Red Lion Inn & Suites Kennewick Convention Center
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Kennewick
Spokane, Washington
“New Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2011

Decided to try the Cedars Inn and was pleasantly surprised by the rate and the room. The front desk staff was more than pleasant to deal with.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Missoula, Montana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2011

The lighting at the desk was very poor, so it was hard to get work done and the "fitness center" was a treadmill, bike, and a few free weights in a VERY SMALL, closet like space in the corner of the building. The bed was not very comfortable, although I've experienced worse and the walls were so thin I could hear everything going on through the floor. Breakfast was also very poor, just coffee, juice, sweet cereals, etc. No fruit, yogurt, or anything healthy.

The only thing I can say is that the ladies at the front desk were friendly and the location is fairly central and convenient. The internet connection was pretty good too, so that was a plus. I will also say, if you are considering visiting the Tri-Cities area, there are much nicer areas of Washington to consider. I think this hotel was fairly indicative of Kennewick as a town.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Kellogg, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2011

Professional atmosphere, I've now run interviews out of their board room, met with clients in their lounge, had breakfast in the morning and cookies and milk at night. Really? The majority of the decent hotels in the area are circa $100, and don't offer the same amenities. Flat screen TV, Fold Out Bed/Couch, Wifi in the rooms, and Computer Access in the lounge. I even got 10% off my bill at Applebees! I have clients and agents in Tri Cities, and travel all through the area. This is a perfect "staging point" for my business, and the staff has been very accomodating. I highly recommend this hotel, and will continue to make this my second office.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Nampa, Idaho
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2011

Although there were a few good things I could mention about the Cedars Inn Kennewick, all of the negative things completely outweigh the few positives.

The hotel botched my reservation. I called on January 24 for February 25 reservations for a soccer tournament that my daughter was attending. I asked the lady who made the reservation to send me an email confirmation when I made the reservation. I never got it. I called the next morning, again requesting an email confirmation, never got it. At 10:30 pm that night (Jan. 25) the Cedars Inn hotel calls and asks where I am. I explained the reservation was for February 25 and the lady said she would change my reservation to that date. Thirty minutes later at 11 PM she called back, and woke me up again. She stated she only had a handicapped room with a king, my original reservation was two queens. I said that would be fine and please send me a confirmation. Next morning, no confirmation. I called back and finally received my confirmation.

When we arrived on February 25 the lady at the counter was very unfriendly, almost rude. I explained to her I had a reservation and I had two girls who have reservations under the soccer team and provided the lady with their names. She stated she had no rooms keys left for the soccer team, that I would have to contact the individual who made the reservations, After finally getting my room key, which took about 10 minutes, I looked down and on the counter was a room key cover with my daughter’s name on it and the other girl name I had with me. I asked the lady about the key, and she looked down at it and realized she did have a room key for the girls. The key cover also had my name on the other side.

We checked into our rooms and I stated to unpack. I turned the TV on and found that the list of TV channels on the counter did not work on this TV. I went down stairs and the lady told me the list was incorrect, that I could go to channel 95 and find the list of channels.

At about 11 pm, I tried to get some sleep, but the rooms above me were occupied by a semi pro football team, and there was nothing quiet about them. I don’t’ think it was intentional, just poor quality construction, thin floors and walls.

The next morning I was up at 6 am, and took a shower and found little cheap towels. When I went down for breakfast, I was sadly disappointed. This is a continental breakfast, about what you get at a discount hotel. There were two ladies trying to cook waffles, but the waffle iron kept burning them. And the omelets were a joke. I settled on cold cereal and coffee.

On Sunday morning, I went down to breakfast at 7:15 am. The breakfast area was full, since there is only seating for 19 guests. I ended up standing and eating my cold cereal along with several other guests. I went to get coffee, and one of the containers was empty. I went and told the lady at the front counter and she went and replaced it. I also had tried to get OJ, but it was also empty and the red light was on, but the lady was in too big a hurry to get back to her chair and computer. After finishing my coffee, I went and told the lady the OJ was empty and the red light was on. She got up and exchanged it, and returned to her computer.

Our girls’ team came down about 8:15 for breakfast, and I asked if they could use the board room so they won’t take up all the seats. The lady at the front desk said no and was not very nice about it. Several other guests came down while the girls were having their breakfast, got their food and finding no room to sit down, went back to their rooms or stood. As soon as the girls were done eating, I had them clean up their tables and make room for other guests. From the time I arrive downstairs at 7:15 to the time I returned to my room, about 8:45, the lady at the counter never once cleaned the tables.

I also asked for late checkout on Sunday, to 12 noon, and was told no, and was very unfriendly about it.

The hotel states on the website we offer “ same level of comfort, luxury, affordability and service you'll find at our brand-new hotel and suites facility.” WRONG, this is nothing but a new and clean Motel 6 or Super 8. The staff is not friendly or welcoming, and by Sunday, they were rude and lazy. There is nothing luxurious about Cedars Inn. I asked the other parents how their stay was, none of them were pleased

I also sent an email to the GM three days ago and have not heard back.

Rob Nampa, ID

• Stayed February 2011
2 Thank rkscsmith
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2011

Loved our stay at this hotel while in the area visiting family. Had some experiences with hotels in Kennewick not being that great before but Cedars surpassed all of our expectations. They provide gorgeous rooms at great rates, and a delicious breakfast in the morning. Was great to be greeted by a warm staff that's not all business, they make you feel right at home. Did not experience any of what people were complaining about on here, hotel was pretty full due to holidays, but we didn't hear a neighbor once.Next time we come to town, we will be gladly returning to Cedars.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bentleysmommy418
Yakima, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2011

Family members from four different locations, Oregon, Canada, Yakima and Kennewick were all able to get together for a few days at the Cedars Inn. They had an awesome suite for the largest family with children, and seperate rooms for the rest of us! All rooms were beautiful, and close enough to each other, to easily visit back and forth. The children and some adults really enjoyed the swimming pool, and its nice warm water.
The hours were convenient, and plenty of big fluffy towels for everyone. The suite was amazing, with a nice kitchen, and a living room that accomodated many of us. Breakfast in the lobby was very good, with a nice assortment of foods. Everything was very clean and the staff was accomodating to everyone. One night the desk clerk brought a plate of cookies to the room, when she baked them for the front lobby! WOW! Anxious to stay at the inn, next time we meet in Kennewick. Thank you Cedar's Inn and Suites!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank maggiesmom1
blue mountains
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2010

Traveled on business with my husband and spent 2 nights. We were gone all day, but I did pay attention in the areas we used. This is a new hotel ( the desk clerk said they opened in March), so we stayed just 8 mths after opening. For this reason, everything still appears new, however the hotel is not quality built and offers the bare minimum in guest needs/wants. I'll break down my personal 'pros & cons' and you can decide what's important to you:
Pros: New and clean and offers a complimentary continental breakfast, which is ok, not the worst we've had, but not the best either. We thought the beds were pretty comfy, we both slept well. The desk clerk was professional, but we didn't have any issues to resolve..
Cons: No coffee maker in our room, but the lobby does have coffee and flavored creamer. The walls are paper thin - when in the bathroom I could clearly hear the man next door visting with his wife and daughter on his speaker phone. No bathroom fan to clear steam or muffle Anything. The bathtub is there, but is super super tiny. I've never seen such a shallow tub. The towels are Rough and Thin. Ouch!
Fitness room: VERY small with 1 treadmill, 1 eliptical, 1 riding bike and a couple of free weights. No mirrors. The water cooler bottle was empty.
Overall it was a positive experience based on the current status of New and Clean and I'd recommend the hotel to a friend. The price was right.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business