“Nice Place”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Kelso
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I stayed here for 1 night for business and I was happily surprised. My room was clean, internet is free and the front desk person was super, super nice. She even found out about the whole Celiac thing and said that there would be items I could eat. I've stayed at a lot of hotels and I can safely say that if I am in Kelso again, I am staying here. There is one con, you can hear the highway, but that is not the hotels fault.

Room Tip: Stay on the side away from the highway, the odd numbered rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed April 16, 2014

My husband and I were relocating from WA to Mississippi and our house sold in one day. With two more months to finish out our jobs we moved in here. Great staff and clean comfortable room. I will recommend to everyone that you will enjoy your stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Comfort Inn Kelso
Was a great stay for me , I was there for a week on vacation and the staff ( John , Jen , Sherri )and everyone else made it very comfortable, my room and the hotel was very clean . I recommend this comfort inn to any body !! Thank you all again for a wonderful stay !! Vince

Room Tip: King suite with woorlpool tub!! VERY NICE !!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 28, 2014

The hotel is a standard comfort inn. It is located for a traveler, just off the I5. Rooms are clean, internet works well, breakfast is ok and the staff is professional. There are several good restaurants nearby. I will come back again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
ComfortInnKelso, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give your review of your stay. We appreciate the kind words, and we are encouraged to always give our best effort to make all of our guest's stays memorable. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

This is a pretty standard comfort inn. The room was good - northing special - there was a microwave popcorn bag in the corner and popcorn on the floor - no big deal but it should have been cleaned up. The beds were comfortable.

Checkin was smooth - the lady at the desk was helpful.

The continental breakfast was pretty much motel standard - not special but it got us on our way in the morning.

The hotel has a nice looking indoor pool and hot tub area but we didn't try it out.

Room Tip: Choose the side of the hotel that does not face I-5
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
ComfortInnKelso, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Thank you for your comments. You are absolutely right, the popcorn bag should have been picked up. This has been brought to the attention of our housekeeping department. As for the breakfast, we meet or exceed all standards for Comfort Inn's "Your Morning Breakfast." We always welcome suggestions for improving the guest experience. We hope to see you again one day.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I travel a substantial amount- and I don't stay in 5 star hotels or expect to be pampered every step of the way, but I find that for the most part, there's a minimum expectation at each hotel for cleanliness.

This hotel doesn't meet that minimum expectation. I hate being critical of people and places, but the Comfort Inn in Kelso was a new low.

Bathroom was not cleaned whatsoever on arrival. Hair in the sink, on the dryer, in the shower. Toilet had not been cleaned. I'm certain they replaced the amenities, folded the TP and walked out. Room phone did not work. Carpet was frayed and ripping. If there's free food, I ALWAYS partake, but I could not for the life of me eat more than a few bites of what was available at breakfast. It wasn't food.

What I will say is that the front desk staff was warm, friendly, and welcoming. They provided recommendations for restaurants and bars, warm cookies and always were courteous. Considered switching hotels after the 1st of 3 nights, but front desk staff was what kept me there. You get what you pay for- But I won't be visiting again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Five09er
ComfortInnKelso, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Thank you for your feed back. We value all guest comments. We appreciate your satisfaction with our staff service. We are well above the minimum standards set by Choice Hotels in cleanliness, "Your Morning Breakfast for the Comfort Inn Brand. Our breakfast features three fresh fruits, two varieties of hot waffles, sausage, scrambled and hard boiled eggs, potatoes, a variety of hot & cold cereals, a variety of yogurts, muffins, danishes, breads and two kinds of 100% juices. Our coffee is served 24-hours. Also our indoor pool and spa with excercise equipment is open for 24 hours to provide convenience and comfort to our valued guests like you.
We have completely remodeled the entire hotel and guest rooms. Actually we installed the new Comfort Inn "Yours Truly Bedding" in March 2013 and were the first Comfort Inn to comply with the new bedding program by Choice Hotels. We have checked our front desk logs and discussed the matter with the staff, but did not find any dissatisfaction expressed by you during your stay. We would very much like to discuss the issues with you. Please call us so we can fully understand the inconvenience that you experienced during your stay.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

It's a nice hidden motel at the edge of the mall, with a very friendly check-in staff, a comfortable room, good breakfast in the morning and a good place to start the adventure of volcanos. We would stay here again. Thank you!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
ComfortInnKelso, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are grateful for the kind words. We hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kelso
GuestHouse Inn & Suites Kelso/Longview
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#1 of 8 in Longview
Super 8 Kelso Longview Area
Red Lion Hotel Kelso/Longview
Best Western Woodland Inn
Best Western Aladdin Inn

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!