New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Kennewick
Neskowin, Oregon
“NEED A face lift”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

Wow its 2013 and the rooms looked like you were in a time warp. Old 1980s tvs. Bed was nice bar had a lot of noise. Nice staff. Just old rooms. Come on Red lion you used to be so nice at one time. But that was in the 80s

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank allaboutbbq

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Whidbey Island, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

We were traveling w/ our dog & more than ready to stop when we arrived in the Tri-Cities area. This was simply the first place we fell into that took pets. Not such a great choice. My first clue was when I checked into reception & there was a vase with flowers, dying & dead. One of the stalks had lost every petal! This hotel is OK ... just OK. The room was very, VERY small. Sorry I don't have a pic, but it was much smaller than the pics you see here on TripAdvisor. It had a king bed (comfy), desk area, large consul for the old TV, & a lounge chair that was smashed into the curtains because there was no room for it anywhere else. Furnishings were worn, old & dark. The chair for the desk had a ripped seat. The hair dryer was hanging from the wall & may have presented a shock hazard. This room had not been upgraded in a while & faced the back parking lot which was huge & a little seedy. The breakfast was not included and we did not stay for it. When I checked out, the vase of dead flowers & empty stalks was still there. There are far better choices in this area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Hotel Kennewick Columbia Center, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to comment about your stay with us as your feedback is important when providing our guests excellent service. I apologize that the hotel was less than you expected in comparison to other local hotels. We value you as a guest and we are always looking for ways to enhance our guest experience. We will be speaking with our front desk staff about your experience and do hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you better during your next visit.

Travelers are raving about these Kennewick hotels

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

had read a couple of reviews on here and would have to understand the price paid to understand the complaints, since I found it a nice clean place, with great location for the great price I got on special. I stayed two nights, and had a requested a quiet room away from bar noise having read someones warning. Having been there for a Friday night comedy show, I wasn't sure what rooms would be within earshot of the bar, unless they open the doors in the summer. Unless perhaps a mothers super powered hearing may find it annoying. I stayed on the banquet room side with a wedding party going in the banquet room down the hall and once the door closed I found silence.
As for the room, Very nice pillow top bed, good pillow selection, refrigerator, microwave, chair w/ottoman, desk. So the only things that could be improved, but in general was the old tube style tv, as well as a rather data big screen in the bar.as noted by others it is a little stuck in time perhaps late 80's motif but not bad.
Small bar with very friendly bartender, but service on the floor was slow during comedy show. It was an interesting show to say the least, perhaps not Vegas style production nor would one expect it. Breakfast buffet was average, in comparison to extended stay lodging places nearby. Perhaps a little more disappointing., in a beautiful dining area, was sort of a waste bu only $5,yes they charge for what the neighbors giveaway.
They room key coder was a little flaky but 3rd time was a charm thanx to the security woman that came to the rescue. Even got locked in courtyard and another quest had to unlock the door with their key to get me back ..... I chuckled since I had visions of Planes, Trains, and Automobiles, the ultimate travel movie.
In general I give them a thumbs up for an u nder $100 a night place, anymore than that would be questionable.

Room Tip: The backside is quieter from traffic, they do have courtyard rooms with slider doors, and a nice man...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank bluzbum
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

I haven't ever spent a night in Kennewick and traveled on the spur of the moment to visit friends. I used priceline for this trip and selected the 'price chop' service. I was pleased to get the Red Lion.
The room was comfortable and clean; the staff was pleasant and helpful and I enjoyed the buffet breakfast and the price!

