“This is the place to stay in the tri citys”

Red Lion Hotel Kennewick Columbia Center
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Kennewick
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Super friendly staff A check in.
Clean quite room with 3 HBO channels free wi-fi with a strong signal real good water pressure in the shower. And a nice restaurant. The room was very large (king bed in one room and sofa/tv/fridge/desk in other room as well as separate bathroom area. Wish we could have stayed another night. The hotel has the feel of an older hotel but nothing so major as to change our opinion of the property.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I travel all over the world and i have to say this hotel property is right at the top of the list as far as staffing and overall comfort in the rooms and just a great place to stay. Staff was excellent and very freindly and did their job with smiles all around. Everytime you passed a staff member in the hall or at the front dest they said hello and was there anything I needed as a guest of the hotel. Will recommend to all my business traelers that come this way.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Location of the hotel is great. I stayed there one night ( 9/28-29/ 2013). I was at a dog show all day watching a friends' dogs compete. I would've loved a shower during my stay, but apparently, the hotel was unable to get the hot water heating system fixed.
I was told the manager would be calling me about the situation and left my home phone number with the front desk. I have called the manager's (Katie Trip, I believe) number and left a message. I haven't heard anything back. I go to Kennewick a couple of times a year. I'm hoping they will rectify the situation.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This was an unplanned stopover for our family and we were not really sure what to expect as we have not stayed in a Red Lion Hotel previously. Let me start out by saying that I am probably one of the pickiest there is when it comes to choosing hotels and dining. The room was very large (king bed in one room and sofa/tv/fridge/desk in other room as well as separate bathroom area. Wish we could have stayed another night. The hotel has the feel of an older hotel but nothing so major as to change our opinion of the property.

Room Tip: If you are not a member of the Red Lion awards program; join either prior to or at the time of your...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I will definaltly stay at this hotel again when in the area! The Front desk staff is OUTSTANDING! Kaiya for instance was over the top, I called ahead stopped in and told her to Sell me on this hotel compared to the others in town. Which she did, I ended up staying 2 nights! Listened to her with other guests and she is so outgoing and friendly and not fake! I love it! All hotel chains should have her at there front desk!
Rooms were clean and comfortable, good location when in the Tri-Cities, of WA Out door pool, but no hot tub. Bar serves food but didn't eat there, menu looked kinda slim. Walked past it, looked in and it was always quite quiet, so never went back in. Many resturants to go to in the area. I would suggest this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We hosted a foreign delegation of 7 individuals who stayed for one week at this property. The rooms were average, but there was a problem with no hot water one morning, and the air conditioning units - which are VERY old - were so noisy that they couldn't sleep. The staff in general were terrific about everything as far as our conference needs were concerned. The Chef Josh modified banquet menus to fit our guests' needs, the banquet staff was great (thanks Diego!), the catering sales staff were very helpful (Kelly and Darren), the audio visual representative (Blaine) was there when we needed him helping to get our translation equipment working, and even the general manager (Monica) checked in with us to make sure everything was going well. There aren't may "full service" choices in the Tri-Cities area so if you need that, this would be a reasonable place to stay. It could use a facelift though!

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor have windows that only open 4-6" as a safety precaution for little ch...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for five years in a row now. Our friends visit Kennewick for unlimited hydroplane racing every year in July. Everybody loves the bed mattress and sleeps well. The rooms are very clean. Being boat race weekend, the crowds can get a little rowdy. If they do get to loud, management does take action. The pool area is comfortable and the water is clean. No food service by the pool on a busy weekend is a bummer, although there is a Red Robin sharing the same parking lot and you can bring outside food to the pool. The hotel breakfast can be included with the room price as an option. The food is average at best, but i still eat there every morning becuase it is conveniet. The staff has always been friendly and helpfull. They have a computer in the lobby with internet logged on which we take advantage of to change our ESPN fantasy stockcar race teams on. This hotel is right across the street from a large mall and several restaruants, so finding a good place to eat is extremely easy.

Room Tip: We like to be near the pool since we are always forgetting drinks and food. In August our room on th...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends