“BEWARE...THEY STOLE MY MONEY!!!!”
Review of Kennewick Suites

Kennewick Suites
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Kennewick
Friday Harbor, Washington
“BEWARE...THEY STOLE MY MONEY!!!!”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

On 1/25/14 I stayed at Kennewick Suites. Due to frequent business travel, I stay in hotels often but NEVER have I experienced anything like this!
First of all, contrary to the pictures shown, my room looked nothing even close to what was portrayed. Second, the TV would become distorted when the heat came on in addition to the bathroom sink being broken causing it not to drain. But MOST IMPORTANT, I paid with cash for the room, having to give credit card information for incidentals. The following day after checking out, Kennewick Suites put a charge through my credit card for $100.00 and on 1/27/14 another $200.00 was charged by them on my credit card.
Therefore I called the hotel and asked to speak with the manager to inquire WHY they charged my credit card $300. I was informed by Joe G. that he was the owner and that when we (me and my business partner) checked out that their was a hole in the door! He taunted me like I was a child telling me "you know you got mad and punched the door". If there is one thing that I will not tolerate is being accused of something that I have NOT done!
I know nothing about a hole in the door, only that I never put a hole in their door! When I repeatedly tried to explain this to Joe G., he informed me that his housekeeping staff is very reputable and stated that the hole was not there prior to my visit. He refused to remove any charges and even went further stating he hears this from people all the time so basically calling me a liar! I could not reason with this man and therefore have reported him to the police, the BBB, my bank so that charges would be disputed. If need be, I will involve an attorney.
HOW MANY PEOPLE DO THEY DO THIS TO? THIS IS FRAUD AND HE NEEDS TO BE REPORTED!!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
8 Thank Cindy851
Jaskarn b, General Manager at Kennewick Suites, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review online regarding your recent stay at our hotel.
As Manager I firmly believe every one of my guests are entitled to express freely an opinion of the hotel experience even when I do not personally agree with the review. I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am sorry that you had a less than excellent stay at our hotel. But any damage done we would have to charge you accordingly. I personal walked you up to the room and showed you into the room. I saw no damage done to the room and you said you where very happy with the room as I left. We hope to have you as a guest again in the future!
Have a great day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Kennewick, Washington
Reviewed January 11, 2014

I have been homeless for about a month and have been staying in the suites for half that time.from the second I checked in until present I have been treated so generously and always greeted with a smile. the front desk is very courteous with my weird requests and times and always greet with a smile. AND REMEMBER MY NAME! thts always a good feeling. I have been in several different rooms so far and each one is differently decorated which makes it more comfortable and enjoyable than regular hotel rooms. the housekeeping is always on time and very nice. Also with a few incidents from guests in the past couple days all the staff has been very professional and always reassuring our safety.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank casaysay3
Jaskarn b, General Manager at Kennewick Suites, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Thank you for your impressive review of our property. I am proud of our team for providing you with the "home away from home" experience at our hotel that you deserve. We are also happy to hear that our housekeeping staff provided you with a nice, clean room and you will consider us again for future stays.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Great service- kind, helpful, interesting.
Breakfast - quality, tasty, plenty
Rooms -Spacious, clean, perfect amenities (microwave, fridge)
Perfect for a family - has everything you would need, all with extra room too.
Love this place - and always tell friends about it.
Will stay here whenever we are in town- it really has everything you need, including a laundry room too.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jaspreet S
Jaskarn b, General Manager at Kennewick Suites, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write such an excellent five star review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our spacious suites and great breakfast. We wish you safe travels and we are looking forward to your next stay!
Yakima, Washington
Reviewed December 9, 2013

The reviews made this hotel seem like a real bargain, but I have never been so disappointed. This hotel is worn out with cheesy updating. The bathroom floor was rotted with mold coming through the vinyl. Very poor heating with a heater switch on one side of the wall and thermostat on the other built into the headboard. Very strange looking characters hanging out at this hotel too. I decided not to stay. I even left without asking for a refund it was so bad. For $20 more you can get it all.

• Stayed December 2013
4 Thank Hotelhunter1234
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. Your comments are very important and appreciated. I want to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Please be assured that I will share your comments with the staff and use them as a training guide. Once again I am truly sorry and hope that you will give us another chance to regain your business.
NAMPA
Reviewed December 5, 2013

The room was very spacious and clean and had good hot water pressure. The full kitchen was awesome. The young man on at night was so polite, friendly and congenial. The next day I came out to find I had a flat tire but I had a very important class I was to attend. The owner got an air compressor and pumped up my tire, then he followed me to the tire store, then he took me to my class and then he picked up my car 2 hours later for me. He then picked me up from my class that evening and had my car waiting for me at the hotel to drive safely home. You just don't find service like that anywhere!! The internet was great and free! The bed was comfortable. The new owners are doing a great job remodeling. I would highly recommend this hotel for comfort, quietness and location. I will definitely stay there again! Miriam, Idaho

Room Tip: I asked for a queen, but they gave me a king and it was very quiet on the third floor, #301.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MIRIAM A
I think you enjoyed us as much as we enjoyed you! We certainly appreciate all the kudos you have given our staff. It's nice to be able to accommodate a guest that appreciates the little things we do to please. Happy Holidays!
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We read a lot of reviews before booking at Kennewick Suites. All of the unfavorable reviews seemed to be older than the good reviews, so we took a chance. We were only in town for the night, just passing through, anyway. It was worth a shot.

We were very happily surprised! This is an older building that was never built to be a Hilton, so the new owners (who took over around June of 2013) have done wonders! Our suite had a kitchenette, as well as a small seating area near the TV. My bed was firm, which I like, but my son didn't like his so firm -- that's just personal preference though. There was a cool mural on the wall, and they redecorated in a modern way, using what they had to work with, and I think they did a great job.

Now, for the staff. I've never had such a warm reception, from nice and helpful people, in a discount hotel. All of the staff -- evening, late night, and morning -- were great. We will stay at the Kennewick Suites whenever we're passing through town, and I highly recommend it to anyone. Also, the WiFi was fast. No problems there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Beth M
We very much appreciate you taking time to review your stay with us. I am so happy that your hotel experience was a positive one and that you will be returning. I hope you continue to stay with us so that you can take advantage of the exciting changes! Happy Holidays to you and your family.
Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

We were just stopping for an overnight, having business in the area, but we enjoyed the clean, remodeled room for a great price. I booked it through this app, using booking.com and had no hassles what so ever. The full kitchen was nice and I would definitely stay here if I was going to be back in the area.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TheresainAK
j_23b, General Manager at Kennewick Suites, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
We would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay. Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to seeing you in the future.