I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I would select a room on the SOUTH end of the hotel, away from the restaurants.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
North Lakewood
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is our second stay at this hotel while we attended the tri-cities water follies: http://www.waterfollies.com/ The hotel is clean, the staff are friendly, and the bar/restaurant is great. They have a great buffet breakfast at a very reasonable rate. We arrived late in the afternoon on a Friday, and although we had a reservation, our room was not available because a guest decided to stay. The hotel was full and very busy, as usual during the water follies weekend. A lot of the hydroplane drivers and crew members stay at the hotel and I knew it was a little risky arriving late in the afternoon om Friday. I expected the front desk to tell me they were booked and were going to send me to another property, but to my surprise the manager at the fron desk told me they were putting us in the suite for the weekend! The room was awesome and we found ourselves spending time on the private deck instead of wandering around town. The first time we stayed here we had a regular room and were very pleased with it - the reason we booked there again, and the reason we will stay there next year. Great pool, and lots of parking. Also, there are a lot of great restaurants withing walking distance as well as a great shopping mall.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Oak Harbor
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

I stayed here recently and it was a really nice experience. Yes, the rooms need a little remodel (ie: outdated tv, damaged bathroom sink, useless vent fan) but mine was clean and spacious with really nice furniture and an incredibly comfortable bed. I was informed that they are in the process of upgrading the rooms. Nice view of the courtyard at opposite end from the pool. The staff was friendly, courteous and very helpful, especially the breakfast cashier. Breakfast buffet was better than most and well worth $4.95. I admit I was not there on business so I can't comment on the lack of modern technology except that I had no problems at all with WiFi. I will definitely stay there again next time I visit family in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Bellevue
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

As I rule I do NOT post about chain hotels. Generally, they are known and you get what you get. However, I will make an exception to for something truly exceptional: good or bad. This place meets that criteria.

About ten years ago, this was the only game in town unless you stayed at a true motel. So "back in the day," I always stayed here but I never liked it. Rooms were musty. Staff typically always uncaring. Just a hotel that time forgot. Unfortunately, on this trip every single other place in town was booked and as there was no space to sleep under the highway underpass (a better option that here) so I relucantly came back. Kudos for consistency, Red Lion. Nothing has changed.

The rooms, the halls, everything smell like your grandmother's hall closet that has not been opened for 20 years. I will say that they appear "clean" in that there is no obvious dirt and the room carpet, anyway, looks "newer." But it has that "old hotel" stank that you cannot get out of your nose for all day. When I turned on the a/c, it smelled like a mix of cig. smoke and old cheese.

But is that why I am posting ? No.

As a hotel that has confernece rooms, etc., and holds itself out as a business conference resource, its "business center" is a computer on a wall shelf in the lobby. Really. No Joke. I will take a picture and post it later.

But here is the real kicker. They have a printer but no toner. When I asked ROSS at the front desk about it, initially he just turned his back to me and walked off. When he came back, he seemed to think I was asking him to run out to buy me some. Rude. Surly. Clearly hates his job which, by the way, the woman that checked me in exhibited the same "you are bothering me" attitude. Anyway, it gets better. Apparently, the good ole printer has been out of toner for quite some time. There is an office depot, a target, and another office supply store in 5 minutes WALKING distance, 1 minute by car, and these rocket scientists won't take the time to go buy a printer cartridge. Instead, here I am on a business trip and stuck. Interestingly, after me another person came to the lobby with the absurd idea that could actually use the printer for something as unusual as actually PRINTING something.

I ask you: how can a hotel care so little about their guests as to (1) not bother buying toner and (2) not having the courtesy of at least putting a darn note up. I would have gone to kinkos earlier if I knew that. And if they won't bother themselves to provide toner in the printer in the lobby that everyone sees, do you really think they are cleaning your sheets, your bed cover, the glasses in your room, when no one is looking ?

Okay, okay, I try not to be a one trick pony on these reviews. There is no food. I noticed that another poster indicated how great "the cooler" with food in it was at the front desk. Was she serious ? It is basically what you would see in a really bad gas station.

There are no services here at all. The entire property smells like it was furnished from the clearnace isle at Goodwill. The staff are unkempt, poorly groomed, and uniformally act like the guests are an inconvienance. I saw them act like that way to three diffferent people checking in. I will say that the grass was green and the pool appeared "clean." So, if you have kids or dogs, maybe this place is for you. This place is like the Bates Motel: some curb appeal, but don't go in the rooms.

If you are business traveler, you are a tota idiot if you stay here. Oh, by the way, years back I stayed at the Red Lion at the airport in Pasco and it was as bad as this place.

When I was growing up, the Red Lion was "it." It was "the" place. It is clearly, however, on life support and has been for a very long time. Stay away.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business