“Italian food so good I feel like I'm back home.”

Carmine's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 234 Restaurants in Kennewick
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a family-owned and operated restaurant. We serve individuals, families and private parties or meetings.
“Italian food so good I feel like I'm back home.”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I grew up in the outskirts of Detroit, Michigan, and I feel as though I've found home over 2000 miles away at Carmine's in Kennewick. My grandparents were Sicilian, which meant that holidays and birthdays revolved around family, laughs, and large portions of home made Italian food.

Carmine's offers not only the best home made Italian food I've ever had in a restaurant, but also opens it's doors and presents their family history to their customers.

Warm lighting, candles, old family photos, and newspaper clippings from heroic events in WW2 all pay homage to those loved ones in their family that served, while italian music softly plays in the background.

Their family heritage is displayed for all to see, and its through this medium that Carmines extends not only its family history, but its family values to their customers. The same values that my parents and grandparents molded me with. So I can tell you first hand that the food is as genuine as the family that works there.

The homemade, fresh bottomless italian bread is crispy on the outside and soft and warm on the inside. The italian salad is worlds apart at a whole new level better than Olive Garden's, and the italian sausage and pasta taste exactly like the sausages that my grandma and grandpa would grind and make by hand over 30 years ago on the other side of the country.

I haven't looked it up yet but I wouldn't be surprised if our families ended up being related or somehow connected. That's how much Carmine's makes me feel like I'm home.

So if you're looking for authentic, old school, delicious Italian home made meals, combined with a cozy family atmosphere, this is the place for you.

• Visited February 2014

“Simply the BEST”
Reviewed January 24, 2014 via mobile

I took my wife to Carmines for a date night. It couldn't have been better. Like many other reviewers, we were greeted by Carmine himself. What a great guy! He was extremely friendly and fun to talk to. We had penne with vodka sauce and the spaghetti with gravy. Both were great, but we preferred the spaghetti. The meats were delicious, as was the bread. The best part of the meal was the bread pudding (a close 2nd was the La Rossa beer). The bread pudding was AMAZING! I don't like bread pudding, but I couldn't stop eating it. Before we left, Carmine brought us boxes for our leftovers, added a loaf of bread & some extra sauce to ensure that it was delicious when we heated it up at home.
I would recommend Carmines to anyone. We can't wait to go back & take our kids. This is a great family owned & operated restaurant. As good as the food was (and it was really, really good) the overall experience was even better. We have a new favorite place to eat, and a new friend, too.

Visited January 2014
Tacoma, Washington, United States
“Like a Night in Italy”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

While visiting Kennewick, my tripadvisor app mentioned an authentic Italian place not far away. We were delighted to find Carmine's. It is as wonderful as its reviews and as authentic as our stay in Sorento, Italy. We were warmly greeted by the owner, who was a little concerned that we might not understand the eclectic and traditional Italian eatery style. I wish to warn the reader that the Italian cook makes a lovely family style dinner and the diner joins in the fare without ordering from a plethora of menu items. It includes bread, hot from the oven, a huge salad and a choice of one of two entrees which includes "out of this world meatballs". We added a lovely Italian red wine. Thursday - Sunday there is a schedule of sauces and pasta so you might want to call and find out what fantastic foods are cooking and reserve a spot. We enjoyed the wall of Italian news and memorabilia. What a wonderful surprise to find such Italian charm.

• Visited January 2014
Boise, Idaho
“Great Italian”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

This is the best little italian restaurant we've been to recently. They open at 5pm and only serve two meals a night on weekends but it's excellant food served family style. We were there on sunday night and had the lasagna with meat dish. They bring it out in a caserole dish and you serve yourself. It comes with all the beard you can eat plus salad. The meat dish has meatballs and italian sausage. Carmine the owner checked on us several times to make sure we were enjoying the food. To say the least we will go back when we're in the area again!

• Visited November 2013
“Mangia!”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I grew up in upstate New York in a full-blooded strong Napolitano family. My Nonni and Ma are both gone now and the great home cooked meals at their homes are no longer. Carmine's has filled that void for me and "mi famiglia". When I have the yearning to go home to Ma's for dinner I go to Carmine's. From the insalata to the moppine and everything in between, it all takes me back home. Excellent traditional food and atmosphere. Molto bene! Cent' Anni! Grazie!

• Visited October 2013