“Neglected Dog & Rude Staff”

GuestHouse Suites Kennewick
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Kennewick
Hood River, Oregon
“Neglected Dog & Rude Staff”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

The room was a great, ample size, although curtains were broken. Two big downsides, however:
1) The night manager apparently keeps her dog, Max, confined in a boarded up outdoor, kennel right on the property, right next to our room. And she did so while being out of town all Labor Day weekend. Dogs don't have much legal protection (all that's required is shelter, food and water), but poor Max didn't have water throughout the two days we were there and checked on him -- despite temperatures in the mid-90s. Not surprisingly, he barked a lot at night out of loneliness (dogs ARE social animals!) and boredom (they DO need exercise and mental stimulation). I had to call the front desk twice to express my concern for his welfare and hint that Animal Control could be called.
2) some maid supervisor with an inflated ego and no apparent customer service skills came to our door 5 minutes after checkout time (11:05 a.m.) on Labor Day, rapped loudly on our door with a metal ring, and announced brusquely that it was past checkout time. When my husband attempted to convey our dismay at her rudeness a few minutes later at the front desk during checkout, she was unapologetic.
We travel a lot, and we've never encountered a hotel or motel with such a rigid and discourteous adherence to checkout time. A hotel is not a military institution. It's there to provide rest, relaxation and hospitality to paying guests.

Room Tip: Stay away from the Northeast corner of the building, where they confine and neglect the poor dog who...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank carmenbuit
Debbie P, General Manager at GuestHouse Suites Kennewick, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feelings and concerns. Please accept my sincere apology that your stay was less than what you had hoped. Please feel free to contact me at guesthousekennewick@hotmail.com We do strive to make every guests experience a good one.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Nampa, Idaho
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was very impressed with the Manager Debbie Pierce. The weekend that my Husband & I was planning to stay at the Inn it was booked solid. We try to stay at the Guesthouse every year when we have our Jehovah"s Witness Convention in Kennewick. I have extreme allergies to smoking & pets, so it is very hard for me to stay in rooms that pets or smokers have been in. Debbie took the time out off her busy schedule to rearrange the room schedule to get me in a different room then the one planned. I greatly greatly appreciated her help, she went above & beyond to make our stay a enjoyable one. The staff there is also very friendly & helpful. I would definitely try to stay there again next year!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
I am so glad I was able to help you get the room of your choice! Also glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We will look forward to your return visit!
Burlington, Washington
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have stayed here on business for 3 nights a week for several weeks now and have stayed in three different rooms during that time. Each time each room was spacious, clean, quiet, and comfortable. The breakfast offerings are more than adequate with something to suit a variety of tastes. This property is well maintained and has very gracious staff. The location is very convenient and is probably no more than 15 minutes away from anywhere you want to go in the Tri-Cities. In addition, I feel safe staying here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank 1wraspir
Thank you for the compliment on our property. We love to make all our guests comfortable. We do appreciate our return guests!
MORENO VALLEY
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Very big suite with living area including couch and long wet bar. Separating wall make it hard to get AC into bedroom (it was in the high 90s when I was there). Uncomfortable bed, sheets didn't seem to fit, and really bad mattress pad. End table at bed is not at end of bed. Couch is located right in front of AC unit, and it blows directly on you. I finally rearranged the liv area, as I don't like to watch TV from the bed. Flat screen with lots of TV stations. Really solid WIFI. Well insulated walls as I never heard any noise from my neighbors (other than through the door when housekeepers were making noise in the hallways) even though I know the hotel was completely full for at least three days of nice day. Good location near lots of restaurants, grocery store, and about a mile from Columbia Park, good place to walk/run/bike.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
So glad you enjoyed your stay. We were completely full with a convention group that weekend.
Thank you for sharing your insight on the room. We hope you will stay again with us.
Central Texas
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We only stayed one night when passing through Kennewick. It was a very clean spacious room - more than we expected. The management was friendly and they had a nice breakfast. We also took advantage of the laundry room, a nice feature for travelers. Will stay there again, for sure. For the money, it was a good bargain.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DHRiley
Thank you for the gracious compliment, we will look forward to your return stay and please feel free to let us know how we can help you.
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Great service Good breakfast, cool drinks and warm cookies! Great rates and modern clean rooms not beat to death! No need to look elsewhere! Wish they had an elevator so my wife could visit me sometimes , but still a great place.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Mnmlowline
We are glad you had an enjoyable stay. We work hard to provide an enjoyable experience for each guest. We hope to see you next time you are in the area!
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

My stay was great, although I would've had a hard time finding it without my navigation.
Very large, clean room. Friendly young lady at the front desk which was great since i arrived very late. Complementary breakfast was nothing special.
I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for choosing GuestHouse Inn & Suites for your stay. We are glad our Front Desk made you feel at home and look forward to your next visit. I would be interested in your feed back regarding the Breakfast please email me at guesthousekennewick@hotmail.com.