“Run of the mill, no complaints.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn Kennewick

Fairfield Inn Kennewick
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Kennewick
Spokane WA
“Run of the mill, no complaints.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Last week, spent weekend at The Fairfield Inn and Suites in Kennewick Washington. Purpose of travel was for high school sporting event. The entire team, as well as their families, were there. There is a reason why we stay at the FI&S, product consistency. The cookie cutter hotels are typically clean, modern, reasonably priced and offer a complimentary hot breakfast. The concept works great for our purpose of travel. This property met the expectation, the breakfast room is rather small though. Tough to get many people in, especially when the hotel had another team staying there. Overall, we had no complaints and would come back.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Well, my GPS did not say: Make a turn now. I turned after I passed Quality Inn sign. I then climbed over an unpaved road up and then down. If I drove a SUV, I would get to this hotel sooner. Anyway, the checkin was okay except that the computer assigned me to a room next to an elevator. But it was changed to a room at the end of the hallway on third floor. I got very good sleep for two nights. Breakfast was great. The bill had a problem with the tax exempt, but was changed and the final bill was sent to my email. Everything else was just expected. I will stay at this hotel again if I get another chance to visit the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I bit hard to find as it's tucked in behind a Quality Inn, but once we figured it out - good hotel, staff were friendly and helpful. Great location, near restaurants and a large mall.

We had a quiet room, with a mini-fridge and microwave - comfortable beds and we had a good sleep. Okay TV with a good channel selection.

No 'market' here, but a couple of vending machines for snacks.

Another nice indoor pool and spa.

Service was good, especially considering they were fully booked.

Breakfast was good, same hot items (scrambled eggs, sausage). All items were fresh and coffee was good.

Based on average stays at other Fairfield Inns, this hotel was about $ 40 more per night - other than being close to shopping and restaurants - don't understand the price difference.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from elevator.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

The fitness center hours are from 7am-9pm so if you are in to morning workouts before work, you're out of luck or need to do it in the evenings. That is the only suggestion that I can make. Very nice staff, Friendly. And the location is convenient. I just wish the fitness center was 24/7.

Room Tip: The highest floor available
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank BothellEnglandLover
, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Kennewick, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. We appreciate the kind review. In response to the fitness center hours. The hours are per requirements from Marriott due to the location of the fitness center being adjacent to guest rooms. Again, we appreciate the comments and look forward to your next stay with us.
Eugene, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

I arrived at 2:30 a.m. to check in and received the room type and location exactly as requested. It was Late Christmas Eve night so it was very quiet "not a creature was stirring not even a mouse". Not complaining at all. They are pet friendly which is something we always look for when travelling so many people travel with there pets now every one should do it. Beds were comfy it is an older renovated property so there is some where and tear though nothing disturbing. Room was huge with a mini fridge/freezer and microwave very comfy, I will stay again next time I'm passing through. Thanks!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JuanRCabrillo
Yakima, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed at the Fairfield for 2 nights. The first night there was some kind of kids sporting event, because there were kids in uniforms running up and down the halls. It didn't bother me once in my room though, I only heard the occasional footsteps, thank goodness the walls weren't thin! The room was clean and updated. The only thing I dislike about the Fairfield hotels is the pillows. They are very flat and full of air. My neck always hurts in the morning. The breakfast was good. The food area is small, but there were plenty of tables in the dining area with a big flat screen on the wall. Also comfortable couches in the entryway, my kids sat there as we brought in the luggage and checked in. We were only planning on staying one night, but we had to stay for two. Extending our stay was no problem and the staff was helpful. The hotel is right by the mall and lots of choices of restaurants. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Penny3711
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

If you must be in Tri-Cities, this hotel is nice, very friendly staff and for those that shop, there is a mall within walking distance. One big draw back is the fitness center (one treadmill, one bike and one eliptical) isn't open 24 hours. Only opens at 6am when many are already on the road. But the staff was very attentive.

Room Tip: Stay on the 3rd floor and walk the stairs for extra exercise.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business