New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Red Lion Inn & Suites Kennewick Convention Center

Red Lion Inn & Suites Kennewick Convention Center
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Kennewick
Antimony, Utah
“Nice hotel but you can tell its not a chain...is that good???”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

In smaller communities I like to search out smaller, possibly local or individually owned hotels or motels. Lets support our local and independent hotels, right?? Typically it's a good thing. At e Cedars Inn I had mixed feelings. Lets start with the hotel. It's new and really quite nice. Check in was simple and easy but I HATE poorly photo copied "rules" taped on the wall inside the elevator. A hotel notifying me when "quiet" time is, as well as all of the other rules I as a guest must abide by...what kind of guests does this place bring in if they need these "rules" posted everywhere. They are fond of making copies of many "rules" and placing them throughout the property.

Ok, so that's that. Cedar Inn was very clean and nicely appointed. Rooms were a good size and mine had a microwave and mini fridge. Comfortable beds but you could certainly hear other guests in their rooms. The bathroom was nice but had the locker room type soap dispensers and the one in he shower did not have the top secured properly. The shower head was so high up on the wall it was hard for me to reach at 6 foot to get the hard water build up off so the shower sprayed properly. They had also completed some sort of repair under the sink but never bothered to paint the wall. Just a large white patch in an otherwise dark bathroom.

They have a nice free breakfast, and a full breakfast. Not just cereal and muffins. They also provide Tulley's coffee. Love that!!

So, a nice hotel but not sure if I would stay again.

Room Tip: Top floor, it may be a little quieter. You can hear a lot going on in the hallways.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank teek4100

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My wife and I visit family in the Tri Cities every few months. We have almost always stayed at this hotel. Once or twice we stayed elsewhere but we always come back the the Cedars inn. I am on oxygen and have to have o2 tanks and concentrator delivered before I arrive. These are always in the room and ready when I arrive. The staff is always friendly and helpful with any request. The rooms are always clean and well maintained. I would not want to stay anywhere else

• Stayed February 2013
5 Thank Twvheathbar
Asotin, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I finally ended up booking a room at another hotel. I kept calling the hotel and their automated system was looping and wouldn't allow the potential guest to get to the front desk it just kept looping back into the automated system. Sucks, I would have much preferred the Cedars!

Room Tip: They are all great!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My family and I come to the Tri Cities a couple times a year to visit family. We usually stay at the Hilton across the street and decided this time to give Cedar's a try. Our stay was wonderful!!! EVERYONE was so helpful and friendly. From your General Manager to your housekeeping staff the service was top notch. You can't beat hot waffles in the morning either!!! We will come back to Cedars Inn the next time we come to the Tri Cities!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Joe D
Kent, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

My son had a tournament Jan 31,2012 take about hospitality! It reminded of Cheers the tv show. The night guy Chad walked in and the whole hockey team knew his name. We were catered to from the time we walked in from the time we checked out. Love the smaller intimate hotels... This our first choice hotel from now on... Good breakfast clean rooms... Happy staff!!!

Room Tip: They gave away free alcohol and pretzels for the kids!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Gracie S
Yakimja
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

My family and I had the opportunity to stay at the Cedars Inn during a recent trip to Kennewick. We found the hotel to be very welcoming and the rooms to be comfortable and clean. The breakfast in the morning was quick and perfect for a family on the road. What both my husband and I really appreciated was the staff who went above and beyond to make our stay a good one. Each person we came into contact with was very friendly and helpful. As there are a lot of choices for hotels when traveling, I will be sure to stay at this hotel again on our next trip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I had an outstanding stay here I flew into town for a conference. The landscape to the property was very nice and clean Heather the gal who checked me in was so nice she recommended Texas Road House for Dinner since i was hungry for a steak and it was just down the road also the other staff was extremely nice the beds were comfortable overall experience at this hotel was awesome good job guys u have my business when I fly back into town

• Stayed January 2013