The room was a great, ample size, although curtains were broken. Two big downsides, however:
1) The night manager apparently keeps her dog, Max, confined in a boarded up outdoor, kennel right on the property, right next to our room. And she did so while being out of town all Labor Day weekend. Dogs don't have much legal protection (all that's required is shelter, food and water), but poor Max didn't have water throughout the two days we were there and checked on him -- despite temperatures in the mid-90s. Not surprisingly, he barked a lot at night out of loneliness (dogs ARE social animals!) and boredom (they DO need exercise and mental stimulation). I had to call the front desk twice to express my concern for his welfare and hint that Animal Control could be called.
2) some maid supervisor with an inflated ego and no apparent customer service skills came to our door 5 minutes after checkout time (11:05 a.m.) on Labor Day, rapped loudly on our door with a metal ring, and announced brusquely that it was past checkout time. When my husband attempted to convey our dismay at her rudeness a few minutes later at the front desk during checkout, she was unapologetic.
We travel a lot, and we've never encountered a hotel or motel with such a rigid and discourteous adherence to checkout time. A hotel is not a military institution. It's there to provide rest, relaxation and hospitality to paying guests.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy all the comforts of home while leaving the most in your wallets. All Guesthouse rooms features spacious kitchenettes complete with a microwave, refrigerator, wet sink, coffeemaker and much more. We offer amenities no other hotel can beat like our fitness center and business center. Wake up to a full hot breakfast each and every morning to get your days started! Enjoy a clean comfortable room every time you stay! Guesthouse also offer affordable nightly, weekly & monthly rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your GuestHouse Suites Kennewick reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.