Red Lion Inn & Suites Kennewick Convention Center
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Kennewick
Reviewed November 17, 2012

We had difficulty finding the property even with a GPS. Rather than driving all around the city, I would suggest a call to the Front Desk asking for directions. Our rooms were very, very close to the lobby and quite comfortable. The Manager's Reception was a joke as they were out of everything but chips and soft drinks. We ended up with our own beverages and snacks. How hard is it to make this work as advertised!!!! We asked for suggestions at the Front Desk for dinner and were pleased with the recommendation on the Columbia River.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Joyce M
Melissa B, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Kennewick Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thank you for the review I especially liked your review because it makes me more aware of how I can do better catering to our guests. I apologize that you had difficulties finding the hotel. We are prepared if a guest calls to give them accurate directions if this situation arises. I apologize that the managers reception was not fully stocked. I have made sure from here on out that we have extra items on hand and I go shopping before we run out so this does not happen to any other guests. Thank you again for the feedback it was very helpful. Please visit us again and when you do make your reservation if you call me I will make sure you are taken care of and get extra special treatment through out your stay. Happy travels!

Reviewed November 16, 2012

This really should be one rated as one of the better hotels in the Tri-Cities. Having stayed at almost all of them, this one has been one my favorites. We only stayed one night, but it was great. We checked in at 7:00 and were greeted by a friendly woman at the front desk. Whenever we left to go and get food and such, the woman told us "hello" and "goodbye". I appreciated that a lot. The room was absolutely huge. We did the advanced purchase rate and got a good deal on a king with a sitting room. Everything was updated and very clean. The bathroom was surprisingly high quality and spacious. Two of us could easily be getting ready in there with no problem. They had cookies and milk late at night in the lobby so we could satisfy our midnight snack cravings, which I adored. Also, when we were checking out the manager was in the lobby, and you could tell that he cared about his establishment.

My only problems with Cedars were:
-The towels were quite tiny and rather scratchy. They were uncomfortable and not easy to dry off with,
-We we're 8 minutes late to breakfast and they kept some stuff out (leftover breakfast sausage) but everything else was closed up. It was just weird that they kept some stuff out but not others. If you want to feed the late people, keep all the breakfast trays open, if not, take the cold sausage away.
-Check out is 11:00 but housekeeping knocked on our door at 10:00 to see if we were gone. I understand getting the jump on work, but I think they should wait till at least after check-out time to start on the rooms.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Hotel was clean and the rooms were comfortable. If you stay long enough you can get a better rate than off the shelf. The manager's reception was entirely forgettable however. Straight out of the can! Drinks were good enough and the breakfast was too, just not much seating available. Staff were just doing their jobs, no real personal touches to the service.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We were driving through the Tri Cities and stopped off for the night. The place was clean and well kept. The desk staff were very friendly. The room was clean and updated. The matress was a little hard but there were plenty of pillows. Overall for the price it was a great stay. It was just as nice as a Holiday Inn Express or Hilton Garden Inn for about $30 less a night.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Unknowm
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Very clean, modern and quiet location. Enjoyed welcome drink in early evening. Noisy aircon, however, meant having to switch it off overnight and so was rather hot. Usual awful American breakfast, bagels, stale bread and sugary cereals , all so plastic and unhealthy - cannot beat an English breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Pauline S
Reviewed October 17, 2012

When traveling with a child, there are a few things that important to me: free breakfast; a friendly & accommodating staff; a refrigerator & microwave in-room; and lots of space to run around in our room. This hotel had all of the above! It's new, clean, and the breakfast was actually pretty tasty. You can make your own waffles, which we all loved. It's not a "four-star" hotel, by any means. But I gave it 4-stars because it was valuable for our family's stay in the area. It was close to major shopping too!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This was our second stay at Cedars Inn and we were happy to stay there, admist some glitches. 1st glitch: I booked one type of room and got something completely different...like did the registration desk even look at my registration? I complained, and they gave us a room that I had initially booked. 2nd glitch: hotel is located next to a regional airport...tiny planes...anyway, in the middle of the night one of the car alarms went of and continued to blast for hours. They could do nothing about it, since they were unable to detemine whose car it was. Needless to say, we did not sleep that night. Poor guy, his battery must have finally died becuase it finally stopped around 5am...I was tempted to call the local police becaue it was absolutely annoying.

Will I be back? Maybe. It's close to our relatives home and in a great location to shopping and food, so right now...it's a 50% rating. 1st stay was nice, this stay was nice too, minus the challenges.

Room Tip: Go for the King Suite with the sitting area. For two people, this provides ample room and work spac...