“Hilton Garden Inn is better but this was nice”

Red Lion Inn & Suites Kennewick Convention Center
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Kennewick
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I think I read a review where someone complained that when they looked in the mini fridge the maid had left some previous occupants' leftovers in there. Either I got the same room and they still weren't cleaned out or it was a seriously bad case of deja vu. That said, but for that one thing everything about the hotel was nice, clean, comfortable, and the service and staff were fantastic. The Garden Inn (half a block away) has a nicer, larger, more comfortable lobby - and a much better breakfast. It also books up quicker. All else equal I'd pick the Garden Inn, but as a backup this is a good second choice.

Room Tip: For those that care, note the free happy hour every day, besides the breakfast.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Red Lion Inn & Suites Kennewick Convention Center

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Impeccably clean. Everything new and stylish. Great rates. Good breakfast. Incredibly courteous staff.
I would not even hesitate to stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank elooper
Reviewed June 11, 2012

After reading some of the reviews here we decided to stay at the Cedars for one night.
The staff were great! The room was clean and neat, breakfast was okay. The Wi-Fi was a little intermittent. The Cedars is only two years old so everything was new. The manager reception, two glasses of wine or beer with some finger food is unique for this class of hotel.

If you want an inexpensive room with an okay breakfast, this is your place.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I'm admittedly someone with very high expectations who is squeamish about staying at hotels unless I'm staying at a very high-end resort. I did a lot of research on the hotels in the area before choosing to stay at The Cedars Inn and was very happy and relieved at how accurate the positive reviews were and how pleasant my stay was.

The Cedars Inn is brand new and extremely well-kept. It is very clean, nice and the atmosphere is welcoming. The rooms feel spacious and the bathrooms are immaculately clean and tasteful. There is nothing scary about the shower like you see at most hotels - not one speck of dirt or mildew! The body lotion smelled really good too.

I really appreciated all of the extra amenities which make you feel like a welcomed house guest. There is coffee, lemonade and tea available in the lobby at all times, as well as packets of oatmeal and soup for you to use. There is always fresh fruit at the front desk and yummy chocolate mints too. I came in late so I missed the fresh cookies they serve in the evening by 10 minutes, but they smelled delicious. I also missed the Manager's Reception which offers free drinks and hors d'oeuvres to all guests (not just the business travelers), which I thought went above and beyond and set them apart from other hotels. They also offer a free breakfast every morning which is included in the price of your room, unlike the Hilton Garden Inn in the area which charges an extra $10 for this.

My experience with the staff was limited to the nice lady at the front desk. She was friendly and very helpful when I asked her about specific places to eat. She gave me directions and even ran outside to catch me before I left when she was concerned that she had told me one wrong turn.

If I had just one suggestion, it would be for better pillows. As a caveat, I have problems with my neck and own about half of the world's supply of pillows, so it could very easily just be me, though.

A very positive hotel stay and experience. I highly recommend The Cedars Inn and would stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Christine_B109
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Had made reservations ahead of time and was still placed in a ground floor room that was across from the indoor swimming pool and a few feet away from the entry sidewalk outside on the window side. There were no sheers on the curtains and unless I wanted everyone coming and going to the motel looking right in my room and bed, I needed to keep the heavy curtains closed at all times. It was very dark and dreary - like staying in a cave. Staff were nice and amenities were good for the price, just don't get a room on the first floor. Better idea - they should invest in some good sheer curtains on those rooms and not place single women on the first floor. Families might love being by the pool.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank KMier
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for one night for business. It is a newer place with great rooms and furnishings. The hotel itself is quite nice, the wi-fi worked well and there was free parking. It is in a quiet area but there is really nothing within walking distance to do.

The staff seems to be very inexperienced. The check in was a real ordeal for some reason and then they seemed to need just about every document I owned except medical insurance. All the while I was checking in another clerk was loudly having a telephone conversation right next to me. Normally that would be no big deal but she was so loud I almost could not hear the person helping to me. The elevator didn't work right and stopped at every floor no matter what floor you wanted to go to. The morning breakfast was free, however, staff did not keep the place very clean nor the food stocked.

Overall the place was ok but I think I would have been happier at another place.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank jsguyrus
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We arrived early, stayed late - no problem. We enjoyed breakfast... mostly the normal fare. Staff was very friendly and helpful. room was very clean and felt brand new. The bed was very comfortable. The wireless internet was FREE... no ad based portal to climb through... no passwords... no hassle.

What a great place!