“Over priced comfort food”
Review of Cedars

Cedars
Ranked #17 of 235 Restaurants in Kennewick
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
seattle
“Over priced comfort food”
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

$25 for 5 prawns. That's $5 for a prawn and these little sea creasures weren't even tiger prawns. These little guys were dipped in a tasteless batter and deep fried. The menu is primarily comfort food NOT cooked by any awarding chef. I give it very poor value. I would pay that price if my taste buds had a life experience but in this case they experienced near death.

• Visited July 2013
4 Thank tom s

Richland, Washington
“Extremely Overrated”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I decided to give this place a THIRD try with some friends who wanted to try it. Third time was definitely not the charm. The Chicken Picatta was so overcooked I barely ate half of it and the artichokes were cold and chewy. I always take home leftovers but this was too bad for leftovers. At $22 a plate I expected way better. The clam chowder was ok as was the salad bar my companion had but everything else was overdone and WAY overpriced. The waiter seemed annoyed that he had to wait on us and rushed us at every chance he got . This place is a Tri Cities tradition but I can only assume people go for the view. Save your money and go to Anthony's. It is a way better restaurant and the view is just as spectacular. Waitstaff know how to make you feel like a guest rather than an inconvenience.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Michele G
Ogden, Utah
“Fine restaurant but don't expect warm & fuzzy service”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Cedars is a popular fine dining restaurant with a Columbia River view. I ate here twice: once with five friends in the main dining room and the second alone in the lounge. The first time we did not have a reservation, but were told they 'did us a favor' by seating us, 'if we would leave within one and a half hours'. My friends thought the entrees were high priced and the service was okay. During the second visit, I noticed the main dining room was almost empty and asked to sit there. But they said since I was alone, I needed to eat in the lounge. I liked the lounge appetizer selection which was good considering I was not allowed to order an entrée from the main menu.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Brenda B
White Salmon, Washington
“Still a dining Mainstay in the Tri Cities!”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

The Cedars is always a favorite of mine when in the Tri-Cities area. It has been around for many a year, but the food continues to dazzle. The location is great and the service is always top notch. You can't go wrong if you are looking for a great night out with this choice....

Visited December 2012
1 Thank ttocsnodrog_2000
Olympia
“Consistent Quality”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My husband and I took my mother here last Saturday night, and we all enjoyed delicious food, a beautiful view, and quick service. Loved the smoked salmon and artichoke dip appetizer-mmmmm! My prime rib was perfect, accompanied by enormous prawns. Mom loved the halibut and sauce. My husband really liked the way his rib eye pepper steak was prepared, but wondered whether a better cut of meat is served with a more "plain" preparation. Nice beer selection. (Mac and Jack!) Good salad bar with all my favorite toppings. We had no room for dessert! Comfortable booth with good accoustics--we could carry on a quiet conversation, unlike many places. Prices might be relatively a litte high for the Tri-Cities, but not compared with most large cities.

• Visited May 2013