Red Lion Inn & Suites Kennewick Convention Center
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Kennewick
Yakimja
“Great Stay”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

My family and I had the opportunity to stay at the Cedars Inn during a recent trip to Kennewick. We found the hotel to be very welcoming and the rooms to be comfortable and clean. The breakfast in the morning was quick and perfect for a family on the road. What both my husband and I really appreciated was the staff who went above and beyond to make our stay a good one. Each person we came into contact with was very friendly and helpful. As there are a lot of choices for hotels when traveling, I will be sure to stay at this hotel again on our next trip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I had an outstanding stay here I flew into town for a conference. The landscape to the property was very nice and clean Heather the gal who checked me in was so nice she recommended Texas Road House for Dinner since i was hungry for a steak and it was just down the road also the other staff was extremely nice the beds were comfortable overall experience at this hotel was awesome good job guys u have my business when I fly back into town

• Stayed January 2013
Baker City, Oregon
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I've been staying at the Cedars Inn for three weeks while in Kennewick for business. The rooms were all wonderful (I stayed in a different room each week, as I went home for the weekends). The hotel is clean and comfortable, and the staff is amazing. By the second night staying there most of the staff knew my name and would go out of their way to make sure everything was perfect. My favorite staff member was the general manager, Melissa, she was always busy keeping the place running smooth but she would take the time to say hi. I was so overly impressed by this hotel that I plan on staying there every time I'm any where near Kennewick. I also feel that I should mention that the drinks at night are a wonderful perk that I think every hotel should do, and the breakfast was diverse enough that at the end of three weeks I wasn't tired of their choices. I would recommend the Cedars to anyone and everyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Clint m
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Kennewick Convention Center, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Clint: Thank you so much for the great review. We really enjoyed your whole group while you were here. You guys were a delight and we hope to see you in the future. If you need anything please feel free to call me. Thanks again!

Melissa
Yakima, Washington, United States
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a fairly nice hotel, however we were expecting more due to their website. The website states that breakfast includes omelets and waffles but the person at the front desk says they don't do omelets and the waffle makers were all broken. Also, they advertise a managers reception with beer, wine and soft drinks so we figured it was for families like we have been to at other hotels but when we got there the kids were told they couldn't come in and no soft drinks were available unless we wanted to purchase them from the vending machine. Had we known all of this we would have stayed at another hotel with a better price. Also would have liked to have had a hot tub. Also beware most of their business is from sports teams so we had a group of Hockey players partying after a game in the room next to us until midnight!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Melissa P
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Kennewick Convention Center, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Melissa: Thank you for your feedback! I am always open to having good and poor reviews this allows me to correct things that can be better. And know what our guests like and don't like. First I need to apologize we always want our guests to have a comfortable stay and we strive to provide that to all of our customers no matter what brings them to our hotel. Yes we did have a hockey team stay with us and I tried to look ahead and having our staff walk the halls for excess noise. We enforced a curfew for the kids starting at 10pm and a quiet time for the purpose of respecting all of our guests in house.
Last year we had an omelette bar which consisted of egg pattys, diced ham, shredded cheese and salsa. We decided to upgrade our breakfast with more substance so instead of the omelette bar we have scrambled eggs, breakfast potatos, and sausage links. For the most part our guests have welcomed the change. We updated most of the websites but it sounds like one fell through the cracks and I will be searching online and correcting it with the right breakfast items. Our waffle makers did go down the week before your stay and I put a rush order on getting new ones as they did not have any on hand at the store. The good news is we actually received brand new ones today.

Our Managers Reception is for anyone over the age of 21 years of age. We provide popcorn or cookies in our lobby for anyone under the age of 21 years of age. The Manager Reception room is treated as a bar due to the fact we are serving alcohol and are in compliance with Washington State Liquor Control Board. We do advertise having beer and wine available but have recently added a wide variety of hard alcohol to the menu that is also complimentary. I do know we did have wine on Friday and ran out sometime Saturday. I have since then replenished all items that we serve and again I apologize. You may have an option of only having a soft drink if you choose. You are entitled to two complimentary beverages per room.

I hope that you will give us another chanse to show you we are a great hotel. We strive on giving everyone that stays with us a comfortable and inviting stay. Melissa if you would please call me and we can discuss this matter further I would really appreciate it. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and voicing how we can do better. Happy Traveling!
Boise
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is a newer hotel. It's clean and has a friendly front desk staff.

This is my second stay and I would come back if I were in the Tri-Cities area.

They do a nice breakfast -- with choices from eggs and waffles to cereal, yogurt or toast and juice. This hotel is a very good value.

I didn't use the pool -- but would have if they had a hot tub.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank k8girl
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Kennewick Convention Center, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for your feedback we appreciate you choosing to stay at Cedars Inn & Suites. We look forward to see you again in the future!
Walla Walla, Washington, United States
Reviewed January 2, 2013

The Cedars Inn in Kennewick exceeded my expectations. Very nice, new, clean. Excellent staff, decent breakfast, "managers reception in the evening (soup and 2 free drinks per room). We didn't have time to try the pool, but we will if we need a room in Kennewick again. It's also quite convenient, yet in a very quiet area. I don't think I heard anything from inside our room. The only possible improvements would be an adjustable shower head (and they are rather high), and I'm not sure why many of the newer motels don't have bathroom fans. The bed was actually quite comfortable and the king suite made for extra space. Excellent price and great stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Marla F
Thank you so much for your feedback its very helpful. We strive to be the best in the Tri Cities. We hope to see you in the future!
Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed December 18, 2012

The Cedars Inn has been the only hotel I stay in since I found this hotel in Kennewick. The staff are always very friendly and accomodating, and we've been pleased that they allow small dogs so that we can bring our favorite travel companion with us. The rooms are warm, comfortable and clean. Centrally located in Kennewick is very convenient for pretty much anything you will do in the Tri-cities area. Really happy I found this place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank wardch
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Kennewick Convention Center, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you so much! We love to hear any type of feed back from all of our customers. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope you can visit us in the future.