“Stay here if you enjoy cold showers and uncomfortable mattresses!”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Kennewick
“Stay here if you enjoy cold showers and uncomfortable mattresses!”
Reviewed April 9, 2011

Worst hotel stay ever. The sleeper sofa in our room literally has springs poking through the mattress . The floor would be more comfortable. And forget about a hot shower if your room is at the end of the hall....the water was literally warm for two minutes then suddenly turned ice cold.

The service desk's response was, "We'll have maintenance look into it."

The only decent thing about our stay was the complimentary breakfast, which I would call average at best.

• Stayed April 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 26, 2010

I travel quite a bit for work. Stayed in tri-cities last year, but at the Quality Inn next door (wish I would have stayed there this time). A coworker recommended the Comfort Inn, so decided to give it a try. Rooms weren't bad, except all the electrical outlets are covered by some piece of furniture, so had to iron my clothes in bathroom door. Also, the continental breakfast is one of the worst I've had. I have never stayed in a hotel who did not supply yogurt, cottage cheese & some sort of "hot dish" (sausage, biscuits/gravy, etc). with the breakfast. The card keys to the rooms for some reason would not stay programed to the hotel doors. Many of us staying here, had to constantly go to the front desk to have them reprogrammed. Won't be staying here anytime soon.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Westsider9988
Tacoma
Reviewed July 9, 2010

Only stayed at the hotel to crash for the night. The bed was worn and the furniture was dated. however it was a simple place to crash.

• Stayed July 2010
Spokane Valley, WA
Reviewed May 27, 2010

My husband and I were shocked at the lack of professionalism in the staff. Besides the slovenly appearance in more than one front desk agent, there was a gross lacking of customer service and training on front desk procedures, even basic ones like checking someone in. The general atmosphere was not welcoming after a long drive. I normally stay next door at the Quality Inn, which we love. I mistakenly reserved a room at the Comfort Inn. I will never make that mistake again. The difference is night and day.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank thefuryinside
washington state
Reviewed October 11, 2009

My husband and I were on the road between Hood River and Kennewick, it was late, and we needed a hotel room. So I used my i-phone to access hotels.com and research Kennewick hotels. Comfort Inn came up best because it had a vacancy, had a hot tub, and a map was available. I called and a pleasant lady made the reservation, indicating that because of the short time before I arrived, my credit card was immediately being charged for $110.

We arrived 15 minutes later, thanks to the map, and were greated buy a greasy man who reminded me of the pizza delivery man on TV. He said 'whatya want,' instead of 'can I help you.' Like I'd be there at 10:30 at night for something other than a hotel room? However, he checked us in, and we felt the room was pleasant and enjoyed the hot tub.

The next morning a bill slipped under our door indicated we owed $82.00 for the room. I inquired at the desk and the lady said it was a mistake, we shouldn't have gotten it, and that we were required to pay the hotels.com price of $110. I said why? Naturally I wanted the best price. The lady said hotels.com was just a middle man and that I should have used choicehotels.com (like I would have known that at 10 pm on the road?). She also said I would have been better off just walking in and asking for a room, (like I'd have known how to get there and that a vacancy was available at 10 pm on the road?). She also refused to give me the bill that had been slipped under my door so I could take up the issue with hotels.com.

So apparently hotels.com, or Comfort Inn, screwed me out of $30 bucks. Plus the butter at the breakfast bar was frozen and I couldn't spread it on the toast.

I won't stay at a Comfort Inn again, won't recommend it to anyone, nor will I use hotels.com again, even thought it had the best user interface for surfing on an i-phone.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marie W
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed July 6, 2009

This hotel was so hidden off the main road there was no way we would have found if we didn't have our gps. The room to me was not worth the price that we were charged. Will skip this hotel on our next trip.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Post Falls, Idaho
Reviewed December 4, 2008

This hotel was conveniently close to the mall, restaurants, and the movie theaters. It was perfect for a one night stopover for me.

The room was clean and the service was fine

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — No elevator
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)