved to another room where the toilet was unsteady and rocked when you sat on it. It also clogged after putting ONE piece of toilet paper in it. The phone was broken and ALL NIGHT LONG, all you could hear was an extremely loud rumbling sound. We couldn't tell where it was coming from and I didn't get to sleep until after 3:00 a.m. The sound kept waking me up the rest of the time.

The rooms need better sound proofing. I could hear the front desk phone ringing in both rooms we were in. I could also hear an alarm clock, t.v. and conversation from other rooms.

The beds were WEIRD!!! They were feather light, so every time you slightly touched the bed or laid/sat on it, the top mattress moved about 2 inches. I have NEVER slept in a bed like that. It was also very uncomfortable.

In both rooms, the top bed cover was DIRTY with dried "stuff" on it. GROSS!! The rooms were also not the cleanest.

PREMISES: Nice pool area & exercise room.

BREAKFAST: Since I never expect much from a free breakfast, Wingate's was fine. You can make your own waffles, they had sausage and powdered eggs, toast, bagels, pastries, oatmeal, cereal (served with room temperature milk...UGH!) coffee, tea and juice.

OVERALL IMPRESSION: The "uninterested" front desk clerk who checked us in rallied around. When he found out about the problems are first room had, he moved us to the new room without us even asking. I thought that was nice and he redeemed himself. :) I really wanted to complain about the 2nd room, but was too tired, so I left it alone. Besides, he also told me that his manager wouldn't want us to change rooms, but he felt he should. He said he hoped we hadn't messed up the beds because he didn't want housekeeping to do extra work. I thought that was interesting because I did notice the next day that housekeeping only replaced the towels that had OBVIOUSLY been used. This may not seem like a big deal, BUT when we were in our first room, we used a handtowel, but you couldn't tell by looking at it. Made me wonder if I was using a previous patron's towel.

This place may only be a year old, but our family agreed it wasn't in the best condition. It doesn't seem like it is being taken care of on the inside or out. Upon arrival, the place looks great, but once you are there, you start seeing the major flaws.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank 1happydisneygirl

Reviewed December 27, 2007

Wingate Inn in Kennewick is pretty nice, being fairly new,March 2007, and is about
70-100 per night. It has wired and wifi
internet ,so its good for business travelers.
The rooms are very nice but the perfume like cleaning products they use are a mistake and they should go to a less floral
and more Hotel like product. Motels are lousy in part because of the cheesy smells
that they have. This place is nice enough to be a Hotel and should smell like one.
Management take note.Overall a good place for the business traveller, a fair price would be no more than 75 and 68( no special event) would be about
right. This place is much nicer than the La Quinta or Best Western ,both are near by.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank trav3908
Reviewed December 19, 2007

We randomly chose the La Quinta from the 3 in this location but should have chosen one of the neighboring hotels instead. The pool was freezing, the place was old and more rundown than pictures showed, and the walls were paper thin. The staff was sweet however. We will definitely go to the Best Western next time we pass through.

Stayed: December 2006
1  Thank Lacey H
Reviewed December 5, 2007

I stayed there with my women's hockey team this December. They gave us an excellent group rate. We had an early game on Sunday morning so they called in the breakfast staff so we could have breakfast an hour earlier than scheduled! The pool was very warm and the hot tub perfect! The ladies on our team loved the complimentary apples, oranges and bananas. Overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank MKWeaver
Reviewed September 10, 2007

Hotel is located on the outskirts of Kennewick in a rather desolate strip mall area. Common areas of hotel are nice but undistinguished. Small exercise room. Shallow but nice pool and whirlpool. Room had all the amenities including free wi-fi and a mini fridge. Price point was good. Decor consisted of green and brown with stark white walls. For a newer property, the bed was terrible -- in fact, it was close to broken. Staff was friendly but oddly lacked knowledge of local restaurants and clubs. Not terrible, but you could probably do better.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank notkms
Reviewed August 13, 2007

You could stay somewhere else in Kennewick but it would be a poor idea. This place was brand new. The beds were good, the bathrooms were large, the television was incredible, and the breakfast was great. It's close to wineries, and close enough to the freeway.

Reviewed July 15, 2007

Very nice and clean. Helpful staff when called to book the room. Had the pool and hot tub all to ourselves. Nice size room and amenities. Very nice complementary breakfast included eggs and waffles. Would stay here again in a heart beat.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family