“tour of states with daughter”

Red Lion Inn & Suites Kennewick Convention Center
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Kennewick
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Very clean, modern and quiet location. Enjoyed welcome drink in early evening. Noisy aircon, however, meant having to switch it off overnight and so was rather hot. Usual awful American breakfast, bagels, stale bread and sugary cereals , all so plastic and unhealthy - cannot beat an English breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Pauline S
There are newer reviews for Red Lion Inn & Suites Kennewick Convention Center

Reviewed October 17, 2012

When traveling with a child, there are a few things that important to me: free breakfast; a friendly & accommodating staff; a refrigerator & microwave in-room; and lots of space to run around in our room. This hotel had all of the above! It's new, clean, and the breakfast was actually pretty tasty. You can make your own waffles, which we all loved. It's not a "four-star" hotel, by any means. But I gave it 4-stars because it was valuable for our family's stay in the area. It was close to major shopping too!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This was our second stay at Cedars Inn and we were happy to stay there, admist some glitches. 1st glitch: I booked one type of room and got something completely different...like did the registration desk even look at my registration? I complained, and they gave us a room that I had initially booked. 2nd glitch: hotel is located next to a regional airport...tiny planes...anyway, in the middle of the night one of the car alarms went of and continued to blast for hours. They could do nothing about it, since they were unable to detemine whose car it was. Needless to say, we did not sleep that night. Poor guy, his battery must have finally died becuase it finally stopped around 5am...I was tempted to call the local police becaue it was absolutely annoying.

Will I be back? Maybe. It's close to our relatives home and in a great location to shopping and food, so right now...it's a 50% rating. 1st stay was nice, this stay was nice too, minus the challenges.

Room Tip: Go for the King Suite with the sitting area. For two people, this provides ample room and work spac...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

Following the map on map quest and the on my GPS, I was still taken to the wrong place. After finally finding it, when I checked in, I was given a smaller room than I had reserved. They no longer had the room I wanted. I ended up taking a double queen instead of the king suite I had reserved. The room we were given was nice, if you didn't look too closely. The trim was falling off the walls, some parts didn't even look like it was finished, and the deadbolt didn't line up correctly so it didn't work. There was no other way to lock the door (chain, Ect), making it very easy for my 2 toddlers to open the door whenever they chose. The staff was friendly, the pool was nice and clean, and the complimentary breakfast was adequate to other hotels. The beds were comfortable, but I wasn't pleased that after checking in with 5 people, we were only given 2 towels. We will probably stay here again, since there is only so many places that accommodate 5 guests in a room, 2 being a young age.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Clean room, great location close to the mall, restaurants and Costco, internet connection was fast, breakfast was limited ordinary hotel food. We arrived at 1 p.m., having asked for early check in between 1 and 2 when we made our reservation. Motel had been full the night before so our room was not available until 2.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2012

This is a new hotel, everything is new and functional. Close to the main road and there are plenty of eating places around. The internet works well and there is no problem there. There is a small workout room with some real cheap workout equipment. The treadmill is ok but the bike and elliptical are very low budget. They have a manager reception with drinks and pretzels. All else is good. Get some decent workout equipment and it will be a great place. The Home and Ranch store on the corner is pretty cool to visit as well.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2012

This hotel was a wonderful find. At $85.00 for a double queen room it's already a bargain. But they don't stop there. The staff greeted us at check in and offered us a selection of beverages. The local microbrew we chose was cold and delicious after a very long day of driving. The building was new and the rooms were clean and fresh. The breakfast area was tidy and well attended to. The staff was extremely friendly. Everything I could ask for and
more.