“The extra are just that, extra.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Lion Hotel Kennewick Columbia Center

Red Lion Hotel Kennewick Columbia Center
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Kennewick
“The extra are just that, extra.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Corporate lodging set me up here as they allow large vehicle parking. Check in was not an issue, and my room was around the back side of the hotel and that was good as there was plenty of room for me to park my semi. As I get to my room I notice a dirty plate on the floor out front of the door. I didn't give it much thought as the rooms in my hall were being clean so I assumed it get picked up. Nope. That plate was still there the next morning as I head to breakfast. Now most places give you a complementary breakfast, but here it's $5 +tax. For that you actually get real food tho. Eggs, bacon, sausage, etc and not fake eggs, the real ones. Unfortunately theres no guest laundry and not being able to jump in a car and go to a laundromat it kinda sucked (lucky for me I have a friend in town and I wash my stuff over there). There's plenty of restaurants within walking distance (most fast food) as well as a shopping center right across the street. The bed was comfy enough and the TV was a nice big flat screen. Based on the fact that breakfast inst included in the price and there's no guest laundry I'll be passing this place up the next time I have to stay in town.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank ErikStrieter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Olympia, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

This hotel is a little bit dated. The rooms are nice for smokers or those with dogs. If you are on the ground floor, you can just go outside of your room to a nice landscaped area with a stream and waterfall going through. The door to the outside didn't really lock, so you had to use a stick in the sliding glass door. From there, you could walk to the pool, which was outside and really cold! We couldn't even swim. We put our toe in and it was too cold to swim. My husband was here on a conference, and we came along. You have to cross a very busy road to get to the conference center, although this is near the mall and many restaurants. It is right in the same parking lot as Red Robin.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Coulee Dam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

We have stayed at this Red Lion many times because of my husband's business in the TriCities area. The service has always been excellent. We have never had a problem. That is saying something because we have stayed there close to a hundred times!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Herb S
Bellingham, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

Previous visits were pleasant but hotel is old now, rather stay somewhere else nearby for how much they're charging. New front desk didn't give any discount where last time I received 20% off for being a returning customer.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Hotel Kennewick Columbia Center, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
We would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to rate our hotel based on the experience during your stay. You are a valued guest and we do hope that you will stay with Red Lion Hotels again in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Kennewick hotels

Maple Valley, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

The grounds and front desk people were lovely, but once you get into the rooms in this hotel you will wish you weren't there.The rooms are disgustingly dirty and look as if they had NEVER been cleaned. The floors were sticky-STICKY-the furniture ripped and stained, the hide-a-bed had not been changed out from the last people, there was gum stuck behind the master bed, the screen door was broken and leaning up against our slider and there were empty beer boxes left under our sink. And to top it all off our 8yr old came home with an itchy rash all over his body from goodness knows what in that room! I would NEVER stay here again and would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Hotel Kennewick Columbia Center, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
We value each and every one of our guests and I truly apologize that we failed to provide you the best possible service. There is no reason, nor is it acceptable, to be checked into a room that clearly was not properly cleaned. I do want to apologize for the condition of the furniture in your room as well. I would like to assure you that this will be addressed accordingly with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future.
Thank you for your feedback you are a valued guest and we hope to have the opportunity to provide you better service in the near future!
Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

This truly was a last minute decision for us. We were planning on driving straight through from Blaine WA to Twin Falls ID but decided to break that long drive up. Booked the same day & joined their rewards program to save 15%. Staff was very welcoming and friendly. And it was nice to be handed 2 bottles of cold water as we were checking in. The room was nice and clean. I was a little worried as early in the evening, we could hear a fair bit of noise in the hallway and some outside traffic noise too. But it quieted down and we had a very good nights sleep.

Room Tip: Join the rewards program and save $!