“The hotel was dirty”

Baymont Inn & Suites Tri-Cities/Kennewick WA
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Kennewick

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Graham
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The bed was VERY comfortable; the best I've slept on in my visit to Israel, Kenya, and Florida. There was no hot water initially. After I informed the front desk, they were willing to move us to a new room, which we didn't want to do. She did something with a wrench that gave us enough hot water to take a shower in the morning. Overall, it was a decent stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Lillian M, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Tri-Cities/Kennewick WA, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
I apologize that you had hot water issues. I had our plumber come and check things out and fix it and I hope that you will stay with the Baymont Inn & Suites in the future.
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I have stayed here many times over the years...even back when it was Laquinta. The place has steadily gone down hill over the years but this was crazy!!

They had a "Walk In Special" digital sign on the front of the building when I arived at the Baymont on a Wednesday and found the front door was completely roped off so I needed to go to the side door...no problem. Came in the side door and had to climb through all kinds of plastic and paper and under plastic draping from the wall to get to a manufactured side desk they had made. There I checked in and they gave keys that didn't work the first time. Wouldn't normally be a big deal but she put me on the top floor...no elevators by the way.
I used a debit card to check in so didn't know how much they had charged. I checked my bank balance 2 hours later and it said they had charged $99.99!!! Wow! This hotel has NEVER charged me over $75.00 and now days its not even worth $50.00!! I went to the front desk and asked about it it and the gal said "ya, it's because of the season." Season??? There is a New Laquinta and a very nice Best Western within walking distance from this MOTEL and they are at $109!!
Like I said, I have stayed here for years but I will never stay at this property again and I seriously doubt I will be using any of my Wyndham points either...not worth it!!!
Also, with a worn out bed that sags in the middle!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Boise
Reviewed March 6, 2013

The room was shabby, smelled slightly of urine and the bed not well made - extremely thin blanket (sheets only?) and no extra blankets

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family