“Delightful!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Kennewick
Seattle, WA
“Delightful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2008

What a gem!! Traveling to Kennewick for the first time and was looking for a reasonably priced hotel. Found this one via the internet, looked okay, so took a chance. Glad I did!! This place is great! VERY clean, staff very friendly, great breakfast bar in the morning and great price. The room was huge - much bigger than many hotels at a higher price. Hotel was easy to find in the dark. This will always be my place to stay in Kennewick. Highly recommend to everyone.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
2 Thank teacher4life_8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Port Orchard, WA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2008

For the price this was a nice hotel! If they'd add a memory foam topper to the beds it would have been a terrific stay! The breakfast was also great with large portions of waffles w/strawberries and whip cream, biscuits & gravy, donuts, cereal, english muffin and whole fruit, apple & OJ. The rooms were LARGE, with a nice sitting area that had a fridge and micro and sink. There was also plenty of storage space. The rooms were also very clean. The halls though reeked of stale cigarrettes and you could hear people moving down the hall (though it was quiet at night). The wi-fi and a/c worked really well too.

• Liked — The large room and bkfst
  • Disliked — The very firm beds and smelly halls
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank KathyPortOrchard_WA
Sammamish, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2008

Three of my buddies and I go on a golfing trip every year -- from Canada to Florida. Have been for 30 years. This time we stayed in-state, and went to the Tri-Cities area. I was charged with making the arrangements. Did I luck out.
Read about all the hotels in the Tri-Cities which had golf packages. Checked all reviews of all hotels. Not only was the Guesthouse Int'l Inn in Kennewick, Washington, the least expensive, it is in my view, the best organized by the women running the operation, cleanest rooms and facilities, more than helpful personnel who went out of their way to accomodate us, great breakfast selections, and just plain overall a good place to stay. This is a hotel for people like us, business travelers, and all those who do not require a sumptuous swimming pool, fine dining, in house cocktail lounge, or glitz and glitter. This hotel is down home comfortable and OK with itself, and makes no apologies for being gracious to its guests.

We were guests for 4 days in June 2008, and my buddies feel the same. We will stay there again, the next time we schedule a golf trip to the area.

Cody, Rkwsemperfi@aol.com

• Liked — clean, confortable, nice personel, good breakfast
  • Disliked — There was no
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cody0333
Whidbey Island, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2007

We came here and had a GREAT experience! The rooms are spacious... an extra bonus nook with a swivel TV helped keep the kids occupied with early morning cartoons while we lounged our way out of bed. I can't believe the price! We got a military discount ($55) and had a great breakfast options: waffles, hot bisquets and gravy, yogurts, cereals, hard boiled eggs, muffins, pastries, bagels etc. I gave it five stars because you'd pay double the price at another hotel and get the same stuff. But this place was clean, quiet and comfortable. The staff was great too!

• Liked — The Price
  • Disliked — The deposit required
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank me3rd
Oregon Coast
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,616 helpful votes
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2007

My husband and I chose this motel based both on TripAdvisor reviews of motels in the Kennewick area, and on the Guesthouse Inns website.

We arrived here very, very late at night after many hours on the road to be greeted by a cheerful, friendly night clerk. When she noticed that we had been put in a room right next to the breakfast room, she immediately offered to move us upstairs, "away from other guests", since she knew we would want to sleep in. (She said she begins preparing the breakfast room at 5:00 a.m.)

Our room was quite spacious, with a nice cold fridge, micro and second sink in a "hospitality area" mini suite design. The motel is within easy walking distance of a 24-hour Albertson's store, which was handy at one o'clock in the morning!

The beds were comfortable without being outstanding, and the room was quiet. The breakfast was an extended Continental type: fresh baked goods, do-it-yourself waffles, fruit, juice, cereal. There is only one ice maker on the ground floor. They do allow pets for a charge of $10 per night.

The motel appeared to us to be an older one that had been renovated, and does not quite compare to a Phoenix Inn, for example. But everything is in good condition, although the blankets on the bed smelled a bit smokey, as did the air conditioner. Perhaps our room used to be smoking?

We paid $72 with AARP, however, if you can plan ahead and book through their website, the price drops to only about $60. These rooms are probably limited. But all in all, a decent place for a decent price.

• Liked — Friendly clerk, good breakfast
  • Disliked — Slight smokey smell
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank half-Brit
brea, ca.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2007

I've just returned from a four night stay at the Guesthouse Inn in Kennewick, Washington. I was pleasantly suprised with most aspects of my trip. I'd made my reservation online so check-in was prompt. My suite was spacious, with comfortable beds and plenty of pillows. A terrific self-serve breakfast was provided daily (I could easily become addicted to the Belgian waffles). As a woman traveling alone I am concerned with safety, but I felt secure at the Guesthouse Inn-- it was even quiet on New Year's Eve. Every staff person I encountered was courteous and welcoming. I'd reserved a nonsmoking room, I don't think I got one, and this was my only complaint. I have family in Kennewick and will not hesitate to revisit the Guesthouse Inn .

• Liked — large room
  • Disliked — smokey smell
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled solo
3 Thank frequentflyermombrea
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2004

As an Over-the-Road truck driver I have had occasion to stay in many hotels/motels across the nation. Never have I found a more friendly or efficiant staff. I have family in the Tri-Cities and lived here for over 20 years so I stay at the Clearwater Inn on my days off. I have always found staying here the best value in town.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member