Red Lion Inn & Suites Kennewick Convention Center
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Kennewick
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We stayed for a quick sleep before further travel so did not take advantage of any amenities other than shower, bed, and coffee. The place was clean and organized, with fluffy-enough towels. Heater worked and we could see the pool from our room. Ground floor room facing pool had sliding glass door that latch did not work on, but had a built-in aluminum stick thing to prevent intrusion.

Bed was fine and we would stay again. Priceline bid on the same day for a decent discount. Same price that was not accepted by lower quality hotels in Umatilla and Hermiston. Plenty more restaurants and shopping available near Red Lion in Kennewick. :-)

Room Tip: I guess in summer the pool area might be noisy, if you don't like that you might want to be loca...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Red Lion Inn & Suites Kennewick Convention Center

Reviewed May 13, 2014

A side note: Many years ago, I worked for Red Lion and have a special place in my heart for them.
Made reservations on line, one handicapped accesible room for three (my sister-in-law, my wife-who has special needs and myself) with 2 queen beds. We checked in and went to our room and found it to have a single king bed, I immediately phoned the front desk, who's first question was, "Have you sat on anything in the room?" To which I replied, "No." She then said she could send up a roll-away bed, to which I replied that I was sure that I had reserved a room with two queen beds, jokingly making a comment that I was afraid the three of us just wouldn't be comfortable on one bed. She informed me that My reservation was for the single King room. I decided not to belabor the point and politely asked if there was a double queen available (this being a Thursday night in mid May). She checked and said that they did have one available, at which time we went down to the lobby and transferred rooms. As I was walking away from the counter she said, "You need to check your reservations more carefully next time." I did not reply.
Our room was average, the only real complaint was that there were only two washcloths to go with the four bath towels and four hand towels.
One side note regarding the hanidcapped accessible king room we first went into, while it had grip bars, it only had a standard bath tub, which for my wife would not be usable. She needs a walk-in shower area.
Breakfast was good, especially the mini-cranberry scones, but the coffee was luke-warm.
The female manager on duty that morning was very pleasant and efficient.

Room Tip: double check your reservations!!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

This is honestly the best hotel I have stayed at in a long time
I am very very picky about the kind of hotel I stay in and this one leaves me with nothing bad to say
it is cheap and doesn't lack anything for that
I called ahead(after booking through a 3rd party) and asked for a room close to the pool and it was literally across the hall
you must stay here

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Kammie P
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Registration, check-in from online to in-person was seamless & staff were personable, friendly. Property is very clean. Our room was spotless and we checked for dust but found none. Snacks & beverages in foyer, as well as complimentary wine/snacks later, if you opted for that. Breakfast was hot, and good fare although eating area was rather small. Appreciated that snacks and drinks could be purchased in-hotel, as no nearby convenience store. All-in-all, a great stay, friendly/helpful staff, and great accommodations (bed was comfy!!).

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Sunny D, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Kennewick Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Glad you had a great experience with us. It is our upmost priority.

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Fast easy reservation, at check in was greeted by Sonia who was friendly and attentive to me. Frst I was early for my check in and then I had a last minute request for a ground floor room rather then just say no she found one that was available and made sure it had been cleaned (she actually went to room) before sending me down to it. She explained all about the breakfast in a.m and the Managers social nightly @ 5:30 which they include two (2) complimentary drinks each night you stay. Once I got to room I was again impressed as it was super clean and was very inviting with up to date decor. I had to go back up front and was again greeted friendly by Sonia and staff they were engaging in conversation with me and never once tried to blow me off. I can without hesitation highly recommend this property with an A+++ 5 stars 2 thumbs up rating.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Kennewick Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are excited you had such a great stay with us. We hope to see you in the near future! Safe travels

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Came to town for the NWAACC Women's Basketball Tournament. Only one block from the Toyota Center. Prices reasonable and personnel very nice and helpful. Very small workout room. Elliptical and treadmill need updated.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Kennewick Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to rate us on trip advisor. We hope that your tournament for NWACC was successful. We hope to see you next year!

Reviewed March 7, 2014

This is my new go to for the Kennewick area and I was very impressed with the hotel and managers hour special....nice touch. Close to everything and very clean with all the amenities. I did stay at the Redlion Convention center a few weeks prior and was not as impressed.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to rate us on Trip Advisor we hope you come back and see us again... We appreciate your business and safe travels!!!