“Good value”

Red Lion Hotel Kennewick Columbia Center
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Kennewick
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I stayed here two nights and was very satisfied. Like others have said, the rooms were a little outdated, but they were clean and functional. The tv was a little lame, and the internet slow, but all the other furnishings were satisfactory. The front desk staff was very friendly and efficient, and the breakfast buffet was excellent. If your looking for top of the line, this isn't it, but for the money I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Red Lion Hotel Kennewick Columbia Center

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Wow its 2013 and the rooms looked like you were in a time warp. Old 1980s tvs. Bed was nice bar had a lot of noise. Nice staff. Just old rooms. Come on Red lion you used to be so nice at one time. But that was in the 80s

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank allaboutbbq
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We were traveling w/ our dog & more than ready to stop when we arrived in the Tri-Cities area. This was simply the first place we fell into that took pets. Not such a great choice. My first clue was when I checked into reception & there was a vase with flowers, dying & dead. One of the stalks had lost every petal! This hotel is OK ... just OK. The room was very, VERY small. Sorry I don't have a pic, but it was much smaller than the pics you see here on TripAdvisor. It had a king bed (comfy), desk area, large consul for the old TV, & a lounge chair that was smashed into the curtains because there was no room for it anywhere else. Furnishings were worn, old & dark. The chair for the desk had a ripped seat. The hair dryer was hanging from the wall & may have presented a shock hazard. This room had not been upgraded in a while & faced the back parking lot which was huge & a little seedy. The breakfast was not included and we did not stay for it. When I checked out, the vase of dead flowers & empty stalks was still there. There are far better choices in this area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Hotel Kennewick Columbia Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

We appreciate you taking the time to comment about your stay with us as your feedback is important when providing our guests excellent service. I apologize that the hotel was less than you expected in comparison to other local hotels. We value you as a guest and we are always looking for ways to enhance our guest experience. We will be speaking with our front desk staff about your experience and do hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you better during your next visit.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

had read a couple of reviews on here and would have to understand the price paid to understand the complaints, since I found it a nice clean place, with great location for the great price I got on special. I stayed two nights, and had a requested a quiet room away from bar noise having read someones warning. Having been there for a Friday night comedy show, I wasn't sure what rooms would be within earshot of the bar, unless they open the doors in the summer. Unless perhaps a mothers super powered hearing may find it annoying. I stayed on the banquet room side with a wedding party going in the banquet room down the hall and once the door closed I found silence.
As for the room, Very nice pillow top bed, good pillow selection, refrigerator, microwave, chair w/ottoman, desk. So the only things that could be improved, but in general was the old tube style tv, as well as a rather data big screen in the bar.as noted by others it is a little stuck in time perhaps late 80's motif but not bad.
Small bar with very friendly bartender, but service on the floor was slow during comedy show. It was an interesting show to say the least, perhaps not Vegas style production nor would one expect it. Breakfast buffet was average, in comparison to extended stay lodging places nearby. Perhaps a little more disappointing., in a beautiful dining area, was sort of a waste bu only $5,yes they charge for what the neighbors giveaway.
They room key coder was a little flaky but 3rd time was a charm thanx to the security woman that came to the rescue. Even got locked in courtyard and another quest had to unlock the door with their key to get me back ..... I chuckled since I had visions of Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, the ultimate travel movie.
In general I give them a thumbs up for an u nder $100 a night place, anymore than that would be questionable.

Room Tip: The backside is quieter from traffic, they do have courtyard rooms with slider doors, and a nice man...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank bluzbum
Reviewed September 11, 2012

I haven't ever spent a night in Kennewick and traveled on the spur of the moment to visit friends. I used priceline for this trip and selected the 'price chop' service. I was pleased to get the Red Lion.
The room was comfortable and clean; the staff was pleasant and helpful and I enjoyed the buffet breakfast and the price!

I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I would select a room on the SOUTH end of the hotel, away from the restaurants.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is our second stay at this hotel while we attended the tri-cities water follies: http://www.waterfollies.com/ The hotel is clean, the staff are friendly, and the bar/restaurant is great. They have a great buffet breakfast at a very reasonable rate. We arrived late in the afternoon on a Friday, and although we had a reservation, our room was not available because a guest decided to stay. The hotel was full and very busy, as usual during the water follies weekend. A lot of the hydroplane drivers and crew members stay at the hotel and I knew it was a little risky arriving late in the afternoon om Friday. I expected the front desk to tell me they were booked and were going to send me to another property, but to my surprise the manager at the fron desk told me they were putting us in the suite for the weekend! The room was awesome and we found ourselves spending time on the private deck instead of wandering around town. The first time we stayed here we had a regular room and were very pleased with it - the reason we booked there again, and the reason we will stay there next year. Great pool, and lots of parking. Also, there are a lot of great restaurants withing walking distance as well as a great shopping mall.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I stayed here recently and it was a really nice experience. Yes, the rooms need a little remodel (ie: outdated tv, damaged bathroom sink, useless vent fan) but mine was clean and spacious with really nice furniture and an incredibly comfortable bed. I was informed that they are in the process of upgrading the rooms. Nice view of the courtyard at opposite end from the pool. The staff was friendly, courteous and very helpful, especially the breakfast cashier. Breakfast buffet was better than most and well worth $4.95. I admit I was not there on business so I can't comment on the lack of modern technology except that I had no problems at all with WiFi. I will definitely stay there again next time I visit family in the area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends