“Not very happy this time”

GuestHouse Inn & Suites Kennewick / Tri-Cities
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Kennewick
Reviewed December 22, 2012

In the past when i have stayed here it was great. The staff was wonderful and very helpful. Tazzi and Becky both went out of their way to make my stay comfortable and had helped with what ever crisis i had. But the last couple of times have been very dissapointing. Before the dinning area was always open early and it was nice when I had to leave real early in the morning. Now it doesnt open until 6am and that makes me late for my meetings.. When I would come back to the hotel Becky and Tazzi always had a smile on their faces and were a delight to talk to. I dont get that friendly greeting any more from some of the newer staff members and that upsets me. The staff says there will be some changes in management. If this is true i will be very sad because my experiences in the past is why i would come back here every time.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Debbie P, General Manager at GuestHouse Inn & Suites Kennewick / Tri-Cities, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2015

Thank you for choosing the GuestHouse Inn & Suites for you stay! We are very excited that we were able to more than meet your needs. We will look forward to your return!

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed here while attending a wedding. Staff was wonderful. Rooms were clean and spacious. Breakfast was good with a lot of variety. Central location and easy to get anywhere you need to go. I would stay here again without any doubt.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Kent W
Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Good quality rooms for the price and the most comfortable bed of our recent 2 week trip. The paint job in the lobby is a bit odd, but get past that and it's a really decent place. Rooms are a bit older but ours had new appliances and was quite spacious.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I obtained a discounted rate for this location and was excited to stay here. The room was a suite! Good wireless, nice staff, great breakfast. The dog show was in town and nearly everyone on the floor was in possession of canines, but I barely heard any noise within the room. This was a positive stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank RoadTripToSFO
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Loved this GuestHouse Inn! For starters, one staff member was unbelievably accomodating. Doris, the check-in clerk, went way beyond the call of duty to make our stay perfect. Our room was clean as a whistle, with comfy new beds and spotless bedspreads. Breakfast was terrific, an extended continental. Our senior rate was so reasonable, especially compared to other Tri-City lodging spots. We were given a fond farewell by the day manager, Tazzi, who was professional and pleasant. Would never consider staying anywhere else in the Tri-Cities area.

Room Tip: Just ask for a quiet room. They will accomodate if humanly possible.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 204Christine_B
Reviewed June 27, 2012

This was the first time my wife and I have stayed here. Easy on/off access from the expressway. Our room was awesome. Living room separated from the sleep area for watching TV or reading at our leisure. The room was clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Located in a good spot close to restaurants and the staff was ready to help. I would recommend GuestHouse Inn & Suites for any business or family needing the best accommodations for an affordable price.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
1  Thank djdrwho
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We read a couple of Trip Advisor reviews and almost decided not to stay here, but we read a couple of others and decided to try it. First of all, we found a coupon in the Hotel Coupons.com book for $69, which was appealing! The coupon showed that all rooms had microwaves & refrigerators which was something we needed, and they provided a hot continental breakfast, Trip Advisor's reviews did not even begin to do justice to this establishment. The "room" was a two room suite - we had two queen beds and a lot of space in the sleeping area. The other area was a "kitchen" with microwave, refrigerator, table and chairs, and a sofa among other things. The bathroom was very large and the shower was great. The hot continental breakfast consisted of fresh fruit, juices, coffee, tea, cereal, sausage patties and precooked eggs to make an egg sandwich, waffles AND biscuits and gravy (very good), toast and bagel choices and whatever else one would want. The staff was great - I'd forgotten my razor and they provided me with one. The only drawback was we were on the 2nd floor and there was no elevator and had to carry our luggage up a flight of stairs which meant I had to do it because my husband had had shoulder surgery the week before our stay. I would stay there again in a heatbeat!

Room Tip: This is a small property and when we arrived there were only two room choices when we arrived.. We...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